The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 77 - July 25, 2019

You've recently said that you've matured over the years and grown into a better person. However, there's a trend where you reply to genuine questions with insults or passive aggression. You then proceed to block or ban them without giving them the opportunity to reply.

These people don't insult you personally (some do & I get why you'd block/ban these) but they may have a different opinion, that's all. Why do you feel it's acceptable to insult them. Is it your belief this is evidence of personal growth & maturity? 

Now that you're coming to the end of FF9, what would you say were your top 3 Final Fantasy games and why? Personally I'd put 9 up there because I think the ATE system showing that the characters have lives outside whatever Zidane happens to be doing at the moment makes them feel much more alive than any other entry, and because the soundtrack is literally the best, but I'm curious what you think with it fresh in your mind. For the record, the objectively correct answer is 9, 6, 4.

Edited by melancholypanda

Hey Phil long time fan. I remember you used to do co-op with theaireeadlord (I'm probably spelling that wrong). I know you met friends like Jon and Howard through street fighter, but was that the same with him or from something else? Also does he do co-op with you anymore, havent seen him in a while. keep goin strong thanks.

Hi Phil.

1. Would you consider building a PC if you obtained reliable assistance? I understand it is not feasible at the moment.

2. Are you willing to try things suggested from your community EARLIER, considering how some have benefited you? For example, direct capture and Twitch streaming.

3. Why do you make an effort creating YouTube videos if you consider YouTube an archive?

You do not upload an entire stream as one video; and sometimes you speak to a YouTube audience (such as when you begin gameplay after your pre-stream).

4. Can you take more steps to have detractors and detractor-based discussions less frequent in your streams? Is this a concern or goal?

Suggestions: ban trolls without mention and ignore troll contributions completely

5. You mentioned you and Kat have considered getting a pet. Why do you think this is reasonable considering your financial situation?

6. Would it be reasonable to avoid ALL unnecessary expenses (such as entertainment (restaurants, theatres, etc.)) and focus on developing a savings for unexpected expenses/emergencies? Would this be a risk to your mental health or marriage?

Thanks.

34 minutes ago, tyrone said:

can you unban me, please?

You should email or tell him on Twitter, and provide your exact Twitch name.

What's keeping you from cleaning your office?

Should you consider wearing your glasses regularly? You seem troubled at times.

Would you agree that avoiding "romantic gameplay" and such due to being married is going overboard?

Viewers are encouraged to interact with you. When interaction is minimal, should you be held accountable?

Do you think you could learn anything from other streamers? Would it be good practice to (take a moment to) observe popular streamers?

i heard you say recently on a prestream that you haven't been paying your quarterly taxes again...is this now the third year in a row? what are your plans on paying for them come next year...another financial crisis with several marathons to raise money for the thing you should be paying all along? just because you did it once after that CT guy got you in trouble doesn't mean you can rely on your fanbase to pay for it every year...so in short why aren't you putting money aside for your taxes like everyone else 

If you had to be an anthropomorphic animal, what species would you want to be?
What is your favorite monster class from the Disgaea series?

What cancelled game were you most disappointed by it's cancellation?  Which one would you choose to be completed? 

What are your thoughts on there being an afterlife? 

Hello Phil

As an inspiring and budding content creator, and wanted to ask what is the best way to deal with trolling. As a long time fan, you have experienced it heavily over the years and thought you would give some great insight on what to do, and what not to do. Some people say its just the internet, and you can turn the PC off but we all know thats not the case as hurtful words can follow you into your real life. 

Thanks..

Hey Phil, long time viewer here. 2 questions:

#1:

I've seen mentioned by a few people lately but haven't heard your opinion on it - Have you thought about changing what time you stream? You've said the majority of your viewers are in the US, but you stream at the same times when the majority of people are working at their job. You have the ability to be fairly flexible, so why move your schedule like 3 hours later. Then there's more overlap with people actually being available to watch after work, and more people relaxing at night to twitch streams.

#2:

Will you ever start to keep up with the twitch meta? A huge part of twitch is the culture that twitch chat has, such as all the popular memes, BetterTTV and FrankerFaceZ custom emotes, etc. You said you didn't even know what BTTV or FFZ were, which is unheard of for a big streamer. I think this is related to how you admit you're stubborn to adopt to new trends like when you were opposed to even streaming on twitch for a long time. All of the big streams incorporate and embrace this. Things like gachiGASM, the iterations of Pog and LUL emotes, the other Pepe emotes (PepeLaugh, Pepega, etc) and I don't think you know what any of them are. It's a big turn off to viewers when you not only lack these, but show zero interest in even adapting them.

Hi Phil I'm wondering if you could describe your favorite meal? Like if you were on death row and only had a few hours left what would you choose to eat? Anything you want, the chefs are standing by with all the training and tons of fresh ingredients!

I know you have to have a good answer because you are a true and honest food lover (like me)

Hey Phil,

I’m not sure what your opinions are about Google Stadia, but I think it’s sort of a rip off.  Full price games plus a monthly fee for 4K just to play on any device? I originally thought it was going to be like Netflix but for gaming, which would have been so much better. What are your thoughts on it? Are you going to sign up?

I know you talk about the lack of income, but have you ever been a fan of gambling back in the day? You ever visit Atlantic City when you were on the east coast? What’s your game of choice? My personal favorite is Blackjack.

Why is GTA 6 taking so long???  When it eventually releases, do you think it’s going to be the biggest selling game EVER? Also, with GTA V still being immensely popular, with constant updates and a large player base, what in the world happened to Red Dead 2 online? It completely blows.....no one cares about horses. We want fast cars and cool guns in our online world. Nobody wants to mimic a cowboy.

back in the day you used to be able to provide hours of interesting commentary without any interaction from viewers but now you need people to be talking to you to "make the stream fun" 

what went wrong that you lost the ability to commentate on video games?

Since you’ve been playing games so intensely over the last ten years, you have undoubtedly noticed different trends come and go, including zombies in everything, horde modes, and now battle royale. Are there any that you wish would’ve continued onward? Or any that lasted longer than they had the right to?

With all the successful remakes that have come out in the past years (Resident Evil 2 being the most recent example) are there any games from the past that you would want a complete remake of?

Phil I remember you saying you get a lot of junk mail.  I can relate.  I recently moved and the previous tenant I guess never forwarded their mail.  I get at least 4 things for them every time I check the mail.  It's annoying.  

Has the amount of mail you recieve decreased? 

Phil do you think you should play Fire Emblem Three Houses instead of Wolfenstein Young Blood? The review are out and Young Blood is getting canned pretty hard, while FE is getting showered with praise.

Hope you're having a good day!!

What do you think of the new search functionality on Twitch? When I tried searching for you on Twitch's application I saw somebody named "DarkspinesSonic" with a verified badge and I don't like seeing random accounts with a verified badge. What do you think of this so far? I wish they changed it back.