The King of Hate Forums
Tahdel

Has anybody tried the Brave web browser?

It's bases of google chrome, it has adblocker and tracker blockers integrated. The browser allows you to earn a small amount of money by looking at ads offered by Brave and donate the money to a youtube or twitch creator that registers with Brave.

I've been using it on mobile, haven't made the switch on desktop. It's been pretty speedy and worked well on my phone. I mostly use Chrome out of habit on desktop and due to plug-ins. I'd definitely recommend trying it to anyone who's looking for an alternative browser. 

One thing to note is that you do not make money from using it or choosing to view ads. You get BAT tokens which are a crypto currency. You can earn them and give them to sites you visit. Those sites/people can then sell the BAT tokens at whatever the market value, keep them, or whatever. It's still in the very early stages but it's going to be interesting to see how it develops.

On 8/10/2019 at 8:20 PM, Tahdel said:

It's bases of google chrome, it has adblocker and tracker blockers integrated. The browser allows you to earn a small amount of money by looking at ads offered by Brave and donate the money to a youtube or twitch creator that registers with Brave.

Nah. Youtubers and streamers make enough. I will support by just watching them. If they have any merch or extra good content fore sale I'll buy that. I will never waste my time purposely watching ads just to support a Youtuber r streamer.

4 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

It's still in the very early stages but it's going to be interesting to see how it develops.

They'll get bought out by a larger company because they don't want competition. There I just saved you years of speculation.

I installed the browser on Saturday and I've already earned $.47 that I can tip to a youtube or Twitch creator that signs up with Brave.

13 hours ago, Tahdel said:

I installed the browser on Saturday and I've already earned $.47 that I can tip to a youtube or Twitch creator that signs up with Brave.

How many adds you looked at/interacted with to get $.47? Just curious.

I'm sure most streamers value more the fact that you're watching, than you tipping.