The King of Hate Forums
dsfan324

How to revive the forum, ideas

25 minutes ago, AreaWolf said:

The smartest thought you've had all thread.

Likewise.

Bye bye.

ByeBye.gif

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Like 1

Don't keep falling for the bait. Why you think I'm not responding to stupid and fabricated accusations. I don't need a stupid alt to destroy idiots.

Now if no one can come up with suggestions then this topic should be put to bed...

Edited by Amityville
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 10:48 AM, ThatDogGuy said:

The forum has got much better in recent months.

SilentWarrior and the team have for the most part, managed to keep it troll-free, where fans of DSP can discuss without discrimination

There are no fake fans, only people who enjoy DSP's work and want to continue to support him!

Cheers

1) To revive the forums, the owner needs to advertise them.  As little as they are spoken about on stream or YT, I wager the vast majority of viewers don't even know these forums exits.  Additionally, traditional forums such as this now need to compete with realtime services such as Discord.  Thus leading to my next suggestion.

2) There needs to be a reason for viewers to want to come to the forums once they are more provocatively advertised.  Posting a question to possibly be answered on ATK some time in the future is not much of an incentive when questions are answered in real time from the chat on the ATK stream as well as daily during both streams.      

3) "There are no fake fans".  Language/ideas like this can be counter productive to a healthy, thriving forum.  Fans are spread across a wide spectrum ranging from casual to rabid.  The trick is keeping the forums inviting enough for the casual fan via Staff tempering the Rabid ones. I offer this thread as an example: Someone new to the forums saw this thread and perhaps had an idea they wished to post.  Seeing the thread not only instantly derailed, but allowed to be for several pages over the course of several days would most likely not only deter a new member posting their idea, but result in a high probability of them never returning.  

Why am I posting after making such a statement, you ask?  Well, this ain't my first rodeo.  Granted, the things I see happening here predominantly plague new forums with inexperienced owners and Staff...or very old forums such as this where the population has been winnowed by a vocal minority thus deterring many new members from sticking around. 

This is, of course, merely my personal observations as one who  has only recently joined these forums first and foremost to participate in a discussion about the Minecraft streams.  After reading a couple other threads, I can understand why Mr.Papavera (sp?) has chosen to continue posting elsewhere.  Nonplussed, however, I have decided to stick around and perhaps see this forum experience a rejuvenation.  

Edited by ElectricSheepDreams
correcting spelling mistakes spell check missed as while they were 'real words' they were not the correct ones.

4 hours ago, ElectricSheepDreams said:

3) "There are no fake fans".  Language/ideas like this can be counter productive to a healthy, thriving forum.  Fans are spread across a wide spectrum ranging from casual to rabid.  The trick is keeping the forums inviting enough for the casual fan via Staff tempering the Rabid ones. I offer this thread as an example: Someone new to the forums saw this thread and perhaps had an idea they wished to post.  Seeing the thread not only instantly derailed, but allowed to be for several pages over the course of several days would most likely not only deter a new member posting their idea, but result in a high probability of them never returning.  

Why am I posting after making such a statement, you ask?  Well, this ain't my first rodeo.  Granted, the things I see happening here predominantly plague new forums with inexperienced owners and Staff...or very old forums such as this where the population has been winnowed by a vocal minority thus deterring many new members from sticking around. 

Apologies to all fake fans posting here. You should be allowed to post to pretend and bait other users.[/sarcasm]

5 hours ago, ElectricSheepDreams said:

1) To revive the forums, the owner needs to advertise them.  As little as they are spoken about on stream or YT, I wager the vast majority of viewers don't even know these forums exits.  Additionally, traditional forums such as this now need to compete with realtime services such as Discord.  Thus leading to my next suggestion.

2) There needs to be a reason for viewers to want to come to the forums once they are more provocatively advertised.  Posting a question to possibly be answered on ATK some time in the future is not much of an incentive when questions are answered in real time from the chat on the ATK stream as well as daily during both streams.      

This is, of course, merely my personal observations as one who  has only recently joined these forums first and foremost to participate in a discussion about the Minecraft streams.  After reading a couple other threads, I can understand why Mr.Papavera (sp?) has chosen to continue posting elsewhere.  Nonplussed, however, I have decided to stick around and perhaps see this forum experience a rejuvenation.  

Dude, you know by fake fans he is talking about trolls right? Are you saying its ok to troll and pose as a fan while continually pissing everyone off?

And if you're not a fan, why would someone post here? Why fight for the cause of hate? Hmmm.

I agree with the first two points though.

Edited by Amityville
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

Thanks, I didnt know this.

Does it actually work? I feel like I've tried it before.