The King of Hate Forums
FloydMayweather

Easy way for DSP to make money

14 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

That's just the Shizuku facerig, not the mascot. As far as I know, there's a hundred of them if you browse their website.

It's the anime girl they used to promote Facerig and people associate her with Facerig, so basically a mascot.

This may sound like a horrible idea, but it can help over time.

On 3/2/2019 at 12:07 PM, Sergio29 said:

First of all, he should remove  $ 50 perk because it hardly brings people to his patreon because now all his goals are based on his Twitch channel performance. His goal should be to bring more patrons to patreon and that can only work if he asks less. How should that go ? His Get INTERACTIVE With My Content! should only cost 1 dollar. Why because he wins many fans.  It carries a risk that he gets trolls but that is not relevant. Even with a large number of his trolls he would have had more of it. His second goal Get Even MORE Recognition! would be possible with 5 dollars. The difference between these two perks would be that with 1 dollar each game can be mentioned while with 5 dollars a certain number of the play and they are rated according to interest. This should be his basic perks.

I think he should remove his Patreon as a whole because now he's doing goals on Twitch instead of Patreon. So what exactly is the point of pledging on Patreon if barely (or even worse, none) of the goals are being delivered? Ask the king questions are usually answered from the stream chat anyway. For those that want to donate to DSP monthly are gonna have to be subbed to the channel, which is a good thing because he can get better support from Twitch. 

On 3/2/2019 at 12:07 PM, Sergio29 said:

I thought youtube would be his archive channel. Here it would be useful to turn on comments but only with compromise for the first uploaded video. It would be helpful that Phil separated the streams apart, Youtube for reviews and reactions and Twitch for games and special events.

This is a great idea! Use YouTube only for reviews such as DSP tries it, etc. 

• Upvote 1

Hm, which games you never heard of. That would be interesting if Phil watch crowdfunding games like Kickstarter in his Stream. Many games would be financed there.

Here are my ideas of how he can generate more income:

Patreon:

1) Bring back the $1250 ( or whatever amount ) monthly goal for the promise of doing something.  What sort of things you ask?

Patron only content as in videos posted Only on the Patreon Page that are locked behind donations of a certain amount.  I would suggest $5 being a reasonable donation for being able to access said videos.  'The Detractors will pledge to gain access and then post the videos on YT!' you say?  What will it matter, I counter!  $1250 will have already been received prior to the video being made. Additionally, $1250 is WAY more than a single video will ever earn on YT I gather from the information being given.  $1250 to make an episode of Cooking with the King.  $1250 for making an episode of DSP Tries It.  People clamor for these videos.  Let them put their money where their mouth is.  Goal not reached?  Nothing lost, but money gained from Patrons who pledged to try and see it reached.  Maybe next month those who want to see the goal reached will pledge more or new Patrons will pledge to see the goal reached.  'Don't know anything to cook/don't eat Fast Food anymore' you say?  Make Turkey burgers, the stir fry shown on Instagram or fajitas to start.  New, simple recipes can always be learned.  It's not like the old Cooking with the King episodes were of complicated, gourmet meals.  Doesn't need to be Fast Food.  'Try' Chinese Take-out, order a pizza, film a meal at a restaurant  (which is commonplace now, so no one is going to bat an eye at this being done.)  $1250 should more than cover the cost of any meal eaten out and meals cooked at home were going to be cooked anyway so that is Zero added expenditure and 100% profit.  Don't want to lose potential 'passive YT money' generated from old videos?  Switch them from Unlisted to Public six months to a year later that folks watching a play list could view them.  Problem solved!   

2) Exclusive Patron only Merch.  'Detractors will pledge to access the Patron only store and reveal the link!' you say?  What does it matter?  Anyone buying said merch is still BUYING said merch. Again, nothing lost and potential two fold profit gained.   

3) Ditch the 'Viewer's choice Playthrough'.

Twitch viewers are going to watch the stream  where they will cheer/tip regardless of the game being played.  Having the nominations and voting behind a Patron pay wall generates additional funds as I'm relatively confident that Patrons are Twitch subscribers anyway.  Twitch viewers unhappy about this?  Well, there is nothing stopping them from donating to the Patreon and having their voice heard.  Taking this 'power' away from those donating to the Patreon, however, leaves less of an incentive to donate to Patreon as well as Sub to the Twitch channel.  Thus halving a potential income stream if all one has to do is Sub to Twitch.  'But Patron nominations get priority!' you say?  Who cares when Twitch viewer nominations are to be placed on the list as well, what a few spaces below Patron ones?  They are still on the list with no additional monetary contribution given. 

