The King of Hate Forums
FloydMayweather

DSP's recent gym comments

In yesterdays stream he said he has no time to work out and is too tired from doing things such as: "moving", making breakfast, streaming, washing, eating dinner, clean up and shower. He said and I quote "You have no concept of what it's like to have a fucking life." From somebody who has been working out for the past 5 years consistently here's my point of view:

I'm at University (studying around 3 hours a day) and working part time to make ends meet, I have an insane schedule but I still manage to work out 3 times a week (The only times I really get to relax is on the weekends AND EVEN THEN I STILL GO), I just get up earlier (around 6am if Uni/Work starts at 9) and hit weights which takes me around 45 mins to an hour and bounce. The health and stress relief benefits alone make it a staple in my lifestyle, something DSP can definitely benefit from.

Even basic stretching or walking around his neighborhood before the stream starts can do wonders, I had a family member who was insanely sedentary who did this and saw huge improvements mentally and physically.

Edited by FloydMayweather
  • Like 6

That's a great comment, but I think there's some other threads with health/diet & exercises suggestions on the Forums, so Phil probably has read them at some point, at least the ones with several comments. You know it's all in his hands to do it in the end, no matter what anyone tells him.

Since he has back problems, and I don't know the degree of how problematic it is in his case, I'd recommend what you've said, along with a healthier diet, (mainly to minimize cholesterol consumption, refined sugar, energy drinks and alcohol, if he does indeed drink it).

Obvious, right?

• Like 2

I think Phil's sedentary lifestyle and poor eating habits are just cycles that feed into each other, compounded by his lack of commitment to being healthy. He needs to make big changes to his self imposed schedule if he wants to improve anything.

I worked 50 hours this week and I got work tomorrow on saturday. I still can find time to play games or go to the gym for a bit of cardio or weight lifting.

Op is right. For people who are currently living sedentary lifestyles getting as little as 70 minutes of exercise per week (10 minutes per day) will have major benefits for your physical and mental health. I encourage anyone reading this who does not exercise to start exercising even if its a small amount. You just gotta make it a habit, over time it gets easier and eventually you may start to actually enjoy it. And remember its ok to take just "baby steps" so long as you are headed in the right direction. Good luck.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2019 at 10:44 AM, FloydMayweather said:

In yesterdays stream he said he has no time to work out and is too tired from doing things such as: "moving", making breakfast, streaming, washing, eating dinner, clean up and shower. He said and I quote "You have no concept of what it's like to have a fucking life."

I think pretty much everyone realizes that this is BS. There are plenty of people out there who work 40+ hour/week jobs, have a wife and kids, and still manage to exercise. I get it. I lack the wife/kids but I work a standard 40 hour job and stream about 25 hours/week. I also hate exercise.  When I'm done with a stream or doing the stuff I need to do on my days off the last thing I want to do is exercise. However, the truth is is that I DO have time for it; I just need to get off my lazy fat ass and DO IT.  

On 9/21/2019 at 2:53 AM, Icureditwithmybrain said:

And remember its ok to take just "baby steps" so long as you are headed in the right direction.

This is important. Some people get overwhelmed with the idea of going to the gym, exercising 5 days a week, etc. However, if they start off with something like a 15 minute walk every day that will get the positive momentum going. I'm trying to get back on the exercise horse myself and it's far more approachable when you start slow with the potential of ramping up once it becomes an ingrained part of your schedule.

• Like 3

On 9/20/2019 at 9:44 AM, FloydMayweather said:

In yesterdays stream he said he has no time to work out and is too tired from doing things such as: "moving", making breakfast, streaming, washing, eating dinner, clean up and shower. He said and I quote "You have no concept of what it's like to have a fucking life."

Honestly, this may be true for him.  The more you do, the more you can do.  The average person who is considered to lead a sedentary lifestyle gets vastly more exercise.  They leave their homes five days a week.  They walk from their cars/transport to their office. They walk to and from places while at work: washroom, breakroom, etc.  They leave their desk to go eat lunch and at the end of the day walk to their car and drive home.  Once home, they do all the other things ""moving", making breakfast, streaming, washing, eating dinner, clean up and shower" with perhaps 'streaming' not being on that list though there are many people who work full time jobs that come home and stream for as many hours as he does.  

Phil has said many times... he is too busy to even have a chance to workout.  You just want to brag about your fitness thats fine bbut Phil doesn't have the time for it, and he really doesn't need to he has plenty of muscle mass and is losing weight cuz he is eating healtheir from kats cooking.

4 hours ago, WorthIts said:

The gym worked wonders for Wings, so to be fair its a worthwhile investment. Or just go a run! 30 minutes every few days, get the heart rate up!

In my opinion he needs to start with the diet.

He says that he eats healthier now, but I don't think it's good enough, and if he doesn't start with something simple like that, you can't expect him to run for 30 minutes every few days.

11 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

He says that he eats healthier now, but I don't think it's good enough, and if he doesn't start with something simple like that, you can't expect him to run for 30 minutes every few days.

Start with baby steps and build up towards it.

On 10/8/2019 at 8:23 PM, MoraMoria said:

What? You mean I can't hold Phil to ridiculously high standards of fitness and health rivaled only by 10 time olympic gold medalists?!?

On 10/8/2019 at 9:35 PM, WorthIts said:

Start with baby steps and build up towards it.

Yeah, the baby steps start by changing his diet, if he cannot do that, forget about running for 30 minutes.