The King of Hate Forums
Cappuccino

Monster Hunter World news update!

“Ppl dont talk about mhw anymore”

- monster hunter world iceborne expansion announced + more free dlcs

”i dont want to waste 60$ on the game”

- free trial dec 11-17, can play with ppl who got full game (up to certain point) and progress will be saved for if u bought the full game later.

@Phil you might want to get on that if u want to play the rpg GOTY 2018 for free. And no, u dont know anything from the game by just playing 3 missions.

ps: i suggest play by urself this time bcos

1.) u can actually try to learn about the game instead of mindlessly running after others ppls ass

2.) monster is easier when theres only single player

For context, Monster Hunter World is my first MH game and I'm only about 20 hours in.

I will agree that just doing the first few missions doesn't really allow the game to shine. It took a bit for the flow to sink in for me, especially once I started fighting the tougher monsters. It also helps if you test out different weapons. My original weapon (forgot which) was boring and I figured most weapons were similar. However I tried out the Insect Glaive and that turned out to be fun as hell to use which made me enjoy the game much more.

As someone who's a newbie to the series, I suggest doing some solo missions and mess around with all the different weapons to find one that fits your style. Once you do that, THEN do some co-op so it's not so much just following folks around and button mashing.  The fighting can be fun (though chasing after monsters is really grating for me) and the aspect of unlocking armor then upgrading it creates a pretty addictive loop. I'd probably have more hours in it but my streaming audience wasn't that into it and some of my "off camera" games are already time eaters (coughcoughHeroesOfTheStormcoughcoughcough)

You could just make a topic under the gaming section so we can all talk about this cool update coming out, instead of making another mindless drama topic.

He already played 4U a while back and didn't like Monster hunter, he's not the type of person these games cater toward because of the hardcore material grind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

You could just make a topic under the gaming section so we can all talk about this cool update coming out, instead of making another mindless drama topic.

He already played 4U a while back and didn't like Monster hunter, he's not the type of person these games cater toward because of the hardcore material grind.

This thread is about a game and about dsp, why cant i post it here? If it gets phils attention to play the game then its worth it.

He got carried in 4u, and again in mhw beta. His experiences were half assed. Thats why i want him to play it properly. Mhw need no grind until endgame. U can put on random armor that u can make along the way and be just fine. Most ppl just grind bcos set bonus satisfaction and cool looks.

1 hour ago, Cappuccino said:

This thread is about a game and about dsp, why cant i post it here? If it gets phils attention to play the game then its worth it.

He got carried in 4u, and again in mhw beta. His experiences were half assed. Thats why i want him to play it properly. Mhw need no grind until endgame. U can put on random armor that u can make along the way and be just fine. Most ppl just grind bcos set bonus satisfaction and cool looks.

I watched the playthrough, he barely got anywhere in 4U. He was still early in low rank so I dunno how he "got carried" when everything at that point is piss easy.

I'm questioning why you made this topic about DSP when the dude doesn't even play these games but some of us here do.

1 hour ago, Cappuccino said:

Mhw need no grind until endgame. U can put on random armor that u can make along the way and be just fine. Most ppl just grind bcos set bonus satisfaction and cool looks.

No, most people wait until High rank to grind for armor sets because low rank is useless by that point and the game doesn't have G Rank yet.

Edited by KGhaleon
  • Like 1

He definitely got carried hunting gore magala, the first serious/fun monster encounter in low rank. And from wut u said  he barely got anywhere, all the more reason that his playthru were half assed.

ur questioning me why i made this thread. Its an attempt to get phil to play it and also talk about the news. But ur not even a mod, why are u policing shits anyway?

42 minutes ago, Cappuccino said:

But ur not even a mod, why are u policing shits anyway?

I'm not, I'm saying you're wasting your time because he's not a fan of the series. Stop being an idiot.

6 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

I'm not, I'm saying you're wasting your time because he's not a fan of the series. Stop being an idiot.

Its called hope. Stop being annoying. If ppl didnt hope and keep suggesting phil for entire 2+ years he would still be doing camcorder on fucking youtube and still shitting on twitch.