The King of Hate Forums
dsfan324

Twitch prestream and chat rules problems

New people always have problem with the long 1h prestreams and ask when the game starts: put up a 1h countdown/timer saying this is a prestream, the gameplay starts in xxxx

The chat rules are too vague. People are getting banned for stuff that's not mentioned anywhere (wheelchair emote) or for things only mentioned on the prestreams which new people miss.

Edited by dsfan324
  • Like 1

You set up a bot on twitch that permabans you for saying "it's the guy", are you out of your mind?

You get permabanned by a fucking bot for posting a generic innocent phrase that isn't listed anywhere, what's wrong with you?

This is seriously fucked up.

You have such big problems with this generic phrase that you need to automatically permaban anyone saying it? But can't have the decency to list banned things anywhere?

• Like 1

Banned phrases definitely need to be listed especially for things that are so vague/innocuous with decent potential to be part of normal speech.

"Who is Pewdiepie?"

"It's the guy that has a bajillion Youtube subs." Banned.

I'd agree that more detailed rules is necessary too.. for example

image.png.11e727651715d2a77c0b57fc0e9eec1d.png

The last rule here is hardly ever enforced, and it's enforced selectively... people talk about detractors all the time in chat without so much as a warning, DSP brings them up on stream at times himself. But sometimes someone brings a detractor or detractor video up at the wrong time and they're permabanned right away. A lot of bans handed out in chat aren't for breaking the rules listed here, it's for breaking unwritten ones. OFC someone who shows up in chat with a name that insults Phil or his wife should be banned, but it almost seems like the moderators' stances change by the minute on stream and too many things are painted with a broad brush.

Is there any evidence or confirmation about the claim that the sentence: "it's the guy" is automatically banned?

I just checked, out of curiosity, and there were some people saying that without getting banned.

TheGuy.png

Um, I don't set up the auto ban words. They're set up by top mods who work with all other mods to determine what is the most highly caused spam phrases, insults etc. and those are added to the bot. Nobody is complaining about this except people who spam detractor memes regularly. Everyone else gets quickly unbanned if it was a mistake.

You're making an issue where none exists except for people who actually want to cause trouble. So, good job on revealing your intentions, I guess?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Um, I don't set up the auto ban words. They're set up by top mods who work with all other mods to determine what is the most highly caused spam phrases, insults etc.

I know where "it's the guy" came from and though it is a "detractor meme", who the hell is in an uproar over seeing that phrase in chat?

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Nobody is complaining about this except people who spam detractor memes regularly. Everyone else gets quickly unbanned if it was a mistake.

Many many people are complaining about this and if you don't see it, its because they've been instantly blocked. Can't say detractor shit, bring up any past insults/drama at any time or be permanently banned instantly. Don't criticize any gameplay or be banned and probably insulted. Don't complain about mods/Phil or be moderated. Don't spam emotes (unless they're your paid emotes....which makes no sense.) or be permanently banned. Dont mention other streamers or even have a name related to a streamer. Don't even talk about other topics outside of Phil's gameplay on certain streams or be warned and then moderated.

Oh btw, some of the members and mods can break any one of these rules and nothing happens. Complain and be banned.

So what is there left to do? Agree with everything you're doing and pat you on the back the whole stream? Tip? Sub? Cheer?

Anybody thats spent alot of time in your stream chat knows those are the REAL rules + anything that gets you upset that stream. This rule sheet heavily ommits much of that:

832122804_Screenshot_2019-04-22-00-23-522.thumb.png.9931672dedbf5b4453c64821fa913fde.png

You have to keep up to date with most of the drama, not get sucked up into any undercover conversations, avoid every rule I typed above, and realize you are guilty until proven innocent until you get a Sub or Bit badge next to your name. I recommend dont even talk until you get one. Brand new viewers who stumble into your stream dont have a shot in hell.

Ban happy mods, the ever "evolving" rules, your inability to take a joke or any criticism, and the pure intensity at executing bans (to the point your laptop mysteriously locks up or you perform a "lean-in ban" maneuver) makes your chat one of the most unenjoyable streamchats on the entire site. Im certain this will be deleted and banned without any reply. Not because im being insulting at all, but because you can't rebut anything im saying. Hope at least an ounce sticks to you and is deemed qualified for at least some thought over, but given your history with realizations and suggestions, it won't.

Thanks.

Edited by LabRatAttack
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, LabRatAttack said:

perform a "lean-in ban" maneuver

Well GG for proving his point correct.

Just keep getting banned and create new accounts so you can suck his dick and give him more money rather than just go watch someone else, not like there's a thousand other streamers on Twitch with more lenient rules.

17 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Well GG for proving his point correct.

What point? He recently adopted that detractor meme. Thats more "scathing" then the "its the guy" meme because he denied it for a very long time. So, thanks for proving you don't even watch DSP and dont belong here.

17 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Just keep getting banned and create new accounts so you can suck his dick and give him more money rather than just go watch someone else, not like there's a thousand other streamers on Twitch with more lenient rules.

Not "sucking dick" or any other accounts, you have no idea what I donated or if I donated at all, and I do watch and participate in other streams. 

Congrats, your comment is now completely worthless and a waste of time.

Okay.

Edited by LabRatAttack
  • Upvote 1

So there's no issue setting up a generic phrase on auto ban? Most people don't have problem with this because after they get banned for minimal issues they stop coming to the stream. Once you ban someone you usually lose them permanently.

Since it happened during PW stream where the only mod was the HD guy (KingOfGahlfHD) I guess he was fucking with nighbot and set it to permaban everyone. I wouldn't call him a top mod since he acted like an idiot in chat and cried how people should stop spamming even long after there was no spam. Also doesn't he say stuff how he wants to kill all furries, not something a top mod should be doing. And I think he was also there during the b-day marathon where moderation was a complete shitfest and mods fucked with the chat badly.

