Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums

Twitch prestream and chat rules problems


Recommended Posts

I have some wishes regarding the chat which I will list below.

  1. Do a serious mod purge. Get rid of immature and power hungry mods who seem to cause issues inside and outside of Phil's streams. Situations where a moderator is insulting a chat user and continuing to lie about it to Phil should never occur. A situation like this recently occurred which completely derailed the stream, put Phil in an awkward position and forced Phil to take action quickly without knowing all the details.
  2. Recruit new mods who will handle chat responsibly and prevent Phil from having to stop the gameplay and deal with it himself.
  3. Stop getting so caught up with detractor memes. Obviously if a meme is a complete lie and it's made to harm Phil financially or otherwise then said meme should not be allowed. That being said, I believe making fun of things such as the way Phil pronounces words or having a laugh at phrases Phil may repeat a lot is not harmful at all and as long as Phil is able to laugh at himself, is all in good fun.
  4. Stop reacting to troll cheers, tips and messages in a way that makes people think they are getting to you. Asking trolls to stop trolling is like giving them a medal and saying "Congratulations, you got to me!".
  5. Get rid of bot perma-bans. Ideally the bot shouldn't punish anything at all and the moderators should keep the chat relatively detractor-free, however, if Phil must have bot moderation, replace the perma-bans with a timeout so that new chat users who maybe weren't aware or didn't realise a meme was bannable don't have to jump through hoops to get unbanned (a new chat user probably won't care enough to appeal and that is a potential dedicated fan lost).
  6. Allow chat to use more emotes (for example emotes like 'Pogchamp' in a scenario in which Phil does something impressive). To be honest I'm not sure if these are already allowed but I never see them in Phil's chat so I figured I'd leave this here.

Also... What even counts as derailing the stream? Does chat talking amongst each other and joking around unrelated to the stream count as derailing? If it does, it shouldn't. Chat should be a place for the users to hang out and enjoy the environment.

I'd really appreciate it if Phil could read this and take it all into account, so here's hoping he does!

Edited by jawmur
typo
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can easily tell if a mod is an idiot and shouldn't be allowed using a computer without supervision if they ban someone then write something stupid in the style of "lol I just banned you", "did you

Those are great points but sadly they will never be implimented. Ill address your points so maybe you can move accordingly in chat to avoid getting banned instantly. 1. Most of the mods fucking s

New people always have problem with the long 1h prestreams and ask when the game starts: put up a 1h countdown/timer saying this is a prestream, the gameplay starts in xxxx   The chat rules

Posted Images

11 hours ago, jawmur said:

Great points.

Those are great points but sadly they will never be implimented. Ill address your points so maybe you can move accordingly in chat to avoid getting banned instantly.

1. Most of the mods fucking suck. Period. Infinite_55 is cool but thats about it. All of them ascend to modship pending on how much they donate and how often they kiss ass. I know what im saying may be insulting to some, but c'mon. Its the fucking truth. Some of them end up being undercover detractors, some of them are power hungry losers, almost all of them are attention whores. How to combat them is not give them any attention. Don't talk to them. Don't acknowledge the stupid shit they say. Just follow the rules and ignore them. Phil has been told to demod these idiots 100x and he doesnt listen until they inevitably fuck up and leave.

2. Not gonna happen. Its just not. Even with mods Phil is always reading chat and will lean in manual ban anybody remotely talking shit, talking about another streamer, talking about something he doesn't want to talk about (even though he was just talking about it), anything. Thats just how he is.

3. Phil just went on a rant saying memes "kill" people while having sub emotes and selling merchandise that are memes of him. Some of them are even from detractors. My synopsis, if he isn't making money from it and its insulting in anyway (even if its true), memes are harmful and can apparently cause death. I don't know, im not an online personality, if something pisses me off on the internet I would think the best strategy would be to just log the fuck off. Thats just me though. Memes dont kill people, poor mental health can. As long as there are detractors, Phil will always get offended by the memes they create until he finds a way to monitize them.

4. 90% of every message he reads is a fucking bait question. Nearly every single question he gets is bait. There is a reason when he was playing CTR he gets 1300 viewers and then plays a brand new game and only gets 300 viewers. Most people only find Phil entertaining when he's pissed off, and nearly everybody speaking in chat is a borderline troll. 

5. I don't know why the hell the bot has permaban options. Its the only bot I ever encountered in a Twitch stream that permabans people. 

6. Emote spam is already a bannable offense unless you're a sub then its perfectly fine. Notice when you spend money, rules get more relaxed.

Lastly about derailing the stream. This is what I figured out because the rules change by how ever Phil is feeling that day. If you drive attention away from Phil, paint him in a bad light, or disagree with him, you are derailing the stream. It could be anything. If he says the sky is red and you say its blue, you are derailing and are eligible for a permaban. If Phil clearly fucks up in a game, he says the game broke its own rules or cheated, you say "No, it was your fault", you are derailing the stream and are eligible for a permaban.

