The King of Hate Forums
ElectricSheepDreams

The Tale a suggestion in a thread Days Gone should have taught

I shall preface this post  once again by stating I know the sword of dsp-o-cleas hangs over my head.  I feel, however that it is important enough to post in the hopes that hindsight is indeed 20-20. 

One thinks it may behoove folks to sit back and for a moment take into advisement some of the suggestions given and perhaps do a bit of looking about, eschewing the impulse toward hurling inflammatory statements out of left field when  no where in the original suggestion one can even find cause for such...as it turned out that BOTH Days Gone (as was brought up in the OP as being a fan gifted game) and a scant ten days later the likewise Fan Funded game suggested,  A Plague Tale was purchased and streamed.   The OP I posted was not done nor do I feel as if in reading it comes across as "bitching".  I could of course be wrong...but, IF I follow the advice to " Grow up, wake up and stop bitching" when it comes to suggesting games....other non Triple A Titles will likewise go unnoticed and unplayed.

...Thus,

I have made this post.  While, I guess this too may be seen as being immature , asleep and bitching...this post attempts to dissuades the reader from lashing out at the mote in his brother's eye while not considering the the beam in his own'( Matthew 7:3).

dspforums example5.png

dspforumexample3.png

Edited by ElectricSheepDreams
  • Upvote 1

Despite acquiring "A Plague Tale", his main point still stands, so your last screen-capture is irrelevant.

If you wanted to discuss how your post wasn't really "complaining", and that Phil's was an unjustified accusation to yours, you should've just said so plainly, to make it easier for both parties. Now, if I had to guess, Phil's statement stems from the fact that you undemined the value of "Rage 2", calling it 'mediocre' while being adamant, supposedly, about the fact that no one asked for it, thus, making it seem as if you were doing what Phil said.

Of course you can state your opinion about the game, but it appears that you made it seem as if your subjective opinion was a faithful reflection of universal truth, which is unlikely.

Edited by MoraMoria

At the end we are watching a cinematic AAA walking simulator over a cinematic indie walking simulator. I'm sure people couldn't contain their excitement.

Everyone only cared about Plague Tale because it was a hot thing at the moment, no one gave a single fuck about the game a few days later. Shows how much people actually cared.

"The end-all-be-all of Triple A titles ended when Minecraft blew that fallacy out of the water once and for all. "

You seriously took fucking Minecraft as an example of a good game better than AAA titles, really? Fucking Minecraft? The most boring shit, the ultimate walking simulator? The skinner box like all the shitty mobile games and Korean MMORPGs?

The only thing Minecraft proves over AAA games is that you can make the laziest game, with no effort, with no content and it can become super popular. But there's lots of low effort indie games that didn't get popular. One lucky example of a lazy indie game getting popular doesn't now prove all AAA games are shit and inferior to indie games. Why not take Flappy Bird as an example for a high quality indie game that blew all the AAA games out of the water?

https://youtu.be/A_Ycx1qsJiA

Did you unironically post Jim Sterling? You could take any review but you decided to post Jim Sterling? Jim Sterling?

The thing that Plague Tale did teach us is that a hyped inde game can be immediately forgotten a few days after release. People only freak out about the game because of the setting and it looking good for an indie game. But the story and gameplay are underwhelming, the game is short and there's no reason to play it ever again.

AAA games have their place since not everyone wants to look at ugly ass stuff like Minecraft or another pixel game.

And for a steamer, indie games are in general much more boring to watch than AAA games. Unless you are an indie fanboy.

"other non Triple A Titles will likewise go unnoticed and unplayed."

Yes, and? People consume these games like it's fast food. Doesn't really matter if they miss a random game with no fun gameplay and no replay value. If a game is worth checking out people will be talking about it for years, you don't need to worry about missing it.

