The King of Hate Forums
MoraMoria

Cool Yu-Gi-Oh Card Designs

"Renge, Gatekeeper Of Dark World"

An easy to summon monster with incredible defense, and one of the starter cards in "Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008".

RengeGatekeeperOfDarkWorld.jpg

"Exxod, Master Of The Guard"

This card can be brutal if you manage to summon a bunch of 'Guardian Statue' or 'Golem Sentry' monsters, and even more if you get a 'Criosphinx' or 'Guardian Sphinx' in the field.

ExxodMasterOfTheGuard.jpg

• Like 1

"Lady Ninja Yae"

Her effect can be even more useful than the 'Hey, Trunade'/'Giant Trunade' spell-card, depending on the situation.

LadyNinjaYae.jpg

"Dark Artist"

According to some sources, this monster is one of the only ones, if not the only one, in all the game, that has an effect that provides no benefit to the user, neither intrinsically, nor by the use of another card effect, however this is false. If you have the spell-card 'Creature Swap', you can pull an incredible strategy along with some other cards.

DarkArtist.jpg

"Curious, The Lightsworn Dominion"

Although I'm not interested in link-cards as much as traditional cards, there are a few which I really like.

CuriousTheLightswornDominion.jpg

"Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi"

This is one of the spirit-monsters. They have the effect of returning to the owner's hand, during the end-phase of the turn they were normal-summoned or flip-summoned, as a general rule, but there might be some exceptions.

Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi.jpg

"Last Turn"

This card is absolutely ridiculous, and no wonder it's one of the forbidden-cards. This is the quoted effect: "This card can only be activated during your opponent's turn when your Life Points are 1000 or less. Select 1 monster on your side of the field and send all other cards on the field and in their respective owner's hands to their respective Graveyards. After that, your opponent selects and Special Summons 1 monster from their Deck in face-up Attack Position and attacks your selected monster. (Any Battle Damage from this battle is treated as 0.) The player whose monster remains alone on the field at the End Phase of this turn wins the Duel. Any other case results in a DRAW."

This card can really 'turn the tables' in a duel, instantly. As can be seen, the artwork shows the monsters: 'Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi' and 'Yamata Dragon'.

LastTurn.jpg

• Like 1

"Key Mace"

I remember this monster making a cameo in "Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's", during the turbo-duel/riding-duel, when they tried to summon 'Zushin The Sleeping Giant'.

KeyMace.png

"Key Mace #2"

The counterpart of 'Key Mace'. The quoted card description: "This fiend brings out the worst in everyone."

If I was a "Yu-Gi-Oh" card, I'd probably have this as part of my description.

KeyMace#2.png

"Yamata Dragon"

Obviously based on the japanese folklore creature: 'Yamata no Orochi'. Not incredibly powerful, but like most spirit-monsters, it has a very handy effect.

YamataDragon.jpg

"Mystical Elf"

One of the monsters that do not require tribute-summoning, since in this case it's a 4 level monster, that has a decent defense.

MysticalElf.jpg