The King of Hate Forums
FloydMayweather

Easy way for DSP to make money

Seems like detractors give DSP money (which I will never understand) why not do a Jackbox event where each person has to donate $50-100 dollars, wouldn't surprise me at all if it's all trolls/detractors. 

Easy money, sure you'll get attacked with negative stuff but some nice chunk of change there.

Edited by FloydMayweather

Phil would never let this come to pass. Plus there really isnt a point when apparently there is a disgruntled rouge stream chat moderator that is unbanning troll cheerer's now.

On 1/31/2019 at 4:41 PM, Caboose said:

Phil would never let this come to pass. Plus there really isnt a point when apparently there is a disgruntled rouge stream chat moderator that is unbanning troll cheerer's now.

Who?

Detractors in 2019. lmao

Dude is still active on youtube and Twitch after years of attacks, why are you still wasting your time?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Detractors in 2019. lmao

Dude is still active on youtube and Twitch after years of attacks, why are you still wasting your time?

Only problem is Tevin who has been making hundreds in tips from just commentating over DSPs streams.

7 hours ago, Caboose said:

Only problem is Tevin who has been making hundreds in tips from just commentating over DSPs streams.

Well, that poison won't buy itself ya know. 

On 1/30/2019 at 12:01 AM, FloydMayweather said:

Make tip/cheer based polls (people vote by cheering/tipping) on what games to play, what events to do...

Have a tip/cheer/sub goal to play on hard difficulty.

Have a tip poll/goal to do certain stuff and choices in a game.

Have a tip/sub goal to play a certain game.

Tip goals/polls to replay some fan favorite games.

Have a high tip/sub goal for games you don't want to touch but people want to see, like WOW, MMORPGs, LOL, Starcraft, CSGO.

If people are bored of a game, have a goal to switch to a popular game (like DS) on the fly.

Trolls love giving you money, have high goals to play games (like WOW) where you can get easily trolled or stream sniped.

Have events where donations determine what you do on stream, like you dab for every $5 :)

Have a patreon perk that makes you play a game the patron chooses for at least one stream.

A patreon perk that makes you play a game with the patron.

Have patreon goals (based on how much money you receive from patreon) to play certain games, do events...

Have patreon polls where the money they spend = votes they have.

In short: give people something in return or something they want to see for the money

When you had the sub goal for a new retrospective event someone instantly gifted the subs. When you had the $200 tip goal it wasn't so great, because there was no reward. 

What would be really cool: Some streamers have sub gifting events. Like when they win in Apex they'll gift some subs. It's just a nice cool thing to do and it attracts new viewers. It sucks how sub gifters gift subs to random people who never use the chat. So you could gift subs to people in chat. And people would like you more.

Edited by dsfan324
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

What would be really cool: Some streamers have sub gifting events. Like when they win in Apex they'll gift some subs. It's just a nice cool thing to do and it attracts new viewers.

Hey, that's a great idea!:biggrin:

Edited by musicboy
  • Upvote 1

On 2/4/2019 at 4:25 AM, Caboose said:

Let's be real. That's because people watching Tevin are banned (or would be banned) from DSP's chat. They are not going to support someone who banned them. They want to watch Phil, but they don't want to give him views and money, because they are banned and can't have fun in chat.

If people wouldn't get banned, if they could have fun and do and say what they want in chat, then Phil would be getting those views and tips Tevin is receiving. Tevin just provides a service that Phil doesn't, it's just how business works. If Phil would be making compilation videos like the trolls do, then he would be getting those views.

Currently most people who learn about DSP do it from the troll videos. Now when they go to his twitch they will use troll memes and they get banned. And they become detractors. And so the circle continues. :sad:

Edited by dsfan324

If I'm not mistaken, some of these people who would be considered 'detractors' and 'trolls', crtiticize some of Phil's fans because they donate money and support him, a content creator that they like. However they themselves, (some of them), donate money and support content creators that they like, but this is acceptable in their eyes. It is a double standard.

And it is clear that is a double standard, because if their argument is that they just disagree with the taste/preference of Phil's fans, they wouldn't make irrational claims like faulty generalizations and insult all of them, just because they differ with who they choose to watch. This is not disagreement, this is contempt, based solely on subjective taste, which makes it a double standard.

Which makes me think that they just want to unload their hatred that they accumulate during the day, and do it while they think that it is justified, because in their minds they are morally and intellectually superior. It's like they forgot that they're just people with different preferences to other people, and the topic is videogames/gamers. I'd assume this is not the case for the majority, but some of them seem to think in such a way.

I just wonder, if they would meet in real life, how many 'detractors' would actually dislike other 'detractors', and instead be friends with some of Phil's fans.

4 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I just wonder, if they would meet in real life, how many 'detractors' would actually dislike other 'detractors', and instead be friends with some of Phil's fans.

