The King of Hate Forums
dsfan324

What can Phil do to improve as a streamer...?

When playing Sekiro he said something like that he doesn't want to use other stuff besides the sword that he wants to beat the game only with the sword. Why does he keep doing this in games? Why does he keep handicapping himself? Not using game mechanics makes him look like he sucks at games and makes the playthroughs stale and boring.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, dsfan324 said:

When playing Sekiro he said something like that he doesn't want to use other stuff besides the sword that he wants to beat the game only with the sword. Why does he keep doing this in games? Why does he keep handicapping himself? Not using game mechanics makes him look like he sucks at games and makes the playthroughs stale and boring.

Or he wants a unique playthrough that no one else is doing. If you think he sucks at fighting games after SF2 then you don't know much.

1 hour ago, Amityville said:

Or he wants a unique playthrough that no one else is doing.

A boring one?

1 hour ago, Amityville said:

If you think he sucks at fighting games after SF2 then you don't know much.

WTF does this even mean? No one even mentioned fighting games.

4 hours ago, Amityville said:

Or he wants a unique playthrough that no one else is doing.

Nah, that's just how Phil plays games. He learns one thing and sticks with that all the way through, brute forcing it if he has to. He started with the sword so it's what he's comfortable with. That's why he won't use anything else.

On 3/27/2019 at 4:44 AM, ThatDogGuy said:

Can't really call anyone a dummy when it was you who posted the 2010 examples. :laugh:

Sekiro isn't a great game and is just annoying anyway. 

I gave you a thumbs up and took it away by the second sentence. Must be a record.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:21 PM, MoraMoria said:

I see, so in order for my comment to make sense, I would need to modify: "the problem is", to: "as far as I'm concerned, the problem seems to be", which makes my statement true, at the time it was originally posted.

Why you bothering, man? Arguing with new account users who have done nothing but argue with people since creating their account.

Can we just agree to ignore all the shit heads?

7 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

A boring one?

WTF does this even mean? No one even mentioned fighting games.

You made a statement he sucks at games. Did you forget already?

6 hours ago, Nariaki said:

Nah, that's just how Phil plays games. He learns one thing and sticks with that all the way through, brute forcing it if he has to. He started with the sword so it's what he's comfortable with. That's why he won't use anything else.

I know. But this time he clearly mentions that his intention is only using the sword. It sounds like he does this deliberately for a reason. I would like to know what's the reason?

2 hours ago, Amityville said:

You made a statement he sucks at games. Did you forget already?

I said it makes him look like he sucks at games.

BACK TO THE TOPIC OF THE THREAD:

The best way to get the basic idea of how to improve as a streamer would be to:

1)Invest time in WATCHING other streamers.  Sorry, but Netflix/Hulu/DvDs need to take a back burner as post streaming hours would be better served watching other streamers, random streamers, Big and small.  How can one improve if they do not know what the baseline is?    

2) ...now this happens after 1), but, Watch Netflix/Hulu/Vudu. NOT the movies themselves, but WHAT is Trending.  Monitor Social Media and be AWARE of what is happening in the INDUSTRY as well as the WORLD at Large.  Heck! as a 'Variety Streamer', one should know about ALL the games AAA as well as Indie that are soon to be released as well as in the works.  It is the Streamer who should inform and entertain his audience. There are dime a dozen streamers and each and every one of them has Raw, Unedited Gameplay because that IS that streaming IS!  Streaming is In Real Time.  There is No editing.  The streamer needs to either WOW with their prowess , entertain with their wit, be a source of information or a compilation or the three.  Above all, the streamer MUST understand and play to their audience.  A streamer can be the best gamer, who is 24/7 entertaining and the most informed about everything under the Sun, BUT if hey do not Understand their audience they will never get anywhere.    

On 4/7/2019 at 11:17 AM, dsfan324 said:

Because of the "Sekiro" streams, I decided to watch some of his "Nioh" playthroughs, that I missed at the time. I only watched some of the first videos, and I wish he would've picked the 'kusarigama', since it was a novelty, but he didn't want it. I also wanted to see some of the less popular/unconventional 'spirit animals', but so far he left those aside. And with the "Dark Souls" games, I would've liked to see some use of the whips and scythes, but I don't think he used them for very long, if he did at all.

He obviously can do what he wants, since it's his playthrough, but for me personally, if I can choose things on a game, I'll probably go with the oddity, even if it's a bit less efficient.