Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
LastRambo341

What kind of marathons would you like to see?

Recommended Posts


As you know, Phil did many marathons such as Indie games, rage-inducing games, rockband etc.

Which type of marathon would you like to see? I personally would love to see a PS VR marathon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cappuccino said:

Good action rpg that require skill and attention. 1-2 games per marathon tops. No walking sim, no chills. If not action then its strategy rpg.

Do those not take a long time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indie marathons are way more interesting.

Preferably when they are games that he hasn't played before, otherwise people make him play the same games all the time which is why his last ones sucked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Action & platformer games, including Indie ones that would make chat "hand-holding" irrelevant, because it depends on his level of skill, they can be retro as well. (Preferably on hard mode if available).

Such games that come to mind right now would be: Furi, Hotline Miami 2, Celeste, Nex Machina, Binding of Isaac, Ninja Gaiden (SNES), Super Ghouls n Ghosts (SNES), Super Hydorah, Risk of Rain (because of the difficulty it might be a great choice or a bad one, depends on Phil's skills and adaptability), and I'm sure there's more.

I've seen some streams of some of these games at some point, and it was fun. I'd also limit the amount of breaks if possible, and do less games per marathon, so that for the next one he still has good choices. It would also help him concentrate in progressing in the game, because he's playing each one more time than he normally would.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

I would just want the marathon to  be marathon.streamLength >=  regular.streamLength * 2.

How long would that be? 10 hours in a row? XD

8 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Indie marathons are way more interesting.

Preferably when they are games that he hasn't played before, otherwise people make him play the same games all the time which is why his last ones sucked.

He played four and only two lead him to rage

7 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Action & platformer games, including Indie ones that would make chat "hand-holding" irrelevant, because it depends on his level of skill, they can be retro as well. (Preferably on hard mode if available).

Such games that come to mind right now would be: Furi, Hotline Miami 2, Celeste, Nex Machina, Binding of Isaac, Ninja Gaiden (SNES), Super Ghouls n Ghosts (SNES), Super Hydorah, Risk of Rain (because of the difficulty it might be a great choice or a bad one, depends on Phil's skills and adaptability), and I'm sure there's more.

I've seen some streams of some of these games at some point, and it was fun. I'd also limit the amount of breaks if possible, and do less games per marathon, so that for the next one he still has good choices. It would also help him concentrate in progressing in the game, because he's playing each one more time than he normally would.

Are these games hard in the beginning or overtime?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, babymangming456 said:

A marathon where Phil tries to get good at games like Souls, MGS. Never going to happen though, action games aren't good for interactions.

Get good? He already played each game 2 or 3 times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, babymangming456 said:

Yes, and? How does it mean he's good at them?

1. Played out

2. He did well in them, especially when you compare to the first playthroughs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

Played out

I'm sure a lot of people would like to watch him replay good games than the new stuff.

19 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

He did well in them

A lot of people would argue about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

Are these games hard in the beginning or overtime?

Furi (If he starts with the sniper should be hard enough)

Hotline Miami 2, Super Hydorah (Not that much, but fun for a stream)

Celeste, Binding of Isaac (Not that sure)

Nex Machina (Gets difficult quickly enough)

Ninja Gaiden (SNES), Super Ghouls n Ghosts (SNES), Risk of Rain (Difficult since the beginning, specially for the last 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Super Ghouls n Ghosts (SNES)

I remember playing that for a bit, that was difficult. Half of the games chosen for the marathon were not rage-inducing

 

7 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

Yea or however long his daily stream lengths are * 2.

Did Phil not say that would be exhausting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

I remember playing that for a bit, that was difficult. Half of the games chosen for the marathon were not rage-inducing

Then which VR-games would you like him to play? I don't know which are the good ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Action games, platformers, variety/assortment marathons. For the last suggestion, its more like unknown stuff, hidden games, B or C tier stuff with commentary on top, old games he hasn't experienced, etc, Something akin to those random XBLA games he'd try out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Then which VR-games would you like him to play? I don't know which are the good ones.

Blood & Truth

The Inpatient

Robinson: The Journey

Farpoint (But better with the Aim controller)

Persistence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 12:18 AM, LastRambo341 said:

Did Phil not say that would be exhausting?

How many hours of gameplay are in a typical stream? I think most would consider a marathon stream to be, bare minimum, 8 hours but more like 10-12.

Yes, it's exhausting. That's why it's a marathon, not a normal stream. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 12:18 AM, LastRambo341 said:

 

 

Did Phil not say that would be exhausting?

True. However, MARATHONS should be the events that occur rarely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 4:58 PM, VertigoTeaparty said:

How many hours of gameplay are in a typical stream? I think most would consider a marathon stream to be, bare minimum, 8 hours but more like 10-12.

Yes, it's exhausting. That's why it's a marathon, not a normal stream. :p

8 hours ago, GuessWhat said:

True. However, MARATHONS should be the events that occur rarely. 

You're both right. I watched at some point a streamer who did a 24 hours marathon, and it was a bad idea. They ended up almost falling asleep because of exhaustion, (because it was actually 24 hours, with only quick breaks for the restroom).

Overdoing it is counterproductive, but it should have a minimum of hours, higher than what Phil has done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think more so than just being a "marathon" it has to be an event that is different than normal gameplay streams. This means having a gimmick for the marathong either inagme (like achievement hunting or 100%ing, etc. Or out of game like wearing a costume, doing special things like karaoke for large donations or Co-op gameplay.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

You're both right. I watched at some point a streamer who did a 24 hours marathon, and it was a bad idea. They ended up almost falling asleep because of exhaustion, (because it was actually 24 hours, with only quick breaks for the restroom).

It's not THAT bad. I've done 1 24-25 hour stream every year for the past ~5 years for Extra Life. It's tough sure but as long as you get plenty of sleep the day before and have some energy drinks handy it's not horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 6:58 PM, VertigoTeaparty said:

How many hours of gameplay are in a typical stream? I think most would consider a marathon stream to be, bare minimum, 8 hours but more like 10-12.

Yes, it's exhausting. That's why it's a marathon, not a normal stream. :p

We are not superheroes :P

On 9/6/2019 at 11:02 PM, BlueEyesWhiteDragon said:

I think more so than just being a "marathon" it has to be an event that is different than normal gameplay streams. This means having a gimmick for the marathong either inagme (like achievement hunting or 100%ing, etc. Or out of game like wearing a costume, doing special things like karaoke for large donations or Co-op gameplay.

Which is why I am cheering for a PSVR marathon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...