The King of Hate Forums
TheGrandSchmuck

Another Fundraiser? For what?!?

Why is Phil having another fundraiser? What secret financial issue is it this month? Is it just another "Im going to lose my house/taxes" issue that he hasn't been able to figure out for the last 3 years straight? Is he just going to tell us this during the Holidays to get max sympathy / money from fans? I mean how many times you bail somebody out of financial trouble every month before you hold that person accountable?

Edited by TheGrandSchmuck
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

Why is Phil having another fundraiser? What secret financial issue is it this month? Is it just another "Im going to lose my house/taxes" issue that he hasn't been able to figure out for the last 3 years straight? Is he just going to tell us this during the Holidays to get max sympathy / money from fans? I mean how many times you bail somebody out of financial trouble every month before you hold that person accountable?

Which video did you get your issue from?

3 minutes ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

It was mentioned on his first stream. He said he was in bad financial situation without specifically mentioning what or how it happened, needs money for next month, really worried..blah blah blah. The usual.

As Phil said it before, he is a streamer now and he relies on crowdfunding so that he can pays his bills and keep on streaming. It does not have to mean that there is a tax problem or any another problem he recently faced. Streamers do usually ask for bits, cheers and subscriptions, otherwise, they would not be able to do it full-time.

Maybe try improving his gaming streams instead of doing fundraiser every month?

his job is a full time gaming streamer, not full time fundraiser. If you cant make ends meet, then you re doing something wrong.

• Upvote 1

Crowd-funding is okay. Just don't potentially lie and come up with all these secret financial issues just to get money out of people. If entertainment alone can't pay the bills every month, then maybe its time to do something else. I know I couldn't sleep at night if every other week I had to tell kids im in a financial situation and hope they pay up in my late 30s with a wife, cat, and bills to take care of.

He cant just do something else. If he got an average 9-5 he would most likely earn less. Also, debt can take a long time to pay off. 

Crowd-funding is okay. Just don't potentially lie and come up with all these secret financial issues just to get money out of people. If entertainment alone can't pay the bills every month, then maybe its time to do something else. I know I couldn't sleep at night if every other week I had to tell kids im in a financial situation and hope they pay up in my late 30s with a wife, cat, and bills to take care of.

I listened to the stream, there is no "secret" here.

Phil is in a financial situation, by default, unfortunately. Streaming barely pays the bills but it is the best option available for him now. Basically, Phil gives a product and if he cannot sell it, he will go out of business. Is the majority of his audience "kids"?

13 hours ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

And yes they are kids, have you seen his chat? Who else has time to continue to sub and cheer every stream and ask the same bait questions over and over while spammimg emotes? Are you saying all those troll names with "frahg" & "phils_smelly_whatever" are adults? I don't think so.

There are adults that fall into this category, so the "kids" argument is irrelevant here. Regardless of their age, they spend money to troll Phil, and he himself has said that they're "not very intelligent", (let's put it that way), by doing this, and yet they continue to do it. They do have the capability of donating money and they are responsible of the outcome of that action, they're not "kids" in that sense, (I'm assuming you're using it in a pejorative term for most of these, not minors, or otherwise the responsability falls on the parents), unless they actually steal their relatives/other money/credit card, and then things can get difficult for everyone. E.g:

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/whos-responsible-kids-unauthorized-charges-1279.php

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/minor-charged-card-theft.php

Phil is not liable for other people's, (these trolls), incompetence when no illegal activity has taken place. It just boils down to the instant gratification of being the attention focus, and what will come after, as a result of the bait, which is enough to hook them up. They want it, and they get it.

On 9/23/2019 at 7:40 PM, TheGrandSchmuck said:

Phils chat is full of trolls and detractors, I would say 80% - 90% of the people are trolls. They just pay Phil to be trolls, and thats a whole mental illness in itself.

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

Does mentally ill or handicapped work for you then? You want to argue the word "kid", im saying the stupidity and the gullibleness is equivalent to a kid. I was actually being nice when referring to these people as kids, but I'll call them what they are if need be too.

Alright, then there's no problem here. They're just people being foolish, in my eyes, and a lot of others too, including Phil, so I'll reiterate and be done here:

31 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

It just boils down to the instant gratification of being the attention focus, and what will come after, as a result of the bait, which is enough to hook them up. They want it, and they get it.

