The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Rage-A-Thon 2019 Voting Thread!

Rage-A-Thon 2019 Voting Thread  

133 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So... another rage-free Rage-a-thon event then? Sigh...

Absolutely have to agree with Phil on this one, 100%. A lot of people nominating games have totally missed the point of this event (which is nothing new either). Greater control should be given to DSP so he can pick the nominations for events, or else people won't tune in or contribute. So hopefully, he'll step in this time and sort things out. 

52 minutes ago, SirDumass said:

Absolutely have to agree with Phil on this one, 100%. A lot of people nominating games have totally missed the point of this event

No one wants to see fake rage. It's better for people to nominate games they want to see him play than some stupid indie game no one wants to see.

If he knows better games then he should put them on the poll.

His suggestions were: Super Meat Boy, I Wanna Be The Guy,  SMM2. People didn't suggest them because no one wants to see that boring stuff.

A number of suggestions got ignored, see https://thekingofhate.com/forums/topic/4879-august-2019-rage-a-thon-nominations-thread/

He's the one who's putting up the final poll, don't blame the fans for everything. 

CTR on hard? NO

Doom on hard? NO

Level1 or speedrun of DS/BB? NO

Bloodstained? NO

FNAF2? NO

MGS on hard? NO

Only around 40 people posted suggestions but around 500 people watch him. Don't blame the people who suggested something, blame the 90% of viewers who don't care.

Though the main problem is that the idea of a (fake)rageathon, "suggest games that make me rage", is stupid.

With such dumb premise it's not going to work.

Edited by babymangming456
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Osium said:

I don't think it's troll votes. I think some people are hoping that if Phil tries the game out then he will make it into a full playthrough eventually.

I love elder scrolls games but Morrowind has the worst main quest of any I've ever played.

10 hours ago, BroomstickUp said:

I dont play Nintedo games anymore. Im 29 years old and anything released after the Wii is for children, but retro stuff like what I saw in Celeste I would think to be entertaining for an audience.

LOL! We have a badass over here (no, it is not for children)

10 hours ago, BroomstickUp said:

How come it can't just be as simple as just whatever wins, play it? Why is it always these excuses and hidden rules for fans to get a game to be played only for an "executive decision" *cough* low contributions *cough* to cut the game short? The fans helped Phil out of a half a dozen financial messes and he xant even play the game thats nominated without complaining? If these actions and attitude were in any other job position in the world, they would've been gone.

He WILL play SpongeBob. None of the fans complained.

15 hours ago, BroomstickUp said:

F-Zero GX? Why?.

Because this game has tone of rage moments

7 hours ago, SirDumass said:

Absolutely have to agree with Phil on this one, 100%. A lot of people nominating games have totally missed the point of this event (which is nothing new either). Greater control should be given to DSP so he can pick the nominations for events, or else people won't tune in or contribute. So hopefully, he'll step in this time and sort things out. 

Ppl already contributed. The event was a sub goal and the sub count was reached. Remember that? Anything else he gets during the event stream is extra.

7 hours ago, SirDumass said:

Greater control should be given to DSP so he can pick the nominations for events, or else people won't tune in or contribute.

The trolls will contribute regardless because they are idiots. "Im going to send an insult to Phil for $5 a pop!" You're a moron.

1 hour ago, LastRambo341 said:

LOL! We have a badass over here (no, it is not for children)

Im not a badass. Its just for kids. Look at this ad.

58dcd7d31dd94508b548433c371a0ad9_Large.thumb.jpg.bd100834e6ba425c1fd6066505ffb03d.jpg

You'll never see anything like that on a Playstation or Xbox. You're just a product of arrested development, which is fine, as long as you get over it by 21.

9 minutes ago, Cappuccino said:

Ppl already contributed. The event was a sub goal and the sub count was reached. Remember that? Anything else he gets during the event stream is extra.

To be honest people would of been better off to just watch a compilation on Phil's Street Fighter videos and would of been just as satisfied

53 minutes ago, BroomstickUp said:

Im not a badass. Its just for kids. Look at this ad.

58dcd7d31dd94508b548433c371a0ad9_Large.thumb.jpg.bd100834e6ba425c1fd6066505ffb03d.jpg

You'll never see anything like that on a Playstation or Xbox. You're just a product of arrested development, which is fine, as long as you get over it by 21.

I did not buy it because it does not appeal to me. The Switch has games for children, teenagers and adults.

Try again later.

• Like 1

The event should be about playing popular games on hard and generally agreed hard games. How many times people asked to play a game on hard...

The pretense of having to rage at the games should be dropped.

Fixed.

Then no one needs to complain if the games cause fake rage or not. It would just be hard games, people like watching those in general, rage or not.

Also Phil should add his own picks. He should know the best what he wants to play.