YT/Twitch channel

I am seriously confused as to why this hasn't been already been done, but it's well past time to sit down and put his 'Continuous Improvement Training' to some use.   Will it demand an investment of time after the streams are over? Yes.  Will it generate better results than asking random people on the internet what they think he should do? I should certainly hope so as it is a tried and true improvement system used by countless Companies.  Additionally, random people on the internet do not have all the facts, figures and analytic data he has at his disposal.  As both a YT and Twitch partner, I am sure he has access to market data the causal viewer is not party to.  Thus, placing him in a better situation to plug all this information into a Continuous Improvement model and generate solutions for meaningful, positive changes. 

Edited by ElectricSheepDreams
correcting spelling mistakes spell check missed as while they were 'real words' they were not the correct ones.

2 minutes ago, babymangming456 said:

Wouldn't it be more efficient to lock events behind tip goals? Tips help him the most.

All of the extra subs are gifted. That makes him lose 50% of the money.

Yep. I think this has always made the most sense too. Do a total tips goal amount for the month and steadily increase it.

Isn't buying games for marathons that he will play for 1 hour just a waste of money? Especially when his main fanbase doesn't care what they watch.

Why buy WOW classic when normal WOW is free?

Why buy Morrowind if he won't continue it?

Same about buying new games. He wouldn't do any research then complain about wasting his money. Though nowadays he's more cautions about new games.

Someone told Phil you can play lots of cheap games on PC and Phil expressed interest in playing indie games on PC.

If he wanted he could ask the devs to give him free codes to save some money.

He could also ask publishers to give him free codes for mainstream games. Like Code Vein. It doesn't hurt to try.

Also complained that he doesn't want to play on PC because it's uncomfortable and too much hassle. But he can play PC games with a controller and on TV if he really needs it so much.

here is an idea the fucking bum can get a job but nay that means he have to leave his fucking safety bubble at home to do that. he was pissed off when khat told him to make phone calls and whined about not having time to do that. what a fucking lazy ass.

• Like 1

Stop giving phil money advice... he went to college and knows everything he needs to about business and runs it well.  Not his fault that all these crazy things out of his control keep happening.  The best way to help him is to tip him directly on stream... try doing that first before coming here and complaining.

On 10/7/2019 at 11:38 PM, patchy said:

Stop giving phil money advice... he went to college and knows everything he needs to about business and runs it well.  Not his fault that all these crazy things out of his control keep happening.  The best way to help him is to tip him directly on stream... try doing that first before coming here and complaining.

Couldn't have said it better myself :biggrin: hes done this longer than some of the people complaining have been alive lol

On 10/8/2019 at 12:38 AM, patchy said:

Amongst the posted advice, there are a few that relate to Patreon that he could take into consideration.

On 10/9/2019 at 3:21 PM, masterxeon2002 said:

Couldn't have said it better myself :biggrin: hes done this longer than some of the people complaining have been alive lol

First off, no, he's only been doing this for 10 years. No 9 year olds are complaining about Phil. Second, he's now at a point where he doesn't know if he can afford the new games coming out. You can't keep acting like there's absolutely nothing he could do to try to turn things around. Fans like you are part of the problem, honestly.

Edited by Puggy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Puggy said:

First off, no, he's only been doing this for 10 years. No 9 year olds are complaining about Phil. Second, he's now at a point where he doesn't know if he can afford the new games coming out. You can't keep acting like there's absolutely nothing he could do to try to turn things around. Fans like you are part of the problem, honestly.

In all fairness most have the grammar of a 9 year old.

So what should it matter? Haha

1 hour ago, Puggy said:

Phil started doing YouTube in 2008 and its currently 2019, but I wouldn't expect someone with the mental capacity of a 5th grader to be able to figure that out lol

https://www.online-calculator.com/

2019-2008=11

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, WorthIts said:

In all fairness most have the grammar of a 9 year old.

So what should it matter? Haha

24 minutes ago, masterxeon2002 said:

Phil started doing YouTube in 2008 and its currently 2019, but I wouldn't expect someone with the mental capacity of a 5th grader to be able to figure that out lol

https://www.online-calculator.com/

2019-2008=11

How about instead of insulting others or criticizing me for not counting the year Phil wasn't doing this for a living you understand that Phil is in the worst situation of his career and doing nothing won't get him out of it? This is what I mean when I say you're part of the problem.

2 minutes ago, Puggy said:

How about instead of insulting others or criticizing me for not counting the year Phil wasn't doing this for a living you understand that Phil is in the worst situation of his career and doing nothing won't get him out of it? This is what I mean when I say you're part of the problem.

This is what your kind have been saying every year since 2013, if Phil was in such a bad situation he couldn't keep doing this for a job lol This is what I mean when I say you have no concept of how the real world works. :)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, masterxeon2002 said:

This is what your kind have been saying every year since 2013, if Phil was in such a bad situation he couldn't keep doing this for a job lol This is what I mean when I say you have no concept of how the real world works. :)

Are you trying to say that Phil is lying about his financial situation?

Are you trying to call Phil a scammer?