The King of Hate Forums
Jarvis

Thumbnail Fanart?

Hello Phil,

I wanted to ask you if you are interested in thumbnail fanart for your playthroughs on your youtube channel?

And what do you guys on the Forum think of it? Do you want thumbnail pictures for the Videos or not?

Considering Phil uploads a handful of videos per day, making thumbnails for each one would be just extra work. It's really up to Phil about this, as he'll have to set each thumbnail manually for this to work out.

• Upvote 1

Actually....

I'd be very interested in a thumbnail for the FIRST video of every series I do. This would assign that thumbnail to the entire playlist and would show up whenever that playlist is searched for or displayed on YouTube.

Someone said they were going to do this for me in 2014, made 3 and then disappeared, lol. So if you were willing to take a stab at one thumbnail per game (similar to how they were used for the year-end series) that would be awesome!

• Upvote 2

​What, you're looking for congratulations?

​What are you looking for? A debate? HA! Just because you got proven wrong doesn't mean you have to antagonize someone.

All I said was that it takes 2 seconds, now if you want to go into a debate then let's do it because you will lose.

• Upvote 7

​What, you're looking for congratulations?

​He is just saying that it is not as hard as Phil makes it out to be... Who shit in your cornflakes today? 

• Upvote 5

Yes, because the upload practices that you do on a daily basis obviously 100% align with mine, someone who does this for a living and uploads more gameplay footage than any one person on the internet.

OR, it could be that YouTube forces you to add the thumbnail as the video is uploading but BEFORE it processes (which is a small window of 10-15 minutes EACH video) or else the thumbnail doesn't show up for hours or DAYS. If you upload 12 vids and select custom thumbnails for them/upload custom thumbnails for them afterwards, they take forever for that thumbnail to show up (if they ever do) which undermines the entire point of doing it. I learned the hard way during my year-end series when entries in a countdown would be spoiled unless I uploaded thumbnails at the PERFECT time for them actually to show up.

It's not a matter of "it takes to seconds" as much as "you have to be sitting, on alert, at your PC during the 10 minutes that each video you upload is uploading/processing and then take the 2 seconds to manually add each thumbnail - then do that for every video you upload or else it's a waste of time."

Other uploaders don't have this issue because they 1. upload far less than me (so it doesn't require you to sit in front of the PC all that time) or 2. schedule out their uploads far in advance, so the thumbnails have time to show up. I do not do that as I upload all of my gameplay daily as soon as it's completed on stream.

Now that it's been explained for the upteenth time, please carry on. Thanks.

Yes, because the upload practices that you do on a daily basis obviously 100% align with mine, someone who does this for a living and uploads more gameplay footage than any one person on the internet.

​Well, people have suggested that you change how many/how long of videos you upload, so if you lower how much you upload, then you'd have time to add the thumbnails, and solve the other issues at the same time. =)

No it only takes seconds for it to show up. You obviously don't upload EVERY video at one time so it only takes 2 SECONDS to upload the picture and only takes a few minutes to make it. Now you're having issues because you refuse to upload longer videos so you would have to take more time, but if your videos were longer you would have nothing but time. I make videos just like you, I may not make them every single day, but that's only because YouTube is my hobby for when I feel like entertaining people, not a job.

Oh boy, it seems that my topic went nuts :o.

However, In future I will try to make you thumbnails for your playlist! :)

Maybe you should should spread the word about that phil, because there are alot of talented fans who would like to make thumbnails for you and if more people do that, you have a greater choice between different thumbnail pictures.

​Well, people have suggested that you change how many/how long of videos you upload, so if you lower how much you upload, then you'd have time to add the thumbnails, and solve the other issues at the same time. =)

​Yes, and then I lose what makes me unique (that I beat new games relatively quickly) and lose viewerbase, as well as views needed to keep the business running.

This is why so many of the "suggestions" I get on these forums are useless. They're made from a completely off-center perspective and are unrealistic. Anyway, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THUMBNAILS!

So get back on topic.

• Upvote 1

No it only takes seconds for it to show up. You obviously don't upload EVERY video at one time so it only takes 2 SECONDS to upload the picture and only takes a few minutes to make it. Now you're having issues because you refuse to upload longer videos so you would have to take more time, but if your videos were longer you would have nothing but time. I make videos just like you, I may not make them every single day, but that's only because YouTube is my hobby for when I feel like entertaining people, not a job.

​Yeah, it's obvious you either didn't understand what I was saying or you don't know the real process and the issues it has, because you don't use YouTube nearly as much as I do. It doesn't take "seconds for it to show up," what you're referring to is it showing up in your VIDEO MANAGER and not on the actual public video. For that thumbnail to go public after the video has already processed and is viewable, it takes hours, sometimes DAYS. I got complaints about a thumbnail on one of my year-end series for 3 days saying that it spoiled the countdown, when in reality I'd added it only a few minutes after the video first went live. That's how bad the YouTube process is.

Regardless, this issue literally has nothing to do with this thread, so let's end the discussion here.

​Yes, and then I lose what makes me unique (that I beat new games relatively quickly) and lose viewerbase, as well as views needed to keep the business running.

This is why so many of the "suggestions" I get on these forums are useless. They're made from a completely off-center perspective and are unrealistic. Anyway, THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THUMBNAILS!

So get back on topic.​

Actually, the response I made was on topic, trying to explain how you could be able to use thumbnails without having that many concerns about applying them, but whatever.

Incidentally, isn't double posting against the rules?

So sadly we had the same group of negative people jump in this thread, derail it with derogatory statements, and turn it into shit.

I cleaned it up and handed out warnings. That puts three people into "almost perm banned" status for doing the same thing in other threads. Please wise up or we'll have to say goodbye soon.

Anyway, if people would like to take a shot at thumbnails I'd be willing to consider it. 

• Upvote 1

Actually, the response I made was on topic, trying to explain how you could be able to use thumbnails without having that many concerns about applying them, but whatever.

Incidentally, isn't double posting against the rules?

​There are no double posts in this thread? I've been seeing this a lot lately (people saying they're seeing double posts) and I have to suspect at this point that it's a forum bug.

​There are no double posts in this thread? I've been seeing this a lot lately (people saying they're seeing double posts) and I have to suspect at this point that it's a forum bug.

​No, there are. You posted a reply to me, then quoted someone else and replied to them seperately.

​No, there are. You posted a reply to me, then quoted someone else and replied to them seperately.

​If there were a facepalm icon, I'd use it.

That's not a double post. Double posting is if someone posts the same thing twice (usually in error, but sometimes to try and derail a thread or emphasize their point if they feel they're being ignored). Not if they respond to two totally different things or post twice in a row, on different topics. There's no forum on the internet that enforces a "you can only post once and then have to wait for someone else to post before you can again" rule....LOL seriously. Wow.

Phil you could always just ask Dark Maggot to make the thumbnail and just edit it slightly to include numbers for each part plus making editing the parts to 30 mins each would make it alot less work and not flood peoples inboxes. Just a thought.
  • Upvote 1

I don't want thumbnails for each video in a series. 

I already gave multiple valid reasons why I will not make 30 minute long gameplay videos. 

Repeating the same things I've already addressed adds nothing positive to the discussion.

Deleted more nonsensical posts about double-posting criteria.

• Upvote 1

I don't want thumbnails for each video in a series. 

I already gave multiple valid reasons why I will not make 30 minute long gameplay videos. 

Repeating the same things I've already addressed adds nothing positive to the discussion.

Deleted more nonsensical posts about double-posting criteria.

​You said you would like 1 thumbnail for each series so why don't you just make it? its only thumbnail per series 

• Upvote 2