DSP's streamchat has been called one of the worst streamchats on Twitch for a reason. If you can deal with all the BS, then good luck, but most days its better to not even participate unless you plan on donating. Like I said, these are great points, but we both just wasted our time typing. He will never take any advise unless it affects his money. This is the same guy that used Twitch with a very outdated IRC chat because he could silence people easier all the way up until microtransactions came to Twitch, which he then talked shit about, then made a boatload of money from.

But anyways, thats how you handle the streamchat. Good luck.

Edited by DownTheLever
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The best solution is: don't use the chat. (And at that point just watch on Youtube.)

The chat is reserved for these things: mods, subs, cheerers (aka people who like to "interact" alot), tips how to beat the game.

What is there to talk about anyway? "I like watching you watching these cutscenes", "I like watching you walking"

Lets be honest, Twitch is a pretty boring platforms unless you find fun in spamming emotes or throwing money at people or listening to dry commentaries.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

Lets be honest, Twitch is a pretty boring platforms unless you find fun in spamming emotes or throwing money at people or listening to dry commentaries.

There are 'IRL' streams in which you can talk with the broadcaster and request videos to watch. If that counts for anything.

If it's gameplay, normally there's nothing much to say about the game, so in this case I agree with what you've said.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jawmur said:

Recruit new mods who will handle chat responsibly and prevent Phil from having to stop the gameplay and deal with it himself.

6 hours ago, DownTheLever said:

Not gonna happen. Its just not.

How would you recruit new moderators that will behave like you say? I'd assume by having like a 'mod-trial', or unmodding those who don't act as expected, since it's practically impossible to know who is prepared for it, or if they'll change over time.

Here's the joke answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDP7ik2wBzs&t=0m23s

17 hours ago, jawmur said:

Stop reacting to troll cheers, tips and messages in a way that makes people think they are getting to you. Asking trolls to stop trolling is like giving them a medal and saying "Congratulations, you got to me!".

He already said many times that the trolls who try to insult him, and still give him money, are: "...stupid, I don't know what else to say...", and they still give him money. It's hilarious for everyone, including Phil. The only 'medal' they win, doesn't have a flattering title.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can easily tell if a mod is an idiot and shouldn't be allowed using a computer without supervision if they ban someone then write something stupid in the style of "lol I just banned you", "did you notice you just got banned", openly in the chat.

(eternal_napalm, madara, gahlf do that btw)

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

He already said many times that the trolls who try to insult him, and still give him money, are: "...stupid, I don't know what else to say...", and they still give him money. It's hilarious for everyone, including Phil. The only 'medal' they win, doesn't have a flattering title.

This is the internet. Reacting to trolls in any way, even to insult them ("it's a troll cheer so I won't read it. thanks for the money stupid!"), is giving them exactly what they want. If Phil really wants to stop the trolling instead of even mentioning that it's a troll cheer or tip, just thank them and don't even mention that left a message or act like it was an anonymous cheer or tip. Give no reaction and they'll stop because it's not fun anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Nariaki said:

This is the internet. Reacting to trolls in any way, even to insult them ("it's a troll cheer so I won't read it. thanks for the money stupid!"), is giving them exactly what they want. If Phil really wants to stop the trolling instead of even mentioning that it's a troll cheer or tip, just thank them and don't even mention that left a message or act like it was an anonymous cheer or tip. Give no reaction and they'll stop because it's not fun anymore.

Well, you posted a conditional sentence, which has a consequence that seems accurate and that I agree with, however the statement that the condition seems to imply, is questionable, to be clear with you.

In the end, they are helping Phil, so let them do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Well, you posted a conditional sentence, which has a consequence that seems accurate and that I agree with, however the statement that the condition seems to imply, is questionable, to be clear with you.

In the end, they are helping Phil, so let them do it.

Not only that statement but Phil constantly gets baited with cheers or tips that ask about money situations or "Tevin is restreaming your stream". If Phil just says "Thanks for the tip/cheer" instead of going into detail or complaining about the trolling it'd work out a lot better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jawmur said:

Not only that statement but Phil constantly gets baited with cheers or tips that ask about money situations or "Tevin is restreaming your stream". If Phil just says "Thanks for the tip/cheer" instead of going into detail or complaining about the trolling it'd work out a lot better.

I'm not sure you got what I said. Phil is not the one getting baited.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

I'm not sure you got what I said. Phil is not the one getting baited.

Yes, he is. When he announces that tip/cheer came from a troll and calls them stupid he's doing exactly what they wanted regardless of whether he reads it. He gets baited incredibly easily into reacting that way. Just saying "X did a Y tip. Thanks for tip!" would completely eliminate the reaction they want from him and make the trolling stop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nariaki said:

Yes, he is. When he announces that tip/cheer came from a troll and calls them stupid he's doing exactly what they wanted regardless of whether he reads it. He gets baited incredibly easily into reacting that way. Just saying "X did a Y tip. Thanks for tip!" would completely eliminate the reaction they want from him and make the trolling stop.

Do you truly mean that? I understand, you are completely right.

.

.

.

I'm impressed by the results, truly a magnificent technique, in both theory and execution.

00.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...