The King of Hate Forums
dsfan324

Twitch prestream and chat rules problems

@Phil sorry I have to say this but KingofGahlfHD is such a goddamn retard. You should seriously reconsider having that guy as a mod. If he's not a troll then he seriously has problems. You think someone legit would have a detractor meme as his name?

Edited by dsfan324

3 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

@Phil sorry I have to say this but KingofGahlfHD is such a goddamn retard. You should seriously reconsider having that guy as a mod. If he's not a troll then he seriously has problems. You think someone legit would have a detractor meme as his name?

Oh, I thought you made a sarcastic comment in the other thread: "Yes, everything is a detractor meme, no fun allowed.", and posted some 'meme' emotes. I don't know about the first 3 things you say, but you can't question his/her name, specially when other moderators had 'meme' names, and was acceptable.

And it might help if you say the reasons why you think he/she is a bad 'mod', maybe you can even give specific constructive criticism so that Phil knows exactly what's going on, and tells "KingofGahlfHD".

6 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

Many of the chat moderators are dumbasses. I wont name names, and a few are really cool, but a select few are straight idiots. They suck up and donate enough to catch Phil's attention and then once anointed they act all high and mighty like they achieved their life goal. I dont even talk in the chat, ill end up cussing one out and give them that small satisfaction of power from banning me in their suck ass life.

Im not talking about all moderators. But the ones im talking about, everybody knows.

/rant :kappa.... But not really :kappa.

On 5/10/2019 at 5:10 PM, MoraMoria said:

Oh, I thought you made a sarcastic comment in the other thread: "Yes, everything is a detractor meme, no fun allowed.", and posted some 'meme' emotes. I don't know about the first 3 things you say, but you can't question his/her name, specially when other moderators had 'meme' names, and was acceptable.

And it might help if you say the reasons why you think he/she is a bad 'mod', maybe you can even give specific constructive criticism so that Phil knows exactly what's going on, and tells "KingofGahlfHD".

1) It would be beneficial to both the streamer and the stream chat to curtail moderators from inserting their personal bias toward alternate lifestyle choices into their moderation of the community up to and including openly espousing said bias in the stream chat, insulting, degrading or banning community members who fall into this personal bias.

2) It would make for a more welcoming atmosphere in the stream chat if moderators refrain from crowing about the number of Bans they had executed during a stream and/or commenting on their level of excitement regarding the prospect of the number of people they hope to have the opportunity to Ban during a stream.

3) It would better serve to grow the stream community if moderators refrain from instigating behaviors for the sole purpose of enacting Bans.

4) Stream chat Rules ( ...and 'detractor meme' chat names real or imagined* ) should be moderated equally regardless of attendance time logged in the chat, the presence or lack of 'badges' if the chat is to indeed not be seen as having 'A Good Old Boys Club'.  

* I'll go specific on this one as a new viewer was asked to change their name as it was perceived to be a 'detractor meme name' even though the new viewer stated it had been based off of a game.  Moderators should not be immune to being asked to change their names if they have chosen to take on 'detractor meme' monikers.

Edited by ElectricSheepDreams
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ElectricSheepDreams said:

It would be beneficial to both the streamer and the stream chat to curtail moderators from inserting their personal bias toward alternate lifestyle choices into their moderation of the community up to and including openly espousing said bias in the stream chat, insulting, degrading or banning community members who fall into this personal bias.

I'm not entirely sure about what you're talking here, which specific 'alternate lifestyle choices' are you referring to?

Also, have you seen a moderator clearly insulting a viewer? I know that someone likes to overuse the word 'cuck', but one of their statements implied that they don't mean it as an insult.

21 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I'm not entirely sure about what you're talking here, which specific 'alternate lifestyle choices' are you referring to?

Also, have you seen a moderator clearly insulting a viewer? I know that someone likes to overuse the word 'cuck', but one of their statements implied that they don't mean it as an insult.

My post contains the constructive criticism I have to offer.  The answers to your questions are located in the chat logs.

Edited by ElectricSheepDreams

1 hour ago, ElectricSheepDreams said:

The answers to your questions are located in the chat logs.

