The King of Hate Forums
FloydMayweather

What did you guys think of the 2019 rage-a-thon?

Man I gotta give it a 2/10. Why on earth was Morrowind on there? WoW classic was a waste of time, SFV was actually ok. 

He should of played MK11 ranked, would of been a better choice than all those

Edited by FloydMayweather

It was bad. Very bad. Honestly, I hope he stops the event from now on. I don't think it really works. Even if you look at it from the perspective of being a viewers choice mish-mash of games, it didn't seem like the stream went over too well. Morrowind was on there because it was heavily promoted and probably to get him to do a full playthrough of it someday. Essentially having him play a "demo" of the game. WoW was awful. Nothing happened but the reaction to the trolling was probably the only halfway decent thing. Most of it was just running with some menus being shown every now and then to try and stop the issue. CTR was very meh.

There seems to be a greater presence of "rage' in chill streams at this point. Whether that is from cheers/tips baiting him into a rant or just rage from the actual game. Probably in part because it isn't planned and also because the games actually support it (especially something like the SF collection).

I'm not sure whether to blame "trolls" for screwing around with the polls and what was chosen or to blame "fans" for picking bad stuff. I mean we at least know the patrons had a record of choosing things that the general viewing audience didn't feel too great about in the past. The same issue may be extending from having a fully open option.

Also, I think some of the games that were ruled out would have made more sense to have in the final list than some of the games we saw yesterday.

If I had to score it, maybe a 3/10 off the back of SFV and Ninja Gaiden Black

I liked it, but I think the breaks in between games are too long. In  addition, why call it a marathon when the total stream time is around the same length as a regular streaming day?

Oh yea my score. I give it a slice of pizza/ Eric Andre. 

31 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

Man I gotta give it a 2/10. Why on earth was Morrowind on there? WoW classic was a waste of time, SFV was actually ok.

I think Morrowind was there because people wanted a full playthough of it, like @Another_Derich says, (same idea some people had for Fire Emblem); CTR because the online "rage", but since he wasn't doing a full playthrough or was pressured to finish it, (and apparently didn't remember the controls), that's what we got; World Of Warcraft because of the possible trolling, which translated in him running away and wasting time in menus, (Did anyone see this coming?); and Ninja Gaiden Black because it's supposedly very hard, (But all I heard was him complaining about the camera and lock system, in his words: "this game is garbage").

All the "rage" I saw was about the online-connection, lag, and the same thing about SFV being a guessing game.

15 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

It was bad. Very bad. Honestly, I hope he stops the event from now on. I don't think it really works. Even if you look at it from the perspective of being a viewers choice mish-mash of games, it didn't seem like the stream went over too well. Morrowind was on there because it was heavily promoted and probably to get him to do a full playthrough of it someday. Essentially having him play a "demo" of the game. WoW was awful. Nothing happened but the reaction to the trolling was probably the only halfway decent thing. Most of it was just running with some menus being shown every now and then to try and stop the issue. CTR was very meh.

There seems to be a greater presence of "rage' in chill streams at this point. Whether that is from cheers/tips baiting him into a rant or just rage from the actual game. Probably in part because it isn't planned and also because the games actually support it (especially something like the SF collection).

In my opinion the premise of the "Rage"-a-Thon isn't very good, because for one, it creates expectatives that are not met. People chose World Of Warcraft because the trolling would make him rage, look what happened.

If he's going to do it, though, I'd suggest games that are action based & difficult right away, which is why I nominated Furi & Hotline Miami 2, Celeste was a good idea too.

Phil should know what he expects from this event, he should lay out more specific criteria for the next one, or like someone else said, he could make a list with the best games for this.

• Upvote 1

The first 30 minutes of WOW were fun but then he deliberately played it as boring as possible. He should try to do quests. No one wanted to see him aimlessly running around. People vote for a rage inducing game then he refuses to play it because it's too rage inducing.

I wanted to see CTR on hard.

Besides trolls in WOW these events won't cause any rage because there's no reason to win and progress unlike a normal playthrough. Why would playing a game for an hour then dropping it forever cause rage?