Edited by dsfan324

4 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

"The end-all-be-all of Triple A titles ended when Minecraft blew that fallacy out of the water once and for all. "

You seriously took fucking Minecraft as an example of a good game better than AAA titles, really? Fucking Minecraft? The most boring shit, the ultimate walking simulator? T

I believe their point was that Minecraft blew up on YouTube in a way no AAA title ever has. Hell, people still play Minecraft and make a living doing so. Whether you think it's better than AAA games or not, it's made more of an impact than most AAA games.

The thing that Plague Tale did teach us is that a hyped inde game can be immediately forgotten a few days after release. People only freak out about the game because of the setting and it looking good for an indie game. But the story and gameplay are underwhelming, the game is short and there's no reason to play it ever again because it's not fun.

AAA games have their place since not everyone wants to look at ugly ass stuff like Minecraft or another pixel game.

And for a steamer, indie games are in general much more boring to watch than AAA games. Unless you are an indie fanboy.

Yes, and? People consume these games like it's fast food. Doesn't really matter if they miss a random game with no fun gameplay and no replay value. If a game is worth checking out people will be talking about it for years, you don't need to worry about missing it.

Lot of personal opinion in this batch of comments. Just because you didn't like A Plague Tale: Innocence doesn't make it a bad game, dude. Hell, it's got solid 8 audience scores across all three platforms on Metacritic, so clearly people like it. Also if you think it's a walking simulator you have no concept of what a walking simulator is.

Isn't your point that indie games are so much better than AAA games?

No, their point was that indie games are worth playing and can sometimes be better than AAA titles. Going back to Rage 2 for comparison's sake it has a 5.2 audience score on Metacritic so a lot more people like A Plague Tale than Rage 2. In this case the "indie" title  was better than the AAA title. But that wasn't the point. The point OP was making that, at the time, everyone was asking Phil to play A Plague Tale and Phil did what Phil does. Refused to play it when people were asking for it and by the time he played it no one cared anymore.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Nariaki said:

The point OP was making that, at the time, everyone was asking Phil to play A Plague Tale and Phil did what Phil does. Refused to play it when people were asking for it and by the time he played it no one cared anymore.

And that means they only cared because it was new and hot and not because they actually cared for the game and what it is. People wouldn't lose interest if they actually thought it is a good game.

1 hour ago, Nariaki said:

Also if you think it's a walking simulator you have no concept of what a walking simulator is.

APT is pretty much what people call a walking simulator.

I doubt there are many fans who care if Phil misses on another walking simulator. They would be happy if he did. But Phil considers that people want to see him suffer if they want to see an entertaining, hard game or online play.

Edited by dsfan324

8 hours ago, DavidGoliath said:

i'll be back to supporting a streamer who actually cares.

Can I ask you which streamer is that?

Turns out I was totally WRONG.

I guess Phil is going to be playing more indie games from now on.

Why do we have to be so biased against indie games?

We only love those AAA cinematic experiences while he would like to play more indie games.

Wow, this guy is 100% on point. It's all our fault. Fuck the people who say it's boring. I'm glad there are smart people like Cryptic Cynic on twitter.

Now that I think of it no one complains about AAA open world games being boring, everyone praises them. It's only indie games people say are boring. Thank you Cryptic Cynic for pointing out this fallacy.

Any suggestions what great indie games can Phil play?

Edited by dsfan324

6 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

Wow, this guy is 100% on point. It's all our fault. Fuck the people who say it's boring. I'm glad there are smart people like Cryptic Cynic on twitter.

Now that I think of it no one complains about AAA open world games being boring, everyone praises them. It's only indie games people say are boring. Thank you Cryptic Cynic for pointing out this fallacy.

I wouldn't have worded it like that person, however I think they're just criticising people who constantly complain about the game, not just say that it's boring. (But they're just presenting the case for the indie ones).

I have no problem with people saying that a game is not good, according to them, but constant complaining when the streamer has already bought it, and has planned to play it, at least for that particular day, is not very productive.

On a side note, isn't "Cuphead" an indie one? I enjoyed playthroughs of it, more than other 'AAA games'.

Edited by MoraMoria