The King of Hate Forums
musicboy

Anyone here, ever read the Groo The Wanderer comics?

Anyone here, ever read the Groo The Wanderer comics? Especially the ones created by marvel?

I like that old 80's comic series. It's really funny too.:laugh:

The hero Groo, literally puts Samurai X and that Conan dude, to shame with his antics.:laugh:

Edited by musicboy

1 hour ago, musicboy said:

Anyone here, ever read the Groo The Wanderer comics? Especially the ones created by marvel?

I like that old 80's comic series. It's really funny too.:laugh:

The hero Groo, literally puts Samurai X and that Conan dude, to shame with his antics.:laugh:

Never heard of Groo the Wanderer.

Edited by MDCFAN101

7 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Never heard of Groo the Wanderer.

Yeah. Alot of people, haven't heard of it either. But it is a really funny comic book series, with a goof ball warrior hero and his dog, who is his no.1 fan.:smile:

Edited by musicboy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, musicboy said:

Yeah. Alot of people, haven't heard of it either. But it is a really funny comic book series, with a goof ball warrior hero and his dog, who is his no.1 fan.:smile:

I just researched it.  Looks hilarious.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I just researched it.  Looks hilarious.

Yeah, it is. And the funny thing is, his dog is smarter than him. Lol!:laugh:

Edited by musicboy

5 minutes ago, musicboy said:

Rufferto.

Rufferto? That's... an interesting name to give a dog.

Anyways, from what I researched and from what you told me, Groo the Wanderer is a spoof of Conan the Barbarian

Edited by MDCFAN101

3 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Rufferto? That's... an interesting name to give a dog.

Anyways, from what I researched and from what you told me, Groo the Wanderer is a spoof of Conan the Barbarian

Yeah. That's the same thing I noticed, when I saw first read those comics.

But the other funny thing is, there is a blonde haired warrior, Conan type character, with a longsword, who is also his rival. 

13 minutes ago, musicboy said:

Yeah. That's the same thing I noticed, when I saw first read those comics.

But the other funny thing is, there is a blonde haired warrior, Conan type character, with a longsword, who is also his rival. 

That's cool.  Glad you're enjoying them.  I'll probably check them out in the near future.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 11:35 PM, MDCFAN101 said:

That's cool.  Glad you're enjoying them.  I'll probably check them out in the near future.

Yeah, thanks dude.:smile:

And yeah, I highly recommend that you check them out, whenever you have time. They are really fun to read.:smile:

Edited by musicboy

Alright! I plan on buying, some 80's Groo and TinTin comics soon. Hopefully, the book stores here, still have some in stock. And they are in good condition too.

Edited by musicboy

On 4/15/2019 at 6:14 PM, MoraMoria said:

Those are some retro comics, I didn't know about the existence of "Groo, The Wanderer", until you mentioned it.

Yeah, no surprise. There are alot of comics and video games, that people have not heard about, or unfortunately, have been forgotten.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:49 AM, musicboy said:

Yeah, no surprise. There are alot of comics and video games, that people have not heard about, or unfortunately, have been forgotten.

That's true, and I think I've read and looked at some obscure comics and books from other countries, that would not be possible to find in the Internet anymore, or even get physical copies of them.

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 10:54 AM, MoraMoria said:

That's true, and I think I've read and looked at some obscure comics and books from other countries, that would not be possible to find in the Internet anymore, or even get physical copies of them.

Yep. And because they are super rare, people will sometimes sell them, for ridiculously high prices.

Edited by musicboy

11 minutes ago, musicboy said:

Yep. And because they are super rare, people will sometimes sell them, for ridiculously high prices.

Yeah, although I'm not sure about comics. They would have to be extra-rare to have a significant value.

As for the books, not only they need to be rare, but also there must be some demand for it, whether because of their historical importance, to whom it belonged to, condition, the book edition... I've had access to some rare weird books, but were not worth a lot.

On 5/8/2019 at 5:13 PM, MoraMoria said:

Yeah, although I'm not sure about comics. They would have to be extra-rare to have a significant value.

As for the books, not only they need to be rare, but also there must be some demand for it, whether because of their historical importance, to whom it belonged to, condition, the book edition...

Yep. But I heard in the US, there are comic book auctions, for old rare comics. And some of them sell, for about $4000 plus dollars sometimes. I know that there are some, older comic book fans out there, that will pay that amount of money for a comic. It must be alot fun for them, hunting around, for rare old comics.:smile:

On 5/8/2019 at 5:13 PM, MoraMoria said:

I've had access to some rare weird books, but were not worth a lot.

It's possible, it might be worth something to a few people. Probably more. And as the old people say, "One mans trash, is another man's treasure.":tongue:

Edited by musicboy