The King of Hate Forums
ElectricSheepDreams

The 'Tale' 'Days Gone' should have taught

I'll preface this by saying that I fully expect this thread to be deleted and to be perma-banned...it's something that NEEDS to, should have been said a long time ago, so I'll stick my neck out and say it.

The end-all-be-all of Triple A titles ended when Minecraft blew that fallacy out of the water once and for all.  Time and again, this has proven to be true....while continually being ignored here.  The newest example being that being 'A Plague Tale'.*  One would have thought that after 'Days Gone' was so recently cast aside regardless of viewer advice for the word of Reviewers, who are constantly held in low regard/called shills was found to be a grand game upon actually playing it ( via a $100 Tip to do so ), viewer opinions were seen to be a bit more valid....as critics later went on to echo.  Was anything learned from this?  ....sadly no.  Viewers repeatedly asked for 'A Plague Tale', a $40 game that was eschewed for the mediocre $60 Rage 2 that I cannot recall ANYONE asking to be played.

This obsessive need to play all the triple A titles Day One in the age of early release copies to YouTubers and now Streamers while turning a blind eye to ALL the other games out there boggles the mind.  Surely someone with a business/finance degree upon no longer having 'Day One Consumer Release' advantage due to the promotional early release of Triple A titles would by now realize a switch to being a Big fish in a Little pond would be far more advantageous than trying to catch up with the Big Fish who are days ahead.  Personally, if my livelihood relied on it, I'd be burning the midnight oil seeking out the next game that could take the world by storm  and propel me along with it...before everyone and their grandmother was playing it...as is the case with A Plague Tale now...but not, perhaps with the next opportunity.  It will, however, require work seeking these opportunities out as by the time stream chat offers said games they have been playing up....it's already to late.

Edited by ElectricSheepDreams
correcting grammar and spelling mistakes
  • Upvote 1

I cannot afford to buy every game anymore, especially indie titles. For every Days Gone, or Plague Tale, there are a million World War Zs/Jump Forces.

Your argument only holds up when you conveniently ignore the fact that I've taken chances on games and they've flopped hard, costing me money I could have put toward other, better games.

When I made tons more money, I could try EVERYTHING and therefore find the "hidden gems." I am no longer in this position. The sooner you accept reality, the better, because unless people DO donate games like Days Gone, I won't be playing them.

Grow up, wake up, and stop bitching. Thanks.