2 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

I did not buy it because it does not appeal to me. The Switch has games for children, teenagers and adults.

If you think so. Time to get back on the thread topic.

830117220_Screenshot_2019-08-15-03-40-162.thumb.png.19e1619271eac98b2165a94620ee1012.png

54 minutes ago, babymangming456 said:

Then no one needs to complain if the games cause fake rage or not.

If anything is faked, then that content doesn't deserve to be monitized. The fans should decide what they want to watch because at the end, they are paying for everything.

35 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

This isnt the place to discuss how insecure you are about owning a Nintendo as a grown adult, man. This tread is about the rage-a-thon.

8 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

I love elder scrolls games but Morrowind has the worst main quest of any I've ever played.

I don't remember anything about Morrowind's main quest to be honest. I've always just screwed around in the game, messing with magic creation, exploring and doing random side quests.

13 hours ago, SirDumass said:

Someone else in this thread said that Phil could explain the criteria much better for the nominations, or even make a list of games that should not be eligible, that could help.

3 hours ago, babymangming456 said:

The event should be about playing popular games on hard and generally agreed hard games. How many times people asked to play a game on hard...

The pretense of having to rage at the games should be dropped.

Fixed.

Then no one needs to complain if the games cause fake rage or not. It would just be hard games, people like watching those in general, rage or not.

Also Phil should add his own picks. He should know the best what he wants to play.

You know some people nominated games only for Phil to check them and maybe play them in the future, like "Fire Emblem", or even "Kotor", so I still don't know why you nominated "Fire Emblem", if you think what you just said.

I agree on the hard-games criteria, but with only 1-2 hours of gameplay per each, he might not get to the interesting parts.

12 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

so I still don't know why you nominated "Fire Emblem"

Judging from Phil's reactions to Anthem, Fire Emblem, Bloodstained, Apex solo-mode those games seem to be quite rage inducing to Phil.

Too bad Apex didn't make it even though it induces rage when someone asks him to play it. He always gets into a long rant why solo mode is shit because he said so.

Apex solo seems like it would be a perfect game for this event. 

26 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Someone else in this thread said that Phil could explain the criteria much better for the nominations

There's always some hidden rules for nominations. If you try to nominate interesting games they still won't get picked. The best thing is to nominate anything you want to see him play and wait if some of it passes the hidden rules.

"Celeste" had a ton of nominations, but now it's not doing so good in the poll.

I guess everyone knows at this point that the nominations thread is not really representative of what the viewers want to see, simply because they didn't bother to participate for one reason or another.

He could do Twitch polls, (either with Nightbot or Moobot), for choosing, and if not for games, for the game-mode, like asking the chat if they want Online or not.

21 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

"Celeste" had a ton of nominations, but now it's not doing so good in the poll.

I guess everyone knows at this point that the nominations thread is not really representative of what the viewers want to see, simply because they didn't bother to participate for one reason or another.

He could do Twitch polls, (either with Nightbot or Moobot), for choosing, and if not for games, for the game-mode, like asking the chat if they want Online or not.

The event has been ruined by putting this outside the Patreon forum IMO. I have brought this up before but to no avail. What is stopping multiple alts from voting for games and willing them to get brought into the voting stage or even during this phase? 

1-2 games of the 4 should be voted by the patrons and the two highest chosen would have been locked in to be played while 2 other games are chosen by the public and you go from there. 

Edited by Blackspawn89

11 minutes ago, Blackspawn89 said:

The event has been ruined by putting this outside the Patreon forum IMO. I have brought this up before but to no avail. What is stopping multiple alts from voting for games and willing them to get brought into the voting stage or even during this phase? 

1-2 games of the 4 should be voted by the patrons and the two highest chosen would have been locked in to be played while 2 other games are chosen by the public and you go from there. 

Only 2 or 3 people even bothered to vote for anything in the patreon section. That's how dead the patreon section is nowadays lol

27 minutes ago, Mikleo said:

Only 2 or 3 people even bothered to vote for anything in the patreon section. That's how dead the patreon section is nowadays lol

That is true but I think bringing this outside the patreon forum may have help do that in. That and the Patreon goals being vanished too. 

16 hours ago, SirDumass said:

When you know rage stuff is coming, its a lot easier to temper your expectations and not be as upset and that even goes for when its inadvertent. Planned rage that seems authentic isn't something that works out all that well. Phil and others should keep in mind that people who vote these things will most likely either be playing games that he complains about or ones that they can needle him during to annoy and pester him so he blows up. Others will vote for games that they want him to start off and possibly play at a later date.