He should outline criteria what he wants to play for the event. It looks like he wants to play precise platformers (mario maker, meat boy). Those won't make him look bad even when he fails.

2 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

People chose World Of Warcraft because the trolling would make him rage, look what happened.

It made him rage internally, the only rage you would get out of this.

7 minutes ago, babymangming456 said:

It made him rage internally, the only rage you would get out of this.

I don't think so. Just disgusted by the comments they put regarding his wife. He knew what was going to happen, no other insult is going to make him "rage" when expected.

Maybe insults with some other nonsense on Twitter, not in-game.

I saw a good bit of the WoW segment and yeah it was boring. Yes it's lame you can't block group invites but I'm pretty sure he never tried blocking those people as was suggested by chat many times since doing that (I believe) blocks group invites. He also kept saying he couldn't do quests even though chat, again, told him repeatedly that he can do them because mob credit goes to first hit and he's a hunter which has an insta-cast. He obviously didn't want to even play WoW again and, given that he didn't even try to do anything other than run around randomly, it felt that he sabotaged it so he could say "See? I told you guys it'd be boring!"

As others have said, I think the current setup undermines the purpose of the Rage-a-Thon. Why get pissed that you can't progress in a game when you know you're only going to play it for 2 hours and never again?

Suggested changes:

1) Less games. For 8 hours of gameplay, limit to 1-2 games

2) Play only 1 game but have goals that must be reached, else the stream can't end or some other negative thing happens. Examples: Dark Souls naked run, must defeat Ornstein and Smough. God of War NG+ on highest difficulty, must get to Freya. Fallout 4 survival difficulty, no mods, must find Sean.

The game choices weren't so great IMO. Games like Furi would have been better choices, I think people forget that Phil is only doing 1-2 hour playthroughs and that's all. Nothing else. That's why the MMORPG choices didn't make much sense. 

But it's also on Phil because the more he says he won't play said game or said genre, the more people when given the choice to influence choices even if behind a paywall will take advantage of such. If Phil refuses to play SFV for example, OF COURSE people when given the chance to will pick that game. Same with Scarface. Same with MMORPGs. People pick these game choices because there is no other way they will be chosen except paying him to play those games in the effort it gets enough backing to get it played. 

I watched bits and pieces, it was pretty much what I expected. Some games he's played before and some games that don't involve any raging.

All the perfect rage games on the original list didn't even get played like Celeste.

Of course there was trolling in WoW, what else did you think would happen?

WoW could have been much better. Not for rage tho but for gameplay. If u look carefully, the trolls are not that many this time. With WoW classic trolls couldnt just fly/ride to where he is instantly. From what i saw there were less than 10. Could easily block them all and it would take them time to remake and get to him.

also, if he knew this would happen and played WoW vanilla before for total of 12 months (or 7-8 months bcos he changed his story) he should be no stranger to addons. Its as easy as downloading a zip file, extract the file, drag and drop in WoW addon folder. Done.

Hes so clueless for someone who played WoW vanilla for a year. If he was older i would ve assumed he got Alzheimers already.

42 minutes ago, Cappuccino said:

Hes so clueless for someone who played WoW vanilla for a year. If he was older i would ve assumed he got Alzheimers already.

LOL. Anyways, did you see any of his of vids during that marathon?

Edited by GuessWhat

11 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

LOL. Anyways, did you see any of his of vids during that marathon?

I watched his WoW gameplay, a lil bit of crash and morrowind. I heard SFV has the most rage in it.

7 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

All the perfect rage games on the original list didn't even get played like Celeste.

You sure Celeste is a perfect rage game if he never rages at this type of games and they are super boring to watch on top of that?

2 hours ago, Cappuccino said:

also, if he knew this would happen and played WoW vanilla before for total of 12 months (or 7-8 months bcos he changed his story) he should be no stranger to addons. Its as easy as downloading a zip file, extract the file, drag and drop in WoW addon folder. Done.

Of course he could do it ... if he cared. In the time he was ranting how you need addons he could have installed all of them.