Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Rage-A-Thon 2019 Voting Thread!

Rage-A-Thon 2019 Voting Thread  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Just now, BroomstickUp said:

What does that mean? Phil can just pick and dispose a game whenever he pleases? Is he Russia? If so, then why even have a poll? Alot of these don't even make any sense.

KOTOR? For a RAGE-A-THON? 

Furi I understand, WoW I understand just get ready to be trolled, Fortnite is cool.

Who the hell wants to see Gears 1 in 2019?

F-Zero GX? Why?

Morrowind? MORROWIND? No sense.

I don't even know what Celeste is.

CTR and SFV are a given regardless of what Phil says. He said he's done everything in CTR. That doesnt matter. Its a rage-a-thon. Not a playthrough. He also said he wont rage in SFV because he doesnt know the controls so he will just fumble do it. Complete bullshit. I think he doesnt want to get his ass whooped over and over again.

Anyways. If there is more fuckery with the poll I won't support, but at least there are more logical choices than nonsense.

Spongebob won the last patrons choice but an executive decision happened and he went with Mario since he said trolls and alts voted for Bikini Bottom if I recall. Would be a terrible look if he doesn't play the remaster day one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Spongebob won the last patrons choice but an executive decision happened and he went with Mario since he said trolls and alts voted for Bikini Bottom if I recall. Would be a terrible look if he doesn't play the remaster day one. 

Can we stop PG13'ing what happened? Executive decision? No. He fucked over the poll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BroomstickUp said:

Can we stop PG13'ing what happened? Executive decision? No. He fucked over the poll.

Of course but he said he made the choice to do SM64. I don't disagree with you but this is what Phil does. Manhunt won the most votes 2 Halloween events ago and it got the least play time all because DSP didn't like the stealth of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blackspawn89 said:

Of course but he said he made the choice to do SM64. I don't disagree with you but this is what Phil does. Manhunt won the most votes 2 Halloween events ago and it got the least play time all because DSP didn't like the stealth of the game. 

See I didnt know all that. Now im really not sure about what games will be in the marathon regardless if they win or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BroomstickUp said:

See I didnt know all that. Now im really not sure about what games will be in the marathon regardless if they win or not.

People who voted WOW should have said online enabled or with Morrowind no tips, backseating etc. those 2 will be pure disasters even if they may have potential. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well obviously you have to play WoW online, there isn't a way to play offline, especially cause hes doing it in a marathon. He can't just turn off the stream to play the game. (Unless theres a way to play WoW offline that I'm unaware of)

*Edit* what I am surprised about is that Furi isn't winning. The rage in that game would be insane!

Edited by Mikleo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Mikleo said:

Well obviously you have to play WoW online, there isn't a way to play offline, especially cause hes doing it in a marathon. He can't just turn off the stream to play the game. (Unless theres a way to play WoW offline that I'm unaware of)

*Edit* what I am surprised about is that Furi isn't winning. The rage in that game would be insane!

If I recall he finished the WOW marathon offline without invaders or people to interfere with his game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, BroomstickUp said:

Can we stop PG13'ing what happened? Executive decision? No. He fucked over the poll.

He said he'll play the Spongebob game when the remaster/whatever gets out.

1 hour ago, BroomstickUp said:

KOTOR? For a RAGE-A-THON?

That one only got 2 nominations, (low compared to others), so it's clear that this is one of the top 2 from Patrons, as he said in the beginning of this thread.

27 minutes ago, Mikleo said:

*Edit* what I am surprised about is that Furi isn't winning. The rage in that game would be insane!

Right now "Furi" is the 2nd least voted, that's a shame. Would be better than some of the rest, in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little disappointing that some games that had enough nominations didn't make it to the poll. If its what the people nominated, let it be as it and let the votes decide.

 

Also thought CTR was for online matches against other people. Not just time trials...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Another_Derich said:

Also thought CTR was for online matches against other people. Not just time trials...

No one that said "CTR"/"Crash Team Racing" specified, (except 1).

