The King of Hate Forums
focusblast235

Poll: Diablo's NOT Boring (in repsonse to Phil's asserion yesterday on stream)

Would Classic DiabloI or II be Good side/patron games for phil or others) to play?  

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

A poll regarding phil's statement yesterday during his late night minecraft stream that Classic Diablo I or II would not be an enjoyable audience game  to play as a downtime game in the future.

Having to make this a TLDR version  due to time constraints, he claimed that it wouldnot be a game that "you guys" (who are these anonymous 'guys" again?) would like to watch

for those seeking the video it's part two of yesterdays stream at around the 55 mnute mark or so, when he has to interrupt himself to fish--likely about 55 or so minutes in.

I was kind of shaken by the statement, and so I wanted to put it to the community for a poll to se eif this was really ture

I had also wanted to Perhaps invite discussion about the games themselves, and how we've enjoyed either playing it ourselves or watching others, as well tips for hm if he can be made to consider it tips both in help and perhaps the other kind)

Edited by focusblast235

It depends entirely on whether the streamer can keep it entertaining. Loved all three of those games.

• Upvote 1

I agree with KGhaleon, since I believe that these games are more challenging to stream, and keep it entertaining. Still, if he decided to play them, I would watch it; definetly better than "World War Z", or sports games, (in my opinion).

I'm not a big fan of Diablo. But I think this game might be good, for a nice 1 hour chill stream.

He could play it for like an hour, once in a while. And if the viewers on the day he is streaming it, wants to see more, he can play it for an extra half an hour, or one hour more.

Instead of playing the same one or two games, at every chill stream, he should have a whole bunch/selection of games, that he can easily pick and choose from, for each of his chill streams. It would make things more enjoyable, for him and his viewers too. Without tiring himself out. Just a suggestion.

Oh, his minecraft streams are nice. Hopefully he doesn't drop it, because I like my blocky adventure action games.:laugh:

Edited by musicboy
  • Like 1

the video: https://youtu.be/4gqrxh87EbU?t=3285

Watching someone playing Diablo is very boring. Look at the videos and try to tell me it doesn't look boring as fuck. Minecraft is also boring but at least Phil can do and discover new things. There's nothing to Diablo though. It's just walking and clicking and hoping you find a weapon that isn't unusable shit. And a game where he has to fear about dying every time he goes behind the next corner isn't good for a chill stream.

Who knows, maybe he would like it, it's an OK game. But watching it is just boring, maybe even more boring than watching Minecraft.

1 hour ago, dsfan324 said:

Watching someone playing Diablo is very boring. Look at the videos and try to tell me it doesn't look boring as fuck. Minecraft is also boring but at least Phil can do and discover new things. There's nothing to Diablo though. It's just walking and clicking and hoping you find a weapon that isn't unusable shit. And a game where he has to fear about dying every time he goes behind the next corner isn't good for a chill stream.

Who knows, maybe he would like it, it's an OK game. But watching it is just boring, maybe even more boring than watching Minecraft.

I'd rather have Phil playing "Diablo" than him playing "MLB: The Show". As for "Minecraft", is there anything left to do that is interesting? I don't watch those streams, so I don't know, is he building something cool?

• Upvote 1

I don't think Diablo 1 would be a good stream game if you've never played it. Even then, the game is quite a bit slower paced than ARPGs that came later. It's also lacking a lot of things more modern games of it's genre now have. I loved Diablo 1 at the time of release but don't think it'd be a great stream game now.

Diablo 2, however, is still one of the best Action RPGs.  The mechanics are still solid and there's a lot of fun to be had there, especially for a newcomer.  It's also quite old so he should be able to stream, record, and play it with very little issue, though I imagine he'll have to use screen/monitor capture due to it's age.

One thing I found for every ARPG is that the first 1-2 hours tend to be bland. Even ones I've loved (Diablo 1/2/3, Path of Exile) are slow to start due to lack of class abilities and customization. Once you start unlocking skills and can customize your playstyle they pick up pretty quickly. ARPGs are good for chill streams because it's easy to read and react to chat due to their pacing.

22 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

It depends entirely on whether the streamer can keep it entertaining. Loved all three of those games.

Since @VertigoTeaparty gave this comment an upvote for whatever reason I would like to see WTF is Phil supposed to do to make Diablo entertaining? You click on tiny sprites of enemies, that's the whole game, how is he supposed to keep it entertaining? It's like trying to make Cookie Clicker look entertaining.

