The King of Hate Forums
wahiziv

Mod Staff

You have the following 14 mods in your mod list: elipsion, eternal_napalm, infinite_55, jicherty, kekon3, logviewer, madara_is_god_, moobot, nightbot, popsicolo, ratchefan12, thatanonymouse, themightyonyx, and ttv_noble. Three of these mods- logviewer, moobot, and nightbot are bots.

The following mods post in your chat less than once every week:

• themightyonyx hasn't posted in your chat once this year.
  • jicherty has only posted in your chat two days in the last three months (equivalent to once every six weeks) and four days in the last six months (equivalent to once every six weeks). This mod has posted in chat is 3% of the number of days you've streamed in the past three and six months.
  • ratchefan12 has only posted in your chat two days in the last three months and ten days in the last six months (equivalent to once every three weeks). This mod has posted in the chat 3% of the number of days you've streamed in the past three months and 7% of the number of days you've streamed in the past six months.
  • ttv_noble has only posted in your chat two days in the past three months and twenty-one days in the last six months (equivalent to once every week) and 81% of those days were five and six months ago. This mod has posted in chat 3% of the number of days you've streamed in the past three and 15% of the number of days you've streamed in the past six months.
  • kekon3 has only posted in your chat seven days in the past three months (equivalent to once every two weeks) and thiry-eight days in the past six months (equivalent to once a week) and 74% of those were five and six months ago. This mod has posted in chat 11% of the number of days you've streamed in the past three months and 27% of the number of days you've streamed in the past six months.

The following mods post in your chat more than once every week:

• elipsion has posted in your chat two days a week in the past three months and three days a week in the past six months. This mod has posted in chat about 50% the number of days you've streamed in the last three and six months.
  • popsicolo has posted in your chat three days a week in the past three months and four days a week in the past six months. This mod has posted in chat about 70% the number of days you've streamed in the last three months and 80% the number of days you've streamed in the last three months.
  • infinite_55 has posted in your chat four days a week in the past three and six months. This mod has posted in chat about 75% of the number of days you've streamed in the last three months and 66% of the number of days you've streamed in the last six months.
  • thatanonymouse has posted in your chat enough days in the past three and six months that they have posted in your chat 85% or more of the number of days you've streamed.
  • eternal_napalm has posted in your chat enough days in the past three and six months that they have posted in your chat over 90% of the number of days you've streamed.
  • madara_is_god has posted in your chat enough days in the past three and six months that they have posted in your chat over 100% of the number of days you've streamed. They have posted in your chat every day you have streamed and on days you haven't streamed.

I understand that your mods are volunteers. It's good to have volunteers. It's bad to have volunteers who consistently fail to adhere to the expectations that have been communicated to them by people in charge. I don't know what expectations you have for your mods and I would suggest attendance should become one of those expectations if it isn't already. I started out managing sixteen-year-olds at a McDonald's about a decade ago and I began managing both employees and volunteers at a small charity about four years ago. I fire one or two volunteers a year because having them around is counterproductive to our goals. The most common reason I have for firing a volunteer isn't because they stole something from the organization or because they made the organization look bad. The most common reason I have for firing a volunteer is because they never show up. Your business' goal obviously includes having a chat free of stuff that shouldn't be there. That's where your volunteers, your mods, come in. If they don't do what they're supposed to the work doesn't get done AND they reduce the morale of other mods and others in your chat.

In addition to this I would make the following slightly related recommendations: give your mods a supervisor and create some way for them to keep in touch. A supervisor in this situation probably doesn't need to tell the subordinate what to do very often if ever. A supervisor in this situation would act as a mentor. Your mods should be confident that they understand your expectations and should have someone to reach out to when they're uncertain how to proceed with something. This is going to be very important as Twitch begins the process of removing secondary chat rooms like the mod room. I'm assuming you use this Twitch feature so you should be aware it's going away and you and your mods will need a new, private place to discuss issues. Your chat should never see disagreements between mods or between you and mods.