Phil doesn't need greater control. He already has too much control as is. There are about 2 or 3 games that should have been eligible that are not in the list of games to be played here due to executive decision. People wanted it yet it is denied from the second stage of voting. It would make even less sense for Phil to pick his own nominations when he says he wants the power to be in the viewers hands. There is no way we should have events where Phil removes games AND adds his own nominations. He already also influences game choices when he talks about what people are doing on steam. I bet you this probably backfired a bit and caused Street Fighter 5 to get some bonus votes because he seemed annoyed about it being chosen again this year on stream a couple of days ago. This is a reward for people contributing so no, he shouldn't step in and change things so people will contribute. They'll do that regardless.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

When you know rage stuff is coming, its a lot easier to temper your expectations and not be as upset and that even goes for when its inadvertent. Planned rage that seems authentic isn't something that works out all that well. Phil and others should keep in mind that people who vote these things will most likely either be playing games that he complains about or ones that they can needle him during to annoy and pester him so he blows up. Others will vote for games that they want him to start off and possibly play at a later date.

Phil doesn't need greater control. He already has too much control as is. There are about 2 or 3 games that should have been eligible that are not in the list of games to be played here due to executive decision. People wanted it yet it is denied from the second stage of voting. It would make even less sense for Phil to pick his own nominations when he says he wants the power to be in the viewers hands. There is no way we should have events where Phil removes games AND adds his own nominations. He already also influences game choices when he talks about what people are doing on steam. I bet you this probably backfired a bit and caused Street Fighter 5 to get some bonus votes because he seemed annoyed about it being chosen again this year on stream a couple of days ago. This is a reward for people contributing so no, he shouldn't step in and change things so people will contribute. They'll do that regardless.

Too be honest last nights MK 11 MP was good enough for me because he didn't plan on raging and did anyway. This planned rage stuff isn't my cup of tea, I mean how can you plan a rage? This event should be called "Games I dont want to play" its more fitting.

16 hours ago, ElectricSheepDreams said:

He'll play each game 1-1.5 hours (though sometimes less). 

Damn, really? If so that seriously cuts down on possibilities. For example, Morrowind isn't going to make anyone rage in an hour. Hell, the first 30 minutes will be character creation, getting off the boat and talking to NPCs. Basically, any game that doesn't jump straight into the action would be bad for this format IMO. 

In the future he may want to try a different format. For 6-8 hours, go with 2-3 games at 2-3 hours each. This allows for games that aren't non-stop gameplay rage but can cause rage moments. It also allows for some interesting run formats like Diablo 3 Hardcore mode, Dark Souls level 1 run, etc.

That's not to say he can't use both formats for different rage-a-thons. Keep this current one for the more non-stop rage games like I Wanna Be the Guy, Getting Over It, Street Fighter, Super Meat Boy, etc. 

34 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

Too be honest last nights MK 11 MP was good enough for me because he didn't plan on raging and did anyway. This planned rage stuff isn't my cup of tea, I mean how can you plan a rage? This event should be called "Games I dont want to play" its more fitting.

Right. That impromptu rage from things like competitive games that gets exacerbated by trolls coming out to bother him and get annoyed is the kind of rage people like. Premeditated rage just doesn't work the same way or is as effective I think.

15 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Damn, really? If so that seriously cuts down on possibilities. For example, Morrowind isn't going to make anyone rage in an hour. Hell, the first 30 minutes will be character creation, getting off the boat and talking to NPCs. Basically, any game that doesn't jump straight into the action would be bad for this format IMO. 

In the future he may want to try a different format. For 6-8 hours, go with 2-3 games at 2-3 hours each. This allows for games that aren't non-stop gameplay rage but can cause rage moments. It also allows for some interesting run formats like Diablo 3 Hardcore mode, Dark Souls level 1 run, etc.

That's not to say he can't use both formats for different rage-a-thons. Keep this current one for the more non-stop rage games like I Wanna Be the Guy, Getting Over It, Street Fighter, Super Meat Boy, etc. 

Yes, unfortunately the time for the games feels pretty short and longer games that have a narrative suffer compared to games you can just jump right into.

@Phil, once had a goal that was for a 12 hour marathon. Not only do I think that should be a a good fit for this kind of special marathon goal, it might even work as a monthly goal. Whether that is just a once-a-month special for fans or the format for all marathons moving forward. Give these games time to breathe and be played for a decent amount of time. Especially when we will be getting a pre-stream and 30 minute breaks dispersed through the stream.

Phil should know himself the best he won't rage for the event. Just look at the videos of games he suggested himself: Super Meat Boy, I Wanna Be The Guy,  SMM2.

If he has to play games that require strong concentration it's going to be hours of dead air.

It's not even funny to watch him fail in some ugly indie game or a 2D platformer.

People ask him to play games on hard and he always refuses, the event could be made around that. It's something that would please the viewers, it's a no-brainer.

An event where he plays games he normally refuses to but people want to see them (Bloodstained, FE, Apex) would be a really great idea too.