The King of Hate Forums
dsfan324

Organic sub growth dilemma

Phil said something like that he's doing the sub goals to hope more people will naturally subscribe.

I don't think that's how it works. I believe the main reason why people sub to a streamer is because they simply like him. Every sub goal I remember was only reached with lots of gifted subs.

I think no one is going to sub/pay money just for the possibility of an event happening. To make people sub for a goal it would have to be something extreme, like watching TIHYDPs or attempting a Dark Souls speedrun.

Twitch is a friend simulator in the first place. People watch a virtual friend playing a game. And support their virtual friend with subbing. Having some cool/funny emotes is a plus.

Subs are a way people tell a streamer "I like you", "I like what you are doing, please continue".

Lets see:

Ninja: For the kids it's like watching a friend or big brother playing their favorite game. He's good at it so they can also learn from him how to be better at it. He's something the kids look up to and want to be "cool" like him.

Wings: He's probably the most boring streamer and person. Plays the same boring game while he's shit at it. His chat is full of pathetic attention whoring losers who only try to get his attention to read their stupid comments. And what does Wings do, he gives those losers the attention they seek. He regularly talks with the chat, reads their stupid comments, prefers reading the idiotic troll comments which the losers love the most. His fans see in Wings a friend because they think he's like them, a failure. He manages to keep 500 views/500 subs while hardly streaming at all.

Badbunny: Has 200 views/1000 subs. Because she talks with her fans all the time. She treats her fans like friends. She isn't afraid to do funny things. There's no massive banning and drama in here chat. People love her for that and reward her with subbing. (She had a $500 tip goal to play a scary game and I think she reached that in a day.)

Tevin (and other trolls) created a platform where failures like him, autist and other mentally handicapped are welcomed. They love him for that and throw money at him, he's their friend.

Boring failures like Asmongold or Forsen aren't getting those huge amounts of views because they are entertaining. I guess other failures see friends in them and the streamers welcome them.

I believe people liked old Phil so much because it was like being with a friend and watching him play a game while he did funny commentary on it.

But it's not like that anymore and so many people left. Now they can choose among many virtual friends on Twitch. Back then Phil was like a friend to them, now the relationship is purely professional.

There's not going to be a big influx of new fans and supporters if nothing changes. The sub goals will mostly give gifted subs which drop after a month.

Edited by dsfan324
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

...or attempting a Dark Souls speedrun.

That would be so cool. He could also do some retro-games speedruns, like "Ninja Gaiden".

Tevin (and other trolls) created a platform where failures like him, autist and other mentally handicapped are welcomed. They love him for that and throw money at him, he's their friend.

I went to one of their stream-chats one time, to see what kind of posts they make on there, and they were incredibly toxic. (I'm using this word because of the irony of them using the "toxic" clip.)

They criticised Phil's chat for doing something, and then proceeded to do the same exact thing, without any trace of self awareness. It's hilarious.

Badbunny: Has 200 views/1000 subs. Because she talks with her fans all the time. She treats her fans like friends. She isn't afraid to do funny things. There's no massive banning and drama in here chat. People love her for that and reward her with subbing. (She had a $500 tip goal to play a scary game and I think she reached that in a day.)

I've seen a clip of her, in full context, stating: "If you're watching Twitch as a non-donating, non-sub, you are leeching." (Her full statement is worse, but I don't feel like quoting all of it, apart from some other things said to her fans.)

You say that she treats her fans like friends, I wouldn't treat my friends like this.

10 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

They criticised Phil's chat for doing something, and then proceeded to do the same exact thing, without any trace of self awareness.

Yes, they criticize Phil and his fans for something while they are much worse. Those mental gymnastics those retards go through...

10 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I've seen a clip of her, in full context, stating: "If you're watching Twitch as a non-donating, non-sub, you are leeching." (Her full statement is worse, but I don't feel like quoting all of it, apart from some other things said to her fans.)

You say that she treats her fans like friends, I wouldn't treat my friends like this.

Are you seriously judging her based on one fucking troll clip? So you were never in her stream but judge her on a troll clip? You seriously think that's how she talks all the time?

She likes to openly talk shit. Most probably she's replying to a troll who pissed her off. Listen carefully to what she says, she isn't wrong. 

"How do you think free entertainment is available to you? It's because other people actually provide money so you can be a cheapass. Other people provide money because they are generous, they see a thing they wanna support. And then you leech... "

She says the truth and that's what is called toxic nowadays. All those Youtube clips are made by retarded trolls who only care to make her look as bad as possible. The irony is that those trolls leech off her to get views on their shitty videos.

Phil asks every day to support him by cheering, tipping or subbing. Notice something? It means he can only continue because of the people who donate. You can only watch him because of the people who pay for your entertainment, aka you leech off them. It's exactly the same what she said. But those retarded trolls can't realize it, they are too busy making videos to leech off her.

Edited by dsfan324

1 hour ago, dsfan324 said:

Are you seriously judging her based on one fucking troll clip? So you were never in her stream but judge her on a troll clip? You seriously think that's how she talks all the time?

She likes to openly talk shit. Most probably she's replying to a troll who pissed her off. Listen carefully to what she says, she isn't wrong.