4 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

Since @VertigoTeaparty gave this comment an upvote for whatever reason I would like to see WTF is Phil supposed to do to make Diablo entertaining? You click on tiny sprites of enemies, that's the whole game, how is he supposed to keep it entertaining? It's like trying to make Cookie Clicker look entertaining.

You tell me dude.

17 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

I can't. You can't make Diablo look entertaining.

So what's the issue....Phil said he wasn't playing it right?

Topic makes it seem like you want him to play.

Diablo playthroughs are fun if you're speedrunning it.

• Upvote 1

@focusblast235 You think a barebones boring game like Minecraft has any content worth playing for, you think Phil is doing and building anything close to be called cool. It's no surprise you would think a playthrough of Diablo wouldn't be the most boring shit.

Just looked at the poll:

• 1. WOuld Classic Diablo or Diablo II (expansion)make a good game for phil to play asa stable long-term game?
  • yesyesyesyesyes, other
  • 3. For those who have seen others play Diablo I and II on Twitch,/Youtube how did you enjoy it
  • Negative (did not enjoy) --- here come the trolls?

This is a great unbiased poll, you don't sound like a stupid fanboy at all.

Edited by dsfan324

@focusblast235

"TEAL DEER TOP KEK", really?

I know that some people enjoy 'Minecraft' considerably, and have more tolerance for those streams, but in my opinion, the rest of the viewers may become tired by the game, even if there's technically more things to do in it. At least he should take a break, and maybe come back later.

7 hours ago, focusblast235 said:

Please mind your language ,dsfan

Please stop acting like an idiot.

7 hours ago, focusblast235 said:

His very commentary style makes a game like Diablo entertaining!

His reactions to the combat will also be very interesting

Like Minecraft, oh wait, that's still boring. Even Phil can't make a boring game entertaining. Like what's there to comment on the boring repetitive combat? Diablo can be summed up as extremely repetitive, bland and tedious. Doesn't sound like a fun game to stream. At least Minecraft can be relaxing.

People like watching Phil playing difficult interesting games, like DS. He plays Minecraft, battle royale (and other "boring" games), even if it brings low views because it's relaxing and he likes playing it. But Diablo doesn't fit in these. It's easy, looks bland and uninteresting, it's tedious and not relaxing.

Edited by dsfan324

On 4/19/2019 at 3:21 PM, dsfan324 said:

Talk about his history with Diablo or other Action RPGs. Talk about games he was playing when Diablo was released. Talk about his thoughts on the graphics, the gameplay, what build he'd like to try, the enemy types, the environments, the music, etc. Talk about what he likes and doesn't like. Talk about the story. Ask chat about their own experiences with the Diablo series, how they found Diablo, what their first character was, any memorable stories they had, if they have any recommendations about other ARPGs. 

One of the skills of a great streamer is to be entertaining and engaging even when the game they are playing isn't good. It's a fairly rare skill but it's something I feel that almost all streamers can improve upon, myself included. Saying that your stream is boring because the game is bad is a cop-out. If the game is bland you have to work harder to make the stream fun but that's part of what makes your streams worth watching.

Why do people act as if streamers are supposed to be some god like entertainers and how the game they are playing shouldn't matter when most streamers are the most boring people, especially the top ones. I saw people saying how funny Forsen is when he's just staring at the screen saying nothing and being boring the whole time.

Edited by dsfan324

I would say the streamer can make it not exactly entertaining but at least bearable.

At this point pre-streams are the most interesting thing to watch. Because he talks to the viewers, this is why people also like the retrospective events. People usually like to drop big donations during the pre-streams. The normal gameplay streams are in "Youtube mode".

For example if there was gameplay during pre-streams it would make the game much more interesting to watch. If there was an event with full viewer/chat interaction then slow games like Diablo or JRPGs would work.

Edited by dsfan324

On 4/20/2019 at 1:53 AM, dsfan324 said:

I can't. You can't make Diablo look entertaining.

36 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

I would say the streamer can make it not exactly entertaining but at least bearable.

36 minutes ago, dsfan324 said:

If there was an event with full viewer/chat interaction then slow games like Diablo or JRPGs would work.

I see you're slowly reforming yourself.

That's right dsfan324, accept Diablo, you know it's inevitable...

Diablo.png