The King of Hate Forums
musicboy

Can anyone recommend, a good motobike racing sim, for the dreamcast?

Can anyone recommend, a really good motobike sim racing game, for the dreamcast? 

I don't mind, if it is kinda similar in style to MotoGP, which is on the current Playstation and Xbox consoles.

I heard about Redline Racers aka. Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing. And I also heard about Ducati World Racing Challenge. And a good bunch of dreamcast fans and gamers have said, that both are not all that good.:tongue:

If however, you know of one, and it was somehow, only released in Japan, I wouldn't mind checking it out and playing it. Thanks alot dudes.:smile:

Edited by musicboy

Can't help you here. I think that your request is too specific, but I'm sure that you can pull up a list with ranked motorbike-racing games, form the Internet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Can't help you here. I think that your request is too specific, but I'm sure that you can pull up a list with ranked motorbike-racing games, form the Internet.

@MoraMoria Thanks for replying.

Yeah, I did. But the two that I mentioned above, are like the top two, that show up on everylist. And gamers and reviewers have said, that they both kinda suck. Moreso the controls. But I'm still going to check out both though, because reviews and reviewers, can't always be believed.

I'm actually, not the only one asking this question though. Gamers on sega fan sites and on dreamcast fan forums, are asking the same thing. Good car racing sim games, are easy to find on the dreamcast. But good motobike racing sim games, are a rarity.

Okay, I re-edited my question above, to make it a bit more clearer.:smile:

Edited by musicboy

Is there even more motorbike-racing games for the Dreamcast?

I searched a little, and I only found another one: "Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000", that doesn't even involve racing motorbikes, it's just 'motocross'. And then you have other games that have small sections with the bike, like "Headhunter", but that one's an action-adventure game.

@MoraMoria Yeah, I heard about Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000. I heard it's kinda fun though.

And I heard about Head Hunter and even Shenmue. And yeah, those two are not racing games though, but action adventure games. But the bike parts in those games, I heard are awesome.

Okay. I'm currently playing, Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing, on dreamcast/reicast. I'll give my verdict of the game soon.:smile:

Edited by musicboy

Okay. So it seems, like there are only 3 or 4, motobike racing games, on the dreamcast. Only 3 or 4? That kinda sucks, when you think about it.:tongue:

The good news is, at least to make up for it, there are many good, car racing games though.:smile:

Edited by musicboy

I watched a few youtube vids, of Ducati World: Racing Challenge. The game looks okay, but wooah, those motobike physics are wonky. And the graphics, are kinda not so good.:tongue:

I would definitely say, that Suzuki Alstare Extreme Racing, is way much better than that game. The dev team behind Ducati, should have put more effort, in improving the gameplay, physics and the graphics, for the dreamcast version, of that game. But it's still kinda okay.

Edited by musicboy

I watched a couple of videos of the "Ducati World: Racing Challenge" for the 'Dreamcast'. It seems that there is no kinetic energy when it turns to the side, the sensibility is not right. The graphics did not impress me, but it was expected. Finally, as for the music, I found some soundtrack that is claimed to be from that game, and I actually like some of it.

On 4/10/2019 at 2:06 AM, MoraMoria said:

I found some soundtrack that is claimed to be from that game, and I actually like some of it.

Yeah. Apparently, some of the music from that Ducati game, is pretty good. I heard some gamers, mention that a few times.

And yeah, the graphics for that game, could have been way better. Like super way better.:laugh:

Edited by musicboy