The King of Hate Forums

So is anyone here a fan of Silver Surfer?

Personally, I find him cool. A silver looking space dude, surfing though space, on a magical looking silver surf board, is a really fantastic idea. How the heck, did they come up with that idea? Lol!:laugh:

And in some ways back in the 80's, he looked so cool, that he was even able to rival spider man, as the main iconic posterboy, marvel character.

Now that's quite an achievement.:smile:

• Like 1

Someone in the "Characters: Why I like them" thread talked about 'Silver Surfer', and they explained how he surpasses even 'Superman', in most aspects. I barely know anything about these superheroes, but by being so overpowered like that, I'm sure 'Spiderman' would be nothing more than an insect, to this character.

Spiderbug.jpg

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, musicboy said:

So is anyone here a fan of Silver Surfer?

Personally, I find him cool. A silver looking space dude, surfing though space, on a magical looking silver surf board, is a really fantastic idea. How the heck, did they come up with that idea? Lol!:laugh:

And in some ways back in the 80's, he looked so cool, that he was even able to rival spider man, as the main iconic posterboy, marvel character.

Now that's quite an achievement.:smile:

Dude, I'm a huge fan of Silver Surfer.  He's one of my top 10 favorite Marvel heroes.

I was introduced to him through the 1967 Fantastic 4 cartoon.

IMO, the Silver Surfer is the most powerful superhero.

• Like 1

@MDCFAN101 Yeah Surfer is really cool. He's really iconic too.

2 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

IMO, the Silver Surfer is the most powerful superhero

I agree with you on that.

I have also heard comic fans, say that same thing for many years too. And a few years ago, I found out from fans, that apparently, Silver Surfer, like Ryu from SF, actually holds back his full potential.

It's kinda sad, that with all of that power, that giant Galactus God dude thing, was able to force poor Silver Surfer, to serve him unwillingly, for a long time. I was actually surprised, when I found that out years ago. Because I never knew that. I was like dude,..........for real?! That sucks.:mellow:

3 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Someone in the "Characters: Why I like them" thread talked about 'Silver Surfer', and they explained how he surpasses even 'Superman', in most aspects.

I remember that post. It was a really interesting read too.

Edited by musicboy
15 minutes ago, musicboy said:

@MDCFAN101 Yeah Surfer is really cool. He's really iconic too.

I agree with you on that.

I have also heard comic fans, say that same thing for many years too. And a few years ago, I found out from fans, that apparently, Silver Surfer, like Ryu from SF, actually holds back his full potential.

It's kinda sad, that with all of that power, that giant Galactus God dude thing, was able to force poor Silver Surfer, to serve him unwillingly, for a long time. I was actually surprised, when I found that out years ago. Because I never knew that. I was like dude,..........for real?! That sucks.:mellow:

Silver Surfer is massively powerful and doesn't get enough recognition for that.  I know a lot of people consider Superman to be the most powerful superhero and they do post up some good reasonable arguments.  But in my book, the Silver Surfer is on a whole new level.

15 minutes ago, musicboy said:

I remember that post. It was a really interesting read too.

That guy who wrote that post was me.

Edited by MDCFAN101
21 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

That guy who wrote that post was me.

Ah! Makes sense now.

It was a really interesting post though. When I saw the name Silver Surfer, I had to read it. Because I didn't hear about Silver Surfer, for a very long time.

18 minutes ago, musicboy said:

Ah! Makes sense now.

It was a really interesting post though. When I saw the name Silver Surfer, I had to read it. Because I didn't hear about Silver Surfer, for a very long time.

Thank you.  I tried my best.

5 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Hopefully whenever Marvel does the Fantastic Four again we can get Doug Jones back as Silver Surfer and maybe actually does the voice this time cause you know fuck Fox 

Same here.  I did not like what Fox did with Silver Surfer.  Making his powers being limited to his board was purely stupid and disrespectful.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

Thank you.  I tried my best.

Same here.  I did not like what Fox did with Silver Surfer.  Making his powers being limited to his board was purely stupid and disrespectful.

That's what happens when you have morons at Fox who don't know shit lol 

I mean Galactus a Cloud lol 

But Marvel said their not gonna do X-Men or Fantastic Four for Phase 4 I hope their wrong but maybe Phase 5 cause I would like to see the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and Galactus done correctly 

16 hours ago, sateler96 said:

Yeah. I agree.

But at least that cloud, was super scary though.

I give them points for that. Especially that part in the movie, where the giant cloud tentacles, break into the earth. It looked like a super scary alien monster movie.

20 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Someone in the "Characters: Why I like them" thread talked about 'Silver Surfer', and they explained how he surpasses even 'Superman', in most aspects. I barely know anything about these superheroes, but by being so overpowered like that, I'm sure 'Spiderman' would be nothing more than an insect, to this character.

Yeah. Poor Spidey. After a few hits from Silver Surfer, his spider sense will be tingling, all over his body.:tongue:

But from what I know about Spidey, he is a tough cookie though, and not easily pushed over. And from what I've seen in the old cartoons, many years ago, even when he's defeated, he wins and saves the day in the end.

Edited by musicboy
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, musicboy said:

Yeah. I agree.

But at least that cloud, was super scary though.

I give them points for that. Especially that part in the movie, where the giant cloud tentacles, break into the earth. It looked like a super scary alien monster movie.

Yeah. Poor Spidey. After a few hits from Silver Surfer, his spider sense will be tingling, all over his body.:tongue:

But from what I know about Spidey, he is a tough cookie though, and not easily pushed over. And from what I've seen in the old cartoons, many years ago, even when he's defeated, he wins and saves the day in the end.

Eh I don't give any points to that terrible movie xD

• Like 1
On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:56 PM, sateler96 said:

That's what happens when you have morons at Fox who don't know shit lol 

But Marvel said their not gonna do X-Men or Fantastic Four for Phase 4 I hope their wrong but maybe Phase 5 cause I would like to see the Fantastic Four, Silver Surfer and Galactus done correctly 

Exactly.

7 hours ago, musicboy said:

Dash right, Spidey is one tough S.O.B.  He was able to withstand and survive an ass beating from a Phoenix Force empowered Colossus and Magik. 

Edited by MDCFAN101
23 hours ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I agree. It was such an utterly, retarded idea.

Edited by musicboy
16 minutes ago, musicboy said:

I agree. It was such an utterly, retarded idea.

I know right.  I was like, "WTF were they thinking?!"  That is like my biggest negative of Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer.  No joke.  That made me upset more than Galactus being turned into a cloud. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

I know right.  I was like, "WTF were they thinking?!"  That is like my biggest negative of Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer.  No joke.  That made me upset more than Galactus being turned into a cloud. 

Least he looked like the Silver Surfer minus bad CGI lol and wasting Doug Jones, Galactus was like butchering a comic book character like Baraka Pool and The Phoenix from The Last Stand lol 

32 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

Least he looked like the Silver Surfer minus bad CGI lol and wasting Doug Jones, Galactus was like butchering a comic book character like Baraka Pool and The Phoenix from The Last Stand lol 

True, but still what they did to Silver Surfer was disrespectful enough.  Besides, Laurence Fishburne did do a great job voicing him.

13 minutes ago, MDCFAN101 said:

True, but still what they did to Silver Surfer was disrespectful enough.  Besides, Laurence Fishburne did do a great job voicing him.

Meh it was pretty boring voice Doug Jones does better voice work 

Nothing is good about that movie lol

Not even Chris Evans lol thank god he's Captain America

• 3 months later...