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

So just staying in a constant financial hole and pray for a miracle until the luck eventually runs out is the way to live in your 30s and 40s? People get laid off or fired all the time, these people have to downsize. Phil constantly says "I just want to keep everything I have", well life doesn't always work like that. Debt can take a long time but I have a very hard time believing his debt is that bad when he bought a cat and had it for months while in a financial situation, turned a vital trip from seeing his parents that were dying into a wedding because he bought an engagement ring months ago all while in "the worst financial position in his life", borrowed thousands from his parents after getting thousands from fans to pay taxes right after the wedding and his parents said they can't afford to finance his life anymore, but judt recently Phil said they just bought her a bike to exercise on even though she goes to the gym, always taking days off and go out to "inexpensive restaurants" but is always overdrafting his account... I mean do I need to go on? You see how nothing makes sense along with no proof of anything? Something obviously shady is going on.

Why are we talking about his family? How do you know that his wife always takes days off? What "proof" would you like?

17 hours ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

So whats the financial situation? Don't you think fans deserve some proof or an answer why a 37 year old man for the last 3 years has been in a financial situation but seems to do everything counterproductive to solve it? The reason behind it? Why in the last 6 or 7 months he has been donated most of the things he plays and holding successful fundraisers every month is STILL overdrafting his account?

And if streaming is barely paying bills, wouldnt you downsize or get a better job instead of take days off and complain to kids about your adult bills?

And yes they are kids, have you seen his chat? Who else has time to continue to sub and cheer every stream and ask the same bait questions over and over while spammimg emotes? Are you saying all those troll names with "frahg" & "phils_smelly_whatever" are adults? I don't think so.

In my opinion, all these overdrafts and financial situations are just lies due to greed or he's preparing for a divorce. Literally nothing else would explain it.

The financial situation is that he overdrafts his bank account, he pays for the bills and debt that he accumulated for the move and business, not to mention the condo in Conneticut.

According to Phil, there are no better jobs around him , unless you can provide some? There are adults who contribute to his stream

I find it a bit rude that you would accuse him of lying when yourself have no proof either. Why are we talking about divorce? XD

Why do all these matter? We should care about the content he puts out, you are not obligated to contribute ;) 

1 hour ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

But I know all this is falling on deaf ears. There is a reason you're one of the last few people here after thousands of members have apparently never came back.

Wow XD so its personal now, seems to me you may be banned soon.

You may be very young but I will make this point:

Phil has a store/product that he sells. In order for us to buy and enjoy the product, we would have to contribute. 

Product / Price / Buy / Sell. Never learned these things from education?

You keep on saying "37 year old asking kids to pay for him" 1000 times, I think we get your point

Maybe you like it because you can relate to Phil by treating people more like wallets and nuisances than friends or fans, but I dont.

XD Mr. Know It All 

Edited by LastRambo341

31 minutes ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

I knew I was talking to deaf ears but I didn't waste my time. I visibly shown how your replies went from paragraphs to 1 sentence and seeing you run out of argument in real time made it worth it. 

Have a good day :tongue:

Oh noes! You beat me XD I am sad now :( !

Want a cookie because you "beat me"? XD Here you go

I mean, it was an argument about a Youtuber, not about academic subjects so if you are verrrryyy proud of that then good for you :O

when was it the fans responsiblity to take care of a grown man and his wife? We all have bills.

Im not taking time out my day to help a man who

Im not contributing.

Seems like you solved your problem then.

And if the content was good and entertaining then he wouldnt have to beg for money now would he?

lol that's not how it works, especially on Twitch. Most of it is purely luck.

The content has regressed.

That comes naturally with being on Twitch.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

I never had a problem

X Doubt

20 minutes ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

Then why do so many "babymangamings" are all ways in Phil's Twitch chat if you loathe Twitch?

20 minutes ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

are all ways in Phil's Twitch chat

You answered your own question.

22 minutes ago, TheGrandSchmuck said:

It takes the person to be somewhat entertaining to keep an audience coming back

Lots of people find watching the most boring shit entertaining, especially on Twitch.

I'm sure lots of people only use Twitch as background noise so the content doesn't matter to them as much.

• Like 1

I don't think you'd be very good at that either kid if you fail to see a black hole thats right in front of you.

Thank you for the lecture, grandpa <3