Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
Tahdel

Has anybody tried the Brave web browser?

Recommended Posts

It's bases of google chrome, it has adblocker and tracker blockers integrated. The browser allows you to earn a small amount of money by looking at ads offered by Brave and donate the money to a youtube or twitch creator that registers with Brave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been using it on mobile, haven't made the switch on desktop. It's been pretty speedy and worked well on my phone. I mostly use Chrome out of habit on desktop and due to plug-ins. I'd definitely recommend trying it to anyone who's looking for an alternative browser. 

One thing to note is that you do not make money from using it or choosing to view ads. You get BAT tokens which are a crypto currency. You can earn them and give them to sites you visit. Those sites/people can then sell the BAT tokens at whatever the market value, keep them, or whatever. It's still in the very early stages but it's going to be interesting to see how it develops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 8:20 PM, Tahdel said:

It's bases of google chrome, it has adblocker and tracker blockers integrated. The browser allows you to earn a small amount of money by looking at ads offered by Brave and donate the money to a youtube or twitch creator that registers with Brave.

Nah. Youtubers and streamers make enough. I will support by just watching them. If they have any merch or extra good content fore sale I'll buy that. I will never waste my time purposely watching ads just to support a Youtuber r streamer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

It's still in the very early stages but it's going to be interesting to see how it develops.

They'll get bought out by a larger company because they don't want competition. There I just saved you years of speculation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed the browser on Saturday and I've already earned $.47 that I can tip to a youtube or Twitch creator that signs up with Brave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tahdel said:

I installed the browser on Saturday and I've already earned $.47 that I can tip to a youtube or Twitch creator that signs up with Brave.

How many adds you looked at/interacted with to get $.47? Just curious.

I'm sure most streamers value more the fact that you're watching, than you tipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...