During DKC3 nighbot was also banning lots of people.

How can no one see a problem to set a fucking bot to permaban people? Especially when the criteria for a ban are the dumbest shit. 

I guess the HD guy couldn't give a fuck and just set nighbot to ban everyone so he doesn't need to bother with anything.

12 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Is there any evidence or confirmation about the claim that the sentence: "it's the guy" is automatically banned?

Yes, it's me. Maybe it only triggers when you write only the phrase or when a stupid mod sets nighbot to ban everything. Phil said "this is the guy?..." during PW and I replied "it's the guy", boom auto permaban.

("its" "thats" doesn't work)

Edited by dsfan324

So why did you post a detractor meme in chat? What did you hope to achieve by doing so? And why are you opening a thread here about it instead of talking to Phil or a mod privately you didn't need to publicly announce this.

26 minutes ago, masterxeon2002 said:

So why did you post a detractor meme in chat? What did you hope to achieve by doing so? And why are you opening a thread here about it instead of talking to Phil or a mod privately you didn't need to publicly announce this.

Why are you posting this stupid comment, what did you hope to achieve by doing so? Are you so stupid you think everything is a detractor meme? Are you so stupid you think everything once used by some detractor should result in auto permaban by a bot? Are you so stupid you think saying a generic non insulting phrase should result in bans? Are you so stupid to not realize why fucked up shit like this should be publicly announced?

Edited by dsfan324

Bots are there to be used for moderation so yes you will get banned if you post known detractor memes in chat.

There is only 1 person here banned for their stupid posts.

Please, think before you post.

5 minutes ago, masterxeon2002 said:

Bots are there to be used for moderation so yes you will get banned if you post known detractor memes in chat.

There is only 1 person here banned for their stupid posts.

Please, think before you post.

You seriously would need some sort of brain damage to actually defend this.

The main issue is putting permabans in the hands of a stupid bot when time outs would be perfectly fine. And then have stupid random shit result in bans.

An actual troll would just make new accounts and keep trolling, this crap will only affect random people.

10 minutes ago, masterxeon2002 said:

Actual people with perfectly functioning brains can appeal their bans privately and choose not to discuss it on a public forum.

"Don't discuss a critical issue on the relevant forum"

"Don't discuss the things lots of people are complaining about"

Let me guess you are another guy who doesn't even watch DSP and just posts dumb shit on the forum.

13 minutes ago, masterxeon2002 said:

A public forum is never the correct place for ban appeals.

No one is appealing a ban you stupid troll.

I like how you didn't deny that you don't even watch DSP. It's painfully obvious from your posts. You are only here to post stupid crap and troll like the other guys.

"You could like. Not get banned. lol"  - someone writing this definitely isn't right in the head.

I'm a long time DSP fan dating back to his Fallout 3 playthrough (like a lot of other people), I wouldn't expect a 2 month old account to know who I am though.

You continue shooting holes in your sinking ship of a thread then that's on you buddy I'm out.

KingOfGahlfHD...do you realize you have a mod whose nickname is a detractor meme?

That's not a problem? Well seeing as it's not a problem using a dumb bot to permaban people for innocent stuff...

But it's strange when people get instantly banned for a bit trollish names (like omnipotentlamb) even if they don't do anything wrong.

D4jUnhPW0AAESiG.png.5bebe31ec27207b0689d1960be8a7b76.png

just WOW, nothing wrong with this...

"it's the guy" is apparently a detractor meme that gets you banned but didn't Phil say he doesn't care what's a detractor meme?

A detractor meme somehow no detractor or anyone else ever uses but it apparently grants an automatic permaban by a bot if you write it even accidentally. It's apparently so bad that a bot has full right to permaban people if they ever dare to post it.

If people actually wanted to troll you it's easy to bypass the bot, just post "its the guy", "it_s the guy" and other variations. With these stupid banning sprees you and mods are only doing more damage than detractors could ever hope for.

Edited by dsfan324
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

KingOfGahlfHD...do you realize you have a mod whose nickname is a detractor meme?

Perfect example of something I said earlier.

6 hours ago, LabRatAttack said:

Oh btw, some of the members and mods can break any one of these rules and nothing happens. Complain and be banned.

• Upvote 1

The thing is you can set up the bot to simply not post your comment if it contains banned words.

Like it's set up for not posting "furry" for whatever reason. (which still doesn't stop the mod from whining about killing all furries)

So setting up certain innocent words to grant a permaban without any warning whatsoever is insane.

You have an anti spam bot, why not set it up to clean spam without permabanning everyone and without letting mods run amok?

https://docs.nightbot.tv/commands/filters

Just lower the amount of emotes and let the people be timed out.

Btw. there are idiots who keep spamming nighbot commands which is much more annoying than emote spam since the commands result in walls of text. But I never see this being addressed or those people getting warnings.

Edited by dsfan324

3 hours ago, masterxeon2002 said:

You continue shooting holes in your sinking ship of a thread then that's on you buddy I'm out.

To use your own analogy in a way, I think your argument sunk before it even had a chance to sail. This thread has nothing to do with his personal banishment. Its about streamchat rules in general.

4 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

You are only here to post stupid crap and troll like the other guys.

"The other guys"? I cannot possibly imagine who you're referring to, so, who are these, if I may ask?

Suspicious.gif

19 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

"The other guys"? I cannot possibly imagine who you're referring to, so, who are these, if I may ask?

Don't worry it's not you. There's no need to mention them, they have no connection with this case.