Oh well, I thought you could clarify which 'alternate lifestyle choices' you were referring to, to be more precise, but nevermind, I understand if you choose not to say it.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:25 PM, YoshoMan said:

Many of the chat moderators are dumbasses. I wont name names, and a few are really cool, but a select few are straight idiots. They suck up and donate enough to catch Phil's attention and then once anointed they act all high and mighty like they achieved their life goal. I dont even talk in the chat, ill end up cussing one out and give them that small satisfaction of power from banning me in their suck ass life.

Im not talking about all moderators. But the ones im talking about, everybody knows.

/rant :kappa.... But not really :kappa.

Off the top of my head, 4 of them are straight idiots and it seems like the case for them saying on is that they attend streams with better regularity. The ones that I think are better are actually in the chat less frequently on a regular basis. And there are many other issues as well ...

On 5/14/2019 at 3:58 AM, ElectricSheepDreams said:

1) It would be beneficial to both the streamer and the stream chat to curtail moderators from inserting their personal bias toward alternate lifestyle choices into their moderation of the community up to and including openly espousing said bias in the stream chat, insulting, degrading or banning community members who fall into this personal bias.

2) It would make for a more welcoming atmosphere in the stream chat if moderators refrain from crowing about the number of Bans they had executed during a stream and/or commenting on their level of excitement regarding the prospect of the number of people they hope to have the opportunity to Ban during a stream.

3) It would better serve to grow the stream community if moderators refrain from instigating behaviors for the sole purpose of enacting Bans.

4) Stream chat Rules ( ...and 'detractor meme' chat names real or imagined* ) should be moderated equally regardless of attendance time logged in the chat, the presence or lack of 'badges' if the chat is to indeed not be seen as having 'A Good Old Boys Club'.  

* I'll go specific on this one as a new viewer was asked to change their name as it was perceived to be a 'detractor meme name' even though the new viewer stated it had been based off of a game.  Moderators should not be immune to being asked to change their names if they have chosen to take on 'detractor meme' monikers.

So to tack something on to the end of this, it would be better for both Phil and the stream chat if Phil would not give the mods carte blanche. "Do not question" the mods is such an odd stance to take when he has:

1) had issues with mods behavior in the past

2) had to de-mod people for their actions

3) mods in current rotation who there are some problems with.

What would give the impression that giving someone with "power" freedom to do anything without being questioned is a good idea. Phil doesn't watch over his chat constantly so it is impossible to catch everything. Mods should be questioned, doubted, and held accountable when something dubious happens. It is always going to be an issue when you have people who are not allowed to be questioned.

Not to mention that recently a mod placed the chat in emote only mode to encourage the spam of frogs again (which was the issue I thought Phil had with them) and then another mod decided to ban and timeout people for going along with what the first mod was doing.

Great, madara_is_god is just gahlf2.0, just another power tripping psychopath.

No wonder the chat went to complete shit when these two were there together.

2 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

Great, madara_is_god is just gahlf2.0, just another power tripping psychopath.

No wonder the chat went to complete shit when these two were there together.

What exactly happened now? I thought Madara was a 'pro', the real deal, the alpha & the omega, slayer of trolls.

6 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

What exactly happened now? I thought Madara was a 'pro', the real deal, the alpha & the omega, slayer of trolls.

I was basically telling someone to cheer if they want their question to be answered. You know the thing Phil repeats every single day and everyone in the chat knows that you don't get an answer if you don't cheer.

Every time madara is in chat it's just a stream of <message deleted> if people say something even slightly negative or critical.

The irony is that there's a guy who constantly shits on Phil, makes fun of him and of him asking for money. But all the mods love him. But anyone saying something only half as bad gets banned.

Also madara became a mod for BadBunny, simply only as a status symbol because her chat doesn't need mods at all. But shortly after he got demodded. I can't imagine what an asshole someone has to be to get demodded by BadBunny and in a chat that has absolutely no problems and no needs to ban anyone.

6 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

The irony is that there's a guy who constantly shits on Phil, makes fun of him and of him asking for money. But all the mods love him. But anyone saying something only half as bad gets banned.

Then you could PM on Twitch a moderator to check said person's chat-logs, and if they're indeed breaking the rules, they should get moderated. I know you say that they love him or maybe 'turn their heads', but after reviewing unquestionable evidence, action should be taken.

And don't forget, a new 'mod' has been elected, "eternal_napalm", the new promise, hammer of justice, destroyer of trolls, etc.