4 of them said: 'CTR with an advanced difficulty (low handling) character', 3 said the name, and only one specified with (online).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MoraMoria said:

No one that said "CTR"/"Crash Team Racing" specified, (except 1).

4 of them said: 'CTR with an advanced difficulty (low handling) character', 3 said the name, and only one specified with (online).

Sort of unfortunate. I think playing against people online would be much more rage-inducing than the challenges Who knows. We'll see how it turns out if it makes it into the marathon.

5 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

Troll votes

If its actually troll votes then a mod is probably partially to blame since there is a command in chat telling people to pick Morrowind.

4 hours ago, Osium said:

I don't think it's troll votes. I think some people are hoping that if Phil tries the game out then he will make it into a full playthrough eventually.

I doubt its all trolls. There is certainly at least one person in the stream chat who has been pushing for Morrowind for ages.

2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I think he said something along the lines of: everyone is going to complain that it was not a good idea, and question why was nominated.

Same with "Mario Tennis".

Given his reaction yesterday, I'm surprised he didn't take out SFV and consider it being a bad selection since he said he won't rage. Still would have liked to see UFC and Mario Tennis over some of the games on this list. Especially since we've had whole patron events where people complained about the game not being a good idea and questioned over the decision to carry on with it. Maybe had that not happened in the past, the other games would have made it in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I recall these planned rage events never worked. 

What produces the real salt are normal playthroughs of games that become very hard when you try to bruteforce them.

Like CTR, MGS, Dark Souls, Sekiro, Bloodborne. Phil makes them way too harder than they are because of his play style.

 

If put Morrowind on the list why not Bloodstained too?

5 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

Troll votes

If they are trolls then why did Nightbot say to vote for Morrowind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

A little disappointing that some games that had enough nominations didn't make it to the poll. If its what the people nominated, let it be as it and let the votes decide.

 

Also thought CTR was for online matches against other people. Not just time trials...

Challenges will be funner especially if it's the break the box ones or the CTR ones. There is also an incentive in doing this as this is the only way to get to take on Oxide in the TRUE final boss race. Phil beat him 1st try on the normal ending. Oxide on true ending mode is as hard as Pinstripe was. 

Edited by Blackspawn89
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Challenges will be funner especially if it's the break the box ones or the CTR ones. There is also an incentive in doing this as this is the only way to get to take on Oxide in the TRUE final boss race. Phil beat him 1st try on the normal ending. 

Fair enough. I can understand that. Given the current votes, we have a very good chance of seeing this. If he gets far enough to face the true final boss, that could be pretty entertaining rage.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mikleo said:

Well obviously you have to play WoW online, there isn't a way to play offline

I'm assuming they mean to not stream it on Twitch since, as you say, there is no offline mode for WoW. When he first played WoW, he ended up making a new character off-stream so people couldn't find him. Obviously playing off-cam would not work for a Twitch exclusive stream. 

Honestly if he was going to do a WoW Rage-A-Thon, it may be better from an audience perspective if he waited until the Classic servers release later this month. There will be lots of competition for mobs, lag, and the leveling is slower and it's easier to die. He'd also be able to cash in on people's nostalgia and desire to see someone who is a WoW virgin (mostly) getting a Vanilla experience live. The biggest problem would be queues...

2 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Morrowind no tips, backseating etc. those 2 will be pure disasters even if they may have potential. 

Yup. If backseating/hand-holding is allowed for Morrowind it's probably not going to be very rage inducing, especially if he only plays for 2-3 hours. Honestly I could see Morrowind being OK for a Ragethrough with rules (minimal backseating, etc) but for a short session where everyone is telling you what to do, it may fall short. We'll see!

Barring KotR which is a real head-scratcher of a choice for a Rage-a-Thon, I'd say the choices are overall pretty good.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

I'm assuming they mean to not stream it on Twitch since, as you say, there is no offline mode for WoW. When he first played WoW, he ended up making a new character off-stream so people couldn't find him. Obviously playing off-cam would not work for a Twitch exclusive stream. 

