The King of Hate Forums
dsfan324

Green screen, stream layout thread

Post green screen, stream layout ideas.

On 5/9/2019 at 4:47 AM, GuardianApe said:

aKimO9H.jpg

before anyone gets triggered, that's a plush of Pepe the frog, not a detractor meme

pepegaa.jpg.fe7d6543b368812600bae45b7d381710.jpgpepegab.jpg.391e196ed12163ae2d57212ba7c3ab50.jpgpepegac.jpg.192ead3a267bb0118752347b73ce77d6.jpgpepegad.jpg.ec3158bf4d52b23788163ceaf4f6ce3b.jpgpepegae.jpg.a86c34e0e8540e125bb95d40ec4eef2a.jpgpepegaf.jpg.b5d2d884bfd685a5c4e15a627cf8b0b6.jpgpepegag.jpg.fd2ba84694de46cf7d31bdd7043345da.jpgpepegah.jpg.5da1ce5bcccfc80872b5613ee3dc2349.jpg

Edited by dsfan324
  • Like 2

The loveseat's top is above his shoulders, so some of these images where it doesn't show it, would only be viable if he gets like a gaming-chair or something like that. And for the ones that have it, they also show the mascot, which is slightly distracting at that cam-size.

I'm not sure what ideas you want, because if he manages to implement the green-screen somehow, that'd be it, unless you want some ideas for 'IRL' streams with cool backgrounds. If that's the case, I can link Phil some copyright-free videos that he can use.

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

The loveseat's top is above his shoulders, so some of these images where it doesn't show it, would only be viable if he gets like a gaming-chair or something like that. And for the ones that have it, they also show the mascot, which is slightly distracting at that cam-size.

You can drape green screen fabric over the loveseat also. With some imagination and effort you can do a lot of things in life. Saying "uh no" and "I know whats best" over and over really limits your options. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BlueEyesWhiteDragon said:

You can drape green screen fabric over the loveseat also. With some imagination and effort you can do a lot of things in life. Saying "uh no" and "I know whats best" over and over really limits your options. 

I guess you could, but the real problem is going to be fitting the green-screen behind the loveseat, that it's at an angle with the wall. Once he figues this out, everything else is easy to accomplish.

If we had the measurements of the loveseat's length, angle and distance from the wall and the area that the green-screen's support-structure takes, it'd be simple math to determine if it's really feasible or not. According to Phil, there's not enough space, which I suspect is because of the support-structure.

In these images, (the layout one taken from user GuardianApe), it shows a rough overview of what he has to do. If we assume that between the red-lines is what the Webcam captures, then the 2 bases of the support must be placed on the circles. As you can see in the other image, the bases take some space, and I don't know if the left one would fit there. Not to mention, I don't know if the support can adjust its lenght to make itself slightly shorter, (because I think it's way longer than the loveseat). Only Phil knows if this would work, at the moment.

GreenScreenLayout.jpg

Edited by MoraMoria

Nail in the coffin time for all green screen discussion.

It is understandable why Phil cant use his studio sized green screen in his small office.

Elgato just released 2 green screens purchasable on Amazon.

One wall mounted and the other a portable version. If Phil set up a goal for it, no doubt it would get reached within the week.

HAfreQs.jpg

7 hours ago, dsfan324 said:

saw Kekon using this controller overlay, it would be perfect for games like Sekiro, Dark Souls, Mortal Kombat

It would also be good for fighting games. That overlay is from: https://gamepadviewer.com/

He just has to connect the controller and choose the next options:

• "Currently Viewing: Player 1"
  • Click on the right icon, and select: "PlayStation 4" or "PlayStation 4 (White)"
  • Click on the 3-lines-icon on the left, and select: "Info"
  • Then: "Remap Buttons", if necessary, which I don't think it is, unless you want to add something or you're using other non-official controller.
  • Finally, just click: "Generate URL", choose again the skin to be sure, and copy the 'URL'.
  • Now, all he has to do is paste the 'URL' on OBS, in a new 'Browser-Source'

He can play with the settings there a bit, and the browser must be open. If everything goes correctly, there should be little to no delay.