Edited by MoraMoria

16 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Then you could PM on Twitch a moderator to check said person's chat-logs, and if they're indeed breaking the rules, they should get moderated. I know you say that they love him or maybe 'turn their heads', but after reviewing unquestionable evidence, action should be taken.

The guy who shits on Phil  is there for years. He got already banned multiple times by Phil but he's a big friend with mods. He always gets a sub gifted by a mod, maybe that's why he gets unbanned. All the mods know what he's doing, they don't need to check any chat logs. Not to mention there are still mods who send mod chat logs to the detractors, so much for mod loyalty.

Just now, dsfan324 said:

The guy who shits on Phil  is there for years. He got already banned multiple times by Phil but he's a big friend with mods. He always gets a sub gifted by a mod, maybe that's why he gets unbanned. All the mods know what he's doing, they don't need to check any chat logs. Not to mention there are still mods who send mod chat logs to the detractors, so much for mod loyalty.

Wau, that's a shame.

Just now, dsfan324 said:

Mentioning Badbunny in chat is now an instaban.

By Phil's rules, or by the mod's subjectivity? Because I've heard Phil say that, understandingly, he's not always paying attention to that, since he's focused on the stream.

34 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

By Phil's rules, or by the mod's subjectivity?

Ask him. But a mod said it's a banned word.

You know the listed rules are a joke and the real rule is: "we ban people if we feel like it".

It's easier to just ban people than interact with them and say what they are doing wrong.

4 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

It's easier to just ban people than interact with them and say what they are doing wrong.

Ideally, you'd get an explanation of the wrongdoing, but I'm guessing it could be because Phil already addressed the hypothetical collaboration, and talking about it again could be either considered 'spamming' or just 'trolling'. This is just my attempt at giving an explanation, though, but at the very least, you could ask to get unbanned, since it's not that bad. So if it's indeed a banned word, it would be because he already answered all of the 'collab' questions.

It's not worth it anymore.

I watched his old playthroughs on Youtube and thought it would be so much more fun watching him live on Twitch. Oh boy was that a mistake. The chat is a cancerous environment with no fun allowed, it's basically unusable besides for people cheering and asking the dumbest questions or trying to bait him into rants. And the borefests of games are not worth watching live anyway, especially not with that no fun environment.

I guess I'll go back to watch him on Youtube once he plays something interesting, which only happens like once per month.

The streams are in full "Youtube mode" anyway.

1 hour ago, dsfan324 said:

The chat is a cancerous environment with no fun allowed, it's basically unusable besides for people cheering and asking the dumbest questions or trying to bait him into rants.

Is this because moderators ban things that you think shouldn't be banned? Or is it because some people spam troll-ish things that don't get banned?

Is this because moderators ban things that you think shouldn't be banned?

Moderators and the streamer make the chat what it is.

Or is it because some people spam troll-ish things that don't get banned?

It's just one guy, he doesn't spam. He was still posting the things, just now, that would get anyone else banned. No, things that got other people banned while he was posting.

23 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

It's just one guy, he doesn't spam. He was still posting the things, just now, that would get anyone else banned. No, things that got other people banned while he was posting.

I think I've seen more people do that, at least other days, so I'm not sure who you're talking about. I guess you'll either have to trust the moderator's criteria, or show them the chat-logs, in case they missed it. (Although I know that your stance is that they didn't missed it, they just ignore it).

13 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

trust the moderator's criteria

please

Spoiler

underage people who pay $500+ to get a status symbol of power as a moderator and never interact with people in an intelligent way are sure trust worthy

@dsfan324

I'm not sure if I should ask, so you can ignore the questions if you want. You said that in your opinion, the chat was a no-fun zone, but there's only 1 person, (It's just one guy), saying troll things without getting banned, apart from bait-cheers. How do you personally have fun in the chat, (and what is preventing you from having that fun)? And what about the rest of the people who are there? There are those who're just there to genuinely enjoy the game & stream, I'd think.

@MoraMoria

27 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

How do you personally have fun in the chat

Just saying what you want without fearing about getting randomly banned (because it's on a list of a million unwritten rules or because someone feels like banning someone) would be enough.

25 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

And what about the rest of the people who are there? There are those who're just there to genuinely enjoy the game & stream, I'd think.

Most Twitch viewers don't care about what they watch, they just watch whoever, else the most boring streamers wouldn't be on top. Most of them don't even use chat or just post some brain dead things.