The King of Hate Forums
dsfan324

Who are those people???

conspiracy theory incoming

Phil keeps saying that people told him stuff like:

• people told him not to play Left Alive because it looks bad
  • people told him to play the same old games for the marathon and not try something new 

And I always wonder who are those people who keep telling him this dumb stuff?

I never see those people in the chat, forum or on twitter. I never see anyone saying stuff like this. Why listen to those people? Who are they, where are they? They must be someone important if Phil keeps listening to what they say.

I mean if you are not certain you can always do polls to see what people actually want. Kinda strange basing your major decisions on a few individuals.

tinfoilhat.jpg.f8cb80ca9a75136446e0305bd70793c0.jpg

Prepare to have your mind blown.

DSP is the "alotta people". You don't see anyone else say the things DSP says people are telling him on Twitter, Streamchat, or anywhere else. He doesn't take DM's or private messages in fear of trolls. So who else is it going to be?

Its him. Just telling the public "alot of people said this and that.." to control the blowback of not ever listening to his fans. I might be wrong, but to me this has been apparent for a while now. Just look at the suggestions thread, how many of the dozens and dozens of suggestions have been implimented? How many Twitter polls have there been where people vote one thing and he ignores the poll and does something else? But these "alotta people" always have Phil's full undivided attention and they always get what they want even though none of their replies are found anywhere.

What's obvious is usually obvious.

@TrashCanJuice I know people claim it's just him. But I doubt he would lie about it since other times he says openly when something is his decision. Even if it might not please fans. Like when he openly said that he ignored a poll, because he didn't really want to play the game or he got burned on it. People are used to that he does what he wants.

6 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

@TrashCanJuice I know people claim it's just him. But I doubt he would lie about it since other times he says openly when something is his decision. Even if it might not please fans. Like when he openly said that he ignored a poll, because he didn't really want to play the game or he got burned on it. People are used to that he does what he wants.

Well its up to you what to believe. There is too much evidence for me to believe anything else. I am of the belief of common sense. If you want to put up a poll just to later admit you ignored it and did whatever you want anyways, why put up the poll in the first place? 

I was thinking it's mods or patrons since they seem to have questionable tastes sometimes. I didn't see anyone telling him not to play Left Alive. But it wouldn't surprise me if the mods complained about it.

2 hours ago, TrashCanJuice said:

why put up the poll in the first place? 

I think Phil wants to see if there's an overwhelming demand from fans (like 90%) if he can't decide. If there isn't he ignores it if he doesn't want to do it. It ends up looking bad when he does polls on games he actually doesn't want to play. Ignoring polls and doing stuff his way is just how DSP rolls.

The polls weren't about "if this game is over 50% I will play it" but "if this game wins overwhelmingly I might consider playing it". He just wasn't clear enough about it.

Edited by dsfan324

3 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

I think Phil wants to see if there's an overwhelming demand from fans (like 90%) if he can't decide. If there isn't he ignores it if he doesn't want to do it. It ends up looking bad when he does polls on games he actually doesn't want to play. Ignoring polls and doing stuff his way is just how DSP rolls.

That is dumb, and its the reason why Phil is rolling his way straight into financial ruin if he doesn't change. 

On 3/17/2019 at 7:52 AM, dsfan324 said:

I know people claim it's just him. But I doubt he would lie about it since other times he says openly when something is his decision.

I don't think he necessarily lies about this, but Phil hears what he wants to hear. He also tends to over exaggerate when it's beneficial to the conclusion he wants to end on or the point he's trying to make. If he wants to do A, 2 people tell him to do A, but 10 people tell him to do B, he turns that in to "Lots of people are agreeing with me about A!!" 

I think these polls where he puts a game he wants to play vs a game he doesn't want to play (but people want to see) won't work out.

From the comments of the older polls you could see some people voted on a game simply because he wanted to play it but they didn't sound like they actually care for the game.

It might be like the forum situation where they are a bunch of old fans who don't watch him anymore but will still vote on the game he wants to play.

These polls should only be used when you follow the result else it will piss off people.

The comments from the people who actually played the game say that it's fun and that the reviews are bullshit.

It could be those "a lot of people" who say to skip games don't actually care for them (and maybe don't even watch Phil) and only tell him stuff based on reviews and trailers. Who knows. I mean "Days Gone is a boring, buggy bust and a completely uninspired game" sounds like a review quote.

"boring a completely uninspired game" you know you could describe all the AAA open world/cinematic games with this. So how is Days Gone any different? And if it's buggy then it means it's more entertaining for viewers.

Edited by dsfan324

11 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

I think these polls where he puts a game he wants to play vs a game he doesn't want to play (but people want to see) won't work out.

I think most fans just ignore the polls just from the amount of times Phil has disregarded them.