"How do you think free entertainment is available to you? It's because other people actually provide money so you can be a cheapass. Other people provide money because they are generous, they see a thing they wanna support. And then you leech... "

She says the truth and that's what is called toxic nowadays. All those Youtube clips are made by retarded trolls who only care to make her look as bad as possible. The irony is that those trolls leech off her to get views on their shitty videos.

Phil asks every day to support him by cheering, tipping or subbing. Notice something? It means he can only continue because of the people who donate. You can only watch him because of the people who pay for your entertainment, aka you leech off them. It's exactly the same what she said. But those retarded trolls can't realize it, they are too busy making videos to leech off her.

I can see that we might disagree on a couple of things you said:

First, even if that the referenced clip is from a "troll/other" sources, even if she doesn't say that all the time, and even if it was someone that "pissed her off", calling anyone who watches a Twitch streamer, (without contributing with their money), a 'leech', is not right, polite nor respectable.

Now for the second point, that makes the previous one valid, is the difference between your and my definitions of 'leech', in this context. It is true that without enough contributions, the streamer might not be able to continue producing content, but I as a viewer don't owe them anything, furthermore, watching someone on Twitch without contributing is permitted. Anyone can stream on the platform if they want, without receiving a single cent. You have the right to use Twitch to broadcast what you want, and if people decide so, they'll donate, however you're not entitled to your viewer's money, that's the service that Twitch provides, (to this date). 'Leech' is not an appropriate term here.

And if you want me to hold your reasoning, would you say that watching (for example) an 'street performer', or a musician at a public event, or an 'open to the public' art-gallery, or someone who invites me to their home/party/whatever, without giving them money is 'leeching'? And what about if you take into consideration the quantity of the given money? Someone gives $10000 to a streamer, that lets them keep doing their job, and then comes someone who gives them $5; is the latter 'leeching'?

For all of these reasons, and for the fact that the service that Twitch provides is mainly for streaming, (and of course facilitating, but not demanding, money/cryptocurrency transfers), I find BadBunny's term inappropriate and naive, for both practical & theoretical reasons.

Edited by MoraMoria

@MoraMoria Sorry but that's just so dumb. I don't want to analyze it and go through the things about what's wrong.

You got seriously offended by a person you never watched just based on a retarded troll video that's made to make her look as bad as possible and take everything out of context. I thought you were smarter than that. If you can't see that shit-talking like she did is more funny than offensive then there's no help. She's entertaining because she talks shit like that.

Imagine watching the "full context" Dead Space 2 clip and thinking DSP is like that.

Edited by dsfan324

8 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

You got seriously offended by a person you never watched just based on a retarded troll video that's made to make her look as bad as possible and take everything out of context. I thought you were smarter than that. If you can't see that shit-talking like she did is more funny than offensive then there's no help. She's entertaining because she talks shit like that.

Imagine watching the "full context" Dead Space 2 clip and thinking DSP is like that.

I think you slightly misunderstood me.

I didn't get offended by it, nor do I think she is always like "that", (I'm assuming you believe that I think she always talks like this to her viewers, that's not the case, as I've told you earlier: "-even if she doesn't say that all the time-".). I am neither judging her personality based on that clip.

I was merely saying that her, using the word 'leech', for someone who does not spend money on a Twitch streamer, while watching their content, is inaccurate, amongst other words.

I wonder if anyone ever realized that people like toxicity. I am not calling anyone toxic, but just imagine this. Many things that people like on the internet is hated by others. You will never convince them to view it you way. Flavor is purely subjective and what you make out to be toxic may taste sweet to others. Good luck to anyone trying to convince people to acquire their personal beliefs and taste. Because of my personal experiences I find twitch to be the worst streaming service, and I hate it so much because of its policies I wish it would burn in eternal hellfire. They are greedy censorious black hole for money. Most people who use it have to self censor and is whores and e-beggars. But listen. If some people find happiness with that. Either from necessity or other reasons. I will not pursue you for doing so. Have fun with what you are doing. Right guys? YOU DONT WADE AROUND IN A TOXIC PIT 25/7 AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SMELL. Go support someone or something you like instead.   

Edited by BrightSideViking
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, BrightSideViking said:

I wonder if anyone ever realized that people like toxicity. I am not calling anyone toxic, but just imagine this. Many things that people like on the internet is hated by others. You will never convince them to view it you way. Flavor is purely subjective and what you make out to be toxic may taste sweet to others. Good luck to anyone trying to convince people to acquire their personal beliefs and taste. Because of my personal experiences I find twitch to be the worst streaming service, and I hate it so much because of its policies I wish it would burn in eternal hellfire. They are greedy censorious black hole for money. Most people who use it have to self censor and is whores and e-beggars. But listen. If some people find happiness with that. Either from necessity or other reasons. I will not pursue you for doing so. Have fun with what you are doing. Right guys? YOU DONT WADE AROUND IN A TOXIC PIT 25/7 AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE SMELL. Go support someone or something you like instead.   

Such a pleasant visit. I always liked your use of metaphors and how you write.

There will always be people who will try to exploit others, specially if they feel weakness in them, such as greed, ignorance and even compassion or lust.

This is the game for some female streamers in several platforms, and it won't likely stop. There's always someone who'll fall for it, even by their own will.