The King of Hate Forums
AlkDaRippa

Will the pS or Xbox next gen console model Nintendo

The mobility of The Switch is obviously is number one draw. IMO it makes sense for either Sony or Microsoft to have an “on the go”element. Could a Switch like feature be a determining factor in Xbox v Ps war?

The Nintendo fanbase and PS/Xbox fanbases are very different. Nintendo fanbase is special. Everyone would laugh if Sony/MS released a waggle controller or $60 cardboard or an underpowered tablet but Nintendo fanbase will hype these gimmicks up as the best things ever. If Switch or 3DS didn't have the Nintendo logo on them they wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, AlkDaRippa said:

The mobility of The Switch is obviously is number one draw. IMO it makes sense for either Sony or Microsoft to have an “on the go”element. Could a Switch like feature be a determining factor in Xbox v Ps war?

I wouldn't be surprised, if Microsoft or Sony, made hand held console/gaming, on the go peripherals like the switch.

The mobility of the switch , is actually, one of the main draw attractions of the switch. The other main one, being that nintendo, has a wide library of 1st party games, that other consoles don't have.

The only other console company, that could compete with nintendo in that category, is sega. But they have been out of the console business for a while now.

Edited by musicboy

On 8/10/2019 at 10:35 AM, babymangming456 said:

The Nintendo fanbase and PS/Xbox fanbases are very different. Nintendo fanbase is special. Everyone would laugh if Sony/MS released a waggle controller or $60 cardboard or an underpowered tablet but Nintendo fanbase will hype these gimmicks up as the best things ever. If Switch or 3DS didn't have the Nintendo logo on them they wouldn't be nearly as popular as they are.

Why do I feel that you're using the word "special" as a pejorative?

Well, I googled 'Nintendo fanbase' and the only thing that comes up is negative things, so I guess I'll pass on this one.