Honestly if he was going to do a WoW Rage-A-Thon, it may be better from an audience perspective if he waited until the Classic servers release later this month. There will be lots of competition for mobs, lag, and the leveling is slower and it's easier to die. He'd also be able to cash in on people's nostalgia and desire to see someone who is a WoW virgin (mostly) getting a Vanilla experience live. The biggest problem would be queues.

 

Well classic is coming out in 2 weeks.. so it just depends on when he is gonna do the marathon.

As for WoW being played off stream, i feel that he wouldn't do that since he is almost completely reliant on stream contributions now vs before he did whatever he wanted and didn't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

He said he'll play the Spongebob game when the remaster/whatever gets out.

That one only got 2 nominations, (low compared to others), so it's clear that this is one of the top 2 from Patrons, as he said in the beginning of this thread.

How come it can't just be as simple as just whatever wins, play it? Why is it always these excuses and hidden rules for fans to get a game to be played only for an "executive decision" *cough* low contributions *cough* to cut the game short? The fans helped Phil out of a half a dozen financial messes and he xant even play the game thats nominated without complaining? If these actions and attitude were in any other job position in the world, they would've been gone.

2 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

Also thought CTR was for online matches against other people. Not just time trials...

Yeah, time trials? Who the hell wants to see that?

2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

No one that said "CTR"/"Crash Team Racing" specified, (except 1).

4 of them said: 'CTR with an advanced difficulty (low handling) character', 3 said the name, and only one specified with (online).

Why do the fans have to specify what would be more entertaining to watch to a 37 year old gamer that has been doing this for 10 years in front of an audience? Its obvious online would be better for a rage-a-thon. Even challenges.

Stop with the semantics.

1 hour ago, GuessWhat said:

 

Im into it!

1 hour ago, thesorrows said:

Your post is completely invalid based on this quote alone LOL

I dont play Nintedo games anymore. Im 29 years old and anything released after the Wii is for children, but retro stuff like what I saw in Celeste I would think to be entertaining for an audience.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BroomstickUp said:

Why do the fans have to specify what would be more entertaining to watch to a 37 year old gamer that has been doing this for 10 years in front of an audience? Its obvious online would be better for a rage-a-thon. Even challenges.

Stop with the semantics.

I was merely stating a fact, just as an informative remark. However I do agree that CTR -(Online) will be better, so @Phil could just ask Twitch chat what do they want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vote Ninja Gaiden, Star Wars, and Gears of War. Also I agree that UFC online would’ve been a good choice. Too bad it’s TOO rage inducing right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, babymangming456 said:

If put Morrowind on the list why not Bloodstained too?

If they are trolls then why did Nightbot say to vote for Morrowind?

Because thats the game Phils playing regardless of the votes, NightBot has been saying that since last week way before the voting happend/started. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

I'm assuming they mean to not stream it on Twitch since, as you say, there is no offline mode for WoW. When he first played WoW, he ended up making a new character off-stream so people couldn't find him. Obviously playing off-cam would not work for a Twitch exclusive stream. 

Honestly if he was going to do a WoW Rage-A-Thon, it may be better from an audience perspective if he waited until the Classic servers release later this month. There will be lots of competition for mobs, lag, and the leveling is slower and it's easier to die. He'd also be able to cash in on people's nostalgia and desire to see someone who is a WoW virgin (mostly) getting a Vanilla experience live. The biggest problem would be queues...

Yup. If backseating/hand-holding is allowed for Morrowind it's probably not going to be very rage inducing, especially if he only plays for 2-3 hours. Honestly I could see Morrowind being OK for a Ragethrough with rules (minimal backseating, etc) but for a short session where everyone is telling you what to do, it may fall short. We'll see!

Barring KotR which is a real head-scratcher of a choice for a Rage-a-Thon, I'd say the choices are overall pretty good.

 

He'll play each game 1-1.5 hours (though sometimes less).  5 games at 60-90mins each is all there is time for as his 'marathons' are only 7-8hrs long with frequent breaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...