The King of Hate Forums
Cappuccino

Astral chain

@Phil "Will I play Astral Chain? Umm, it's not in the cards! If it comes out and it's critically acclaimed with everyone telling me to play, THEN I might consider it."

How much “critically acclaimed” are we talking about here?

• Like 1

It's on a Nintendo console, you need to substract 1.5 points to get the actual score.

Games on Nintendo consoles are usually rated higher, else the kids get a hissy fit and harass the reviewers, like with BOTW.

2 hours ago, babymangming456 said:

It's on a Nintendo console, you need to substract 1.5 points to get the actual score.

Games on Nintendo consoles are usually rated higher, else the kids get a hissy fit and harass the reviewers, like with BOTW.

Wut u re saying make no sense and no proof whatsoever. Its nintendo’s new IP, theres no old fanbase to bitch about the score.

If you dont trust reviewers, watch the gameplay yourself then. If u have some experience in action games, you should be able to tell the combat is fluid and look very promising. With platinum games name attached to it, the game should be on your pick up list unless action genre is not your thing.

Edited by Cappuccino

Are you seriously telling me that Platinum games doesn't put out critically acclaimed titles? Did he never play Bayonetta or Nier automata?

22 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Are you seriously telling me that Platinum games doesn't put out critically acclaimed titles? Did he never play Bayonetta or Nier automata?

He hated Bayonetta 2 and barely liked Nier: A and whined about having to play more for the real ending. Ended up saying Platinum doesn't put out good games.

This led to his decision that Astral Chain is shit and not worth his time, plus he now says he hates cartoon graphics.

22 hours ago, babymangming456 said:

Actually, that goes for PS4, X1 and PC games 

2 hours ago, Etika said:

He hated Bayonetta 2 and barely liked Nier: A and whined about having to play more for the real ending. Ended up saying Platinum doesn't put out good games.

Now that you reminded me, I forgot that he never beat Nier automata. What a waste, that game was amazing. Especially Route C which blew my mind.

12 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

He hated Metal Gear Rising's difficulty, never cared for Bayonetta 1 and 2's, only did one route of Nier Automata, didn't care for Star Fox on Wii U or their take on TMNT. I don't think he has liked one of Kamiya/P*'s games. 

2 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

He hated Metal Gear Rising's difficulty, never cared for Bayonetta 1 and 2's, only did one route of Nier Automata, didn't care for Star Fox on Wii U or their take on TMNT. I don't think he has liked one of Kamiya/P*'s games. 

Hm, thought he liked one of their games at one point. Was it the transformers game?

I really dont understand why he goes out of his way to avoid the game. He played multiple action games and played harder games before. Doubt it being harder than dark souls.

the game has hype = good for streamer

the game looks good = attractive to gamers

But nope, doesnt care. At this point its either phil hates nintendo, hates platinum games or is just that out of touch. Cant find any other explanation.

43 minutes ago, Cappuccino said:

I really dont understand why he goes out of his way to avoid the game.

It might be that his new audience doesn't like action games. Because he can't answer their questions.

11 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

I don't know if any of that is true, but if so whooooooooooooo...that's some bad taste in games.

I'm gonna see if I can start reloading Astral tonight.

14 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

That is incorrect in regards to Bayonetta 1, he did a hateful truth review of it.

Star Fox WiiU was universally criticised.

On 8/29/2019 at 12:21 AM, LastRambo341 said:

That is incorrect in regards to Bayonetta 1, he did a hateful truth review of it.

Star Fox WiiU was universally criticised.

He raged at it from the get go due to the infamous hole in the gate and would constantly rag on the developers for the QTE cheap deaths and some difficult portions. Phil usually will recap(Especially nowadays) and praise the game but he still says the same stuff while playing a game.

And I agree about Star Fox Wii U but it doesn't change that Phil disliked it. The only Platinum game I can think off the top he liked is Anarchy Reigns and I think the Transformers game. 

Edited by Blackspawn89

On 8/28/2019 at 8:23 PM, babymangming456 said:

It might be that his new audience doesn't like action games. Because he can't answer their questions.

Why wouldn't they? A fair amount of people like it when he plays fighting games, and he only answers between matches. The troll questions accumulate during Prestream, and they have the chill-streams for asking the more "in depth" ones.