The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 78 - Sept. 26, 2019

Hello! Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King here! Thanks very much everyone!

Phil before you answer my question I just wanted to say Congratulations on 78 episodes of Ask the King and here's to the next 22 more Ask the King's until Episode 100! Congrats Phil. 

Now here's my question: Would you ever consider playing Garry's Mod cause it was from the same maker's of Left 4 Dead 2 and Half-Life 2 which you did a playthrough last year in the month of June and all 3 of those games were published by Valve Corporation, plus there's many amazing, fun, and great games that would be perfect for streams especially chill streams at night maybe. What I mean is: Would you ever consider checking it out?

Is there an influence to what got you into fighting games competitively? Was it a friend? Family member? Or did you get into it yourself?

• Like 1

Why don't you ever answer my questions for Ask the King?

I tried my best to think of several questions that are different and interesting. All of them were great places to come up with a story or an idea to talk about. Instead you chose to repeatedly answer the same type of questions from the previous Ask the King episodes where you have half an hour or more explaining your history with YouTube or your Helicopter job. How many times do you have to tell those stories?

You repeatedly complained about a lack of questions not only during the last Ask the King episode but also during the weeks leading up to it you pleaded with viewers daily to ask more questions. I'm not sure what you expect people to ask if you refuse to answer dozens of basic questions every time.

During the last ATK you answered a question about "transformative content" and told your 10 minute long story about Marvel End Game, RiffTrax, and Mystery Science Theater 3000 that you talked about in full a week before and have told on stream at least once every 3 months for the past 5 years. Why? If someone actually cared about the legal standings of playing video games on the internet I'm sure there are thousands if not millions of sources they could find online that are way more informative than the same speech you have already given multiple times. Why not just keep it simple and give a quick 1-2 minute answer that you believe it's legal but it's not actually been tried in court and until it is it's presumed as fair use? 

In the thread for questions for the last episode there was over 50 questions and you answered around 10. It feels abusive when you manipulate the viewers with words that you are desperate for questions and then ignore them and pad every question with long backstories about your pro fighting game history.

10 hours ago, BlueEyesWhiteDragon said:

During the last ATK you answered a question about "transformative content" and told your 10 minute long story about Marvel End Game, RiffTrax, and Mystery Science Theater 3000 that you talked about in full a week before and have told on stream at least once every 3 months for the past 5 years. Why? If someone actually cared about the legal standings of playing video games on the internet I'm sure there are thousands if not millions of sources they could find online that are way more informative than the same speech you have already given multiple times. Why not just keep it simple and give a quick 1-2 minute answer that you believe it's legal but it's not actually been tried in court and until it is it's presumed as fair use?

I wanted to ask about his opinion of it in full detail, for several reasons, and it got answered. I felt like it was a better question than asking about a frog-mascot or things like that.

That's just me being me, though.

8 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I wanted to ask about his opinion of it in full detail, for several reasons, and it got answered. I felt like it was a better question than asking about a frog-mascot or things like that.

That's just me being me, though.

Did you know Phil played Street Fighter for 10 years? Did that part satisfy you?

But I do agree, hearing him say "All terms of service agreements are illegal" as a real answer was worth it even if it was long and convoluted. 

Do you think you'll come around to embracing your faults? I'm not saying this in a bad or condescending way, what I mean is embracing the trolls, acknowledging your past mistakes and apologizing for them. The reason is because I think it could possibly cause people to rethink their decision about you. I've seen people ask things among this lines on your social medias. I've been a fan for multiple years and want people to see you as a good person.

• Like 1

If there aren't enough ATK questions why not go through the old ATKs and pick questions that weren't answered? I think half of the questions usually don't get answered.

Did you watch Avengers Endgame, new Lion King, Detective Pikachu? If yes, did you like it?

Do you watch any animes?

I remember you said something about that you can't watch or don't like Marvel movies. Why is that? What about DC movies?

This is not about you since you don't break the rules. H3H3 revealed that Twitch has a secret policy to give their partnered streamers special treatment. They won't ban partners for breaking TOS or getting reported while they will ban others for banal things. What do you think about this practice?

Edited by babymangming456
  • Like 1

Opinions on HBO television series Entourage?

Thoughts on these two videos, what was in your headspace at the time, and how you were able to overcome the obstacles?

Edited by Kazlab802

[In the video above]: You said John Rambo and Howard don't have balls for sitting you down and teaching you how to be a proper friend.

[In the video above]: In a (deleted?) 'Ask the King', you said you would call John Rambo.

[In the video above]: John Rambo says to you, "do what you said you were gonna do, back in August 2014, give me an actual call, give me the call that you promised you were gonna do..." (~1:35:40).

Why haven't you called John Rambo? Seems like you're being the person you claim John is by not talking to him.

AND you always skip the majority of the questions. Especially the interesting ones. Rather, you pick boring (easy) questions. For example, the last 'Ask the King' had many great questions you did not answer.

Edited by WhatIsTheDealYo