The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King Ep. 79 - Nov. 28, 2019 Thanksgiving Special!

You know the drill! Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King here, and thanks!

Opinions on the HBO shows Entourage, The Sopranos, and The Wire? 

Favorite Jackie Chan film? 

Dreamcast turned 20 years old back in Sept 9th. Feel old yet and thoughts on the system?

Ever watch the 2003 Daredevil film? 

Did you watch the Dragon Ball Broly film that came out earlier this year? 

Edited by Kazlab802

I notice that you look at reviews to get a gauge and understand of the flaws and bright spots of a new game. Seeing the game length, framerate, story, potential bugs etc., do you feel this endangers your true experience of a first playthrough?

I say this because I feel reading reviews would hammer in my head preconceived strengths and weaknesses of said game that I would be unable to disengage from when playing the aforementioned title. 

Do you feel it's best to read these reviews and take their game scores and articles seriously or if you are interested in a game due to trust in developers/series or whatever reason to dive in headfirst with no knowledge whatsoever?

Hey Phil, first off I hope you and your fans are having a very Happy Thanksgiving, and I'm thankful for the years of content you've given us.

Now, my question has to do with the presence of dark, serious, real life issues in video games, especially war games. What I mean is the inclusion of dark, heavy, and sometimes depressing subject in video games. Stuff White Phosphorus scene in Spec Ops: The Line and "No Russian" in Modern Warfare 2 spring to mind. This can sometimes be a controversial issue, with the mainstream media often critizing the game devs and writers for the inclusion of such scenes. I believe scenes like these have a place in video games under the condition that it carries the story to an important and meaningful place. What are your thoughts?

I am so really keen to hear your thoughts on a couple of games I want to request for you to play on Xbox. They're old games, of course. Games you may know about. Mafia The City of Lost Heaven and Hitman 2 Silent Assassin. As I said, please give me your initial thoughts on whether or not you'd ever consider playing them.

Hi phil happy thanksgiving to you and everyone else i had some questions i wanted to ask whats your favourite cartoon from the 80s or 90s like thunder cats, mask, he-man stuff like that as a kid from the 80s i think for me that was the best time to grow up as a kid with having amazing stuff to watch on saturday morning tv. My next question is whats your opinion on other fighting games like tekken or kof for me growing up i allways loved street fighter and dark stalkers just due to capcom been my go to for fighting games. And for my last question is what game and movie series/franchise would say is your favourite looking forward to hear your thoughts and insight.

Edited by Frog4Life
wanted to change my question

Hi Philip. As you're aging do you notice that your gaming skills deteriorate any? I know I read that even after age 25 some motor skills and vision start going downhill. You're a few years older than me and I know you used to be a top level professional fighting game player. Do you still think you are as good as you were back then physically?

Dear Phil,

I really like your commentary on many video games. You give many creative comments on the various aspects of a particular game. My question to you is: Would you commentate over movies? You could hold polls on the kingofhate forums, determining which movies people want to hear you commentate over the most. You could then record your commentary on whichever movie wins the poll. Then, you could render the commentary as an audio-only, mp3 file and sell it on a new website. Think about the way you sell your content via Teespring. The website does not have to be overly sophisticated. All you need is a website that allows you to upload mp3 files and receive direct payments from those who purchase them. This could lead to a lucrative business that would provide extra income.

Thank you for reading this question.

Dear Phil,

You used to be skinny as a kid. You once disclosed to your Twitch Audience that you used to work out tremendously, by taking protein shakes and lifting very heavy weights. I remember your saying that your first back injury occurred in 2007, during a game of football. You also watch Pro Wrestling. What was your athletic career like pre-2007? Did you play any sports in school? Which sports were you best at and/or enjoyed playing the most? Do you play any sports right now? If not, would you ever consider playing a sport again recreationally?

Thank you for your time.