That is a good point. Inb4 "how many of DSP's fans would dislike each other and be friends with 'detractors' "

19 hours ago, VashBash said:

If I could get a solid answer to what Phil's plan was for solving his tax issue, I would donate. Just last year he needed $10,000. He made that and is in deeper tax debt now owing over $20,000. Whats stopping him to owe $40,000 next year? The more money he makes, the more tax problems he has. I don't see how throwing more money into the situation is going to help anything. Thats just my opinion though.

I have the impression Phil is bad with finances. We know he paid for stupid overpriced stuff he doesn't need. I hope he solves his problems because the "begging" really hurts his image, gives trolls easy material, and might put off his fans in the long run. And it relies too much on one guy (tut, emerald) who donates him thousands.

Instead of paying some tax attorney, for stuff he can do by himself, he should get a finance coach.

(I still don't understand how selling the condo would lose him money. If it's about paying taxes from the sale he can just invest the money into something new. Maybe someone should make a thread to help with his finances.)

Edited by dsfan324

These are my suggestions. I have seen Phil for several years and I like what he does. It should not be taken as a criticism but as an improvement.

Patreon:

First of all, he should remove  $ 50 perk because it hardly brings people to his patreon because now all his goals are based on his Twitch channel performance. His goal should be to bring more patrons to patreon and that can only work if he asks less. How should that go ? His Get INTERACTIVE With My Content! should only cost 1 dollar. Why because he wins many fans.  It carries a risk that he gets trolls but that is not relevant. Even with a large number of his trolls he would have had more of it. His second goal Get Even MORE Recognition! would be possible with 5 dollars. The difference between these two perks would be that with 1 dollar each game can be mentioned while with 5 dollars a certain number of the play and they are rated according to interest. This should be his basic perks.

His special perks would be following for 10 dollar for Ask the King where he produce special segment and priority section to submit their questions in this forum. For 20 Dollars he could do some reaction and reviews for games or movies but without music and any scenes to get no problems. A special feature would be a support perk for 50 dollars to make it would be used for new software, new pc and support for his house. It should only choose a familiar person like 5 to 10 people of this perk which phil himself choose.

Twitch and Youtube:

Twitch:

Many things have already been mentioned from dsfan324. My thoughts would be the following. First, lower your cheers to 10 Bit but only on certain days such as chill event. That increases spam by trolls but you would get a lot with big ones? Phil can limit what bits show on screen and is seen by the chat on screen. For special or new games increase this to 150 or 200 bits and not to 25 bits. As a result, Phil is not trolled. As Tipping, he can decide for himself how he does it. It would make sense to start with an amount of 1 or 2 dollars from the beginning and should only go to 20 dollars. Greater sums of money would be more rewarding at special events such as supporting his house.

Youtube:

I thought youtube would be his archive channel. Here it would be useful to turn on comments but only with compromise for the first uploaded video. It would be helpful that Phil separated the streams apart, Youtube for reviews and reactions and Twitch for games and special events.

These are my ideas. Maybe you have better suggestions?

The bottom line is. Give people options to influence your streams and content (with polls and goals) to their liking by paying for it.  :cool:

Just had an idea. Have a goal to get Facerig and make yourself an anime girl for an event. You could also get a voice changer to sound like a girl.

images.jpg

• Like 1

On 3/3/2019 at 4:16 AM, dsfan324 said:

Just had an idea. Have a goal to get Facerig and make yourself an anime girl for an event. You could also get a voice changer to sound like a girl.

images.jpg

Hey. Who's that anime girl in the pic?

When you think about it. If @Phil needs lots of extra money that badly, why not also put extra effort into it? Why not do something interesting, people want to see, for the money?

What did we have:

• An indie marathon with uninteresting games suggested by patrons. With the awful shit I Wanna Be the Guy, that only a troll would suggest. Then he didn't even play the one game people actually wanted to see, Stardew Valley.
  •  Small sub goal for a next retrospective event, that was reached quickly. No other sub goals so far.
  • $200 tip goal with to reward.
  • A next fund raiser marathon , that will be just a long and slow 12 hours Minecraft-like normal stream with nothing special.

Where are the reasons for people to pay extra money? If someone else does a fund raiser it's for charity and people donate because they get a good feeling to donate for a good cause and for fun. Even if people can suggest games for the fund raiser marathon, it can only be slow games he already played. So any interesting games are out of the question.

Edited by dsfan324

10 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

Why not do something interesting, people want to see, for the money?

There were a good handful of people, who wanted to tip him big, if he played Street Fighter 5. Some were even willing to donate/tip him, $100 to $200, if he played it.

I think if SF5, were a more exciting game, he would have been more than willing, to play it though.

Edited by musicboy

5 hours ago, EnergyBlanket said:

taking advantage of the mentally ill and the emotionally compromised

So how should he take advantage of the detractors to make money? 

Phil can try crowdfunding like Kickstarter, GoFundMe, IndieGoGo as a last resort.

Just have some cool merch as rewards.

How this works is you are just selling your merch (usually t-shirts) through a crowdfunding platform. It basically works like an online store. Where people buy your merch and feel good about supporting your cause. It's like a charity sale.

Edited by dsfan324