The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
thirdeyethethird

Please include Carmageddon 1 in the indie's marathon

On 11/4/2018 at 7:12 PM, Phil said:

But there's zero guarantee of anything: your game might not be played, your game has no length of time promised, and I may not like said game. Why? Because everything is now based ON THE STREAMS, which is exactly the changes I was asked to take into effect this year by the viewers.

@Blackspawn89

This is the "WOOF" situation all over again. Phil stated that the Patreon games might not be played at all, as you can see in the sentence above, so I guess Phil is being consistent with his previous statement. If you're going to pledge, you might as well know what are the conditions.

The patron perk is useless. Why vote when ur game can be skipped regardless of the poll rank. The only condition that is reliable for patrons right now is ‘phil gets the money and u feel happy to help him pay his bills and taxes’. The marathon has nothing to do with patreon.

• Upvote 3

Wow im thoroughly suprised im not banned. But what Im shockingly surprised of is Phil renigging or finding a loophole to barely playing or flatout not play a game he said he would.

I am shocked.

Edited by OaklandCross

I agree here. I was indifferent when Silent Hill was barley given time. But at least he did give it a try. But completely skipping a game that got nominated in for no good reason is bullshit.

At this point why even have Patreon.

BTW I realize that Stardew Valley only got two nominations but why confirm you're going to play it when you have no plans to?

Edited by Nich2440
  • Upvote 2

BTW This is the tweet where he said he was going to play all 6 games. Don't make a promise if you can't keep it Phil.

• Upvote 1

Yeah it is frustrating really. I like the idea of less games to give more time for the games you will play but you can't bait and switch viewers to tell them to watch a marathon in the potential hopes of catching the game they're most looking toward to and when it doesn't happen.... Expect them to be okay with it. 

Viewers time is precious and when you want to raise funds at this time, this is the last thing you should be doing. Was not at stream but did Phil really ban people who were upset about not playing Stardew Valley? Hope that isn't the case because that looks really bad especially at a time of dire straits financially. 

2 hours ago, Nich2440 said:

BTW This is the tweet where he said he was going to play all 6 games. Don't make a promise if you can't keep it Phil.

Well, he did say in a prestream that he might not be able to play all six

He had Stardew Valley included heading into yesterday as a game listed though over on Twitter which is up to date. 

This was a last minute decision by Phil, I totally get why people got upset over the curious decision. There might have been people waiting hours for that game and got bait and switched. 

Really bad communication, mistakes happen but the margin of error this time of the year for Dsp is minimal and him banning viewers with the other stream as an alternative I think is the wrong decision and was one done off of impulse. 

8 hours ago, Cappuccino said:

The patron perk is useless. Why vote when ur game can be skipped regardless of the poll rank. The only condition that is reliable for patrons right now is ‘phil gets the money and u feel happy to help him pay his bills and taxes’. The marathon has nothing to do with patreon.

Agreed, why even have a Patreon perk when people can easily override it in the stream chat, if you promise something especially with money attached always see it through. It's just another weird ass DSPism.

Personally I am disappointed. This was something I wanted to see. But it also isn't a big deal.

But the thing is this is a common fault with his Patreon. He confirms a lineup of games that he can't commit to.The same thing happened with Sunshine.

Oh he played Minecraft again?

I checked it out and it's pretty funny that he seems to have forgotten how to play the game entirely. Like not even the new shit they added, just playing the original content seems to be confusing. Would be cool if they ever set the old TKOH server back up.

11 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

I checked it out and it's pretty funny that he seems to have forgotten how to play the game entirely.

It's like watching a 5 year old play a game for the first time. XD

• Like 1

You guys are far too easy to troll bait.

Next to nobody wanted Stardew Valley on the actual stream. In fact, after I'd played Minecraft and promised to make it part of my normal rotation, people were incredibly happy and that satiated their desire for "something chill" (which is also what they wanted from Stardew Valley). 

Once I realized I wasn't going to have time to play 5 games because I'd gone so long with Minecraft and IWBTG, it was between Stardew and Axiom Verge. One I'd played before, one I hadn't. Easy decision.

Then the trolls jumped on the bandwagon of "Phil not living up to his promises" which of course was BS, because never was it outright promised I'd actually play all the games. In fact, originally it was SIX games, with Ruiner being one of them. Why didn't I play it? Because I couldn't afford it. I'd already bought Minecraft and Axiom Verge and didn't have another $20+ to drop for another game to play for a few hours and then never go back to again.

BUT YOU NOTICE, nobody complained about Ruiner? Because the complaints weren't legit. They were all trolls. The people who got banned for spamming "WE WANT STARDEW" never asked for unbans because they weren't Patrons or supporters. But you guys fall for this shit every. Damn. Time.

Wake up. No patrons are angry that Stardew or Ruiner didn't get played. Patrons support because they love the insane amount of content I put out for free every day. The fact that they get rewards called Perks is just an added bonus, and they know that. If not, and they still think Patreon is Kickstarter, that is their own fault and nobody can help or change it. I've been doing this for 4 years and I know what I'm doing.

Now, for the love of god, please move on from the pointless drama. You put me to sleep with this stuff.

• Like 1