I am posting this on a burner account because even though as a community member I have a problem with them as mods for not showing up, I still like some of these people as community members.

There are regulars who watch the streams every day and post in chat all the time.

The solution could be to make them mods.

They probably would be better mods than the ones who directly ask to be mods since they are actually somehow social unlike the mods. The chat regulars are there to have fun while the mods are there to ban people, who do you think would be the better mod...

5 hours ago, wahiziv said:

I am posting this on a burner account because even though as a community member I have a problem with them as mods for not showing up, I still like some of these people as community members.

2. Creating and posting with multiple usernames (accounts) is also not allowed. If you are unhappy with your current account, one time alterations can be made.

If you are trying to bypass moderation of your account (removal of posting rights, signature or avatar) then your account will be banned.

Creating a new account because your last one had a high warning level will also result in a ban.

Enjoy the ban.

6 hours ago, masterxeon2002 said:

2. Creating and posting with multiple usernames (accounts) is also not allowed. If you are unhappy with your current account, one time alterations can be made.

If you are trying to bypass moderation of your account (removal of posting rights, signature or avatar) then your account will be banned.

Creating a new account because your last one had a high warning level will also result in a ban.

Enjoy the ban.

FYI this is the only account I have on this forum and the reason I've never made one before is because people like you are here. You're a toxic individual who antagonizes everyone you come across.

6 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

wtf

Sorry for the wall of text. I did try to keep it short :(

10 hours ago, babymangming456 said:

The chat regulars are there to have fun while the mods are there to ban people, who do you think would be the better mod...

I don't think any of the current mods are there for the power trip.

Edited by wahiziv

On 10/13/2019 at 1:53 PM, wahiziv said:

The most common reason I have for firing a volunteer isn't because they stole something from the organization or because they made the organization look bad. The most common reason I have for firing a volunteer is because they never show up.

Here lies the philosophical question: are they volunteers if they don't ever volunteer to show up..?

On 10/13/2019 at 1:53 PM, wahiziv said:

In addition to this I would make the following slightly related recommendations: give your mods a supervisor and create some way for them to keep in touch. A supervisor in this situation probably doesn't need to tell the subordinate what to do very often if ever. A supervisor in this situation would act as a mentor. Your mods should be confident that they understand your expectations and should have someone to reach out to when they're uncertain how to proceed with something. This is going to be very important as Twitch begins the process of removing secondary chat rooms like the mod room. I'm assuming you use this Twitch feature so you should be aware it's going away and you and your mods will need a new, private place to discuss issues. Your chat should never see disagreements between mods or between you and mods.

They can do it here via PM on the Forum if they wish, or even easier, on Twitter.

In addition to this, I remember Phil saying that he has no need for new moderators, and I recall @OrcsRDorks asking here on the Forum to be one, (with no answer).

Edited by MoraMoria

Phil needs to make some new mods around here. I'm getting tired of seeing people fight with trolls in random thoughts.

Mod Moria or something.

15 minutes ago, KGhaleon said:

Phil needs to make some new mods around here. I'm getting tired of seeing people fight with trolls in random thoughts.

Mod Moria or something.

MasterOfAwesomeness does a great job and there are useful features available to ignore users along with restraining yourself from interacting with suspected troll accounts. There are only 5 other people here and to be honest with the latest banning of a frequent user named @Darksphere92 going straight to KiwiFarms, it would be unwise to give anybody access to IP addresses at this point. It no longer matters how long or how active an account has been to give someone moderation with just those credentials alone.

If a new moderator is a serious discussion, @MoraMoria should not be considered because that person directly interacts with trolls on Twitter on a regular basis. Definitely don't trust that guy with mine and others private information. This forum has been already doxxed several times with help from people inside and out of it, creating another possibility would be reckless.

Edited by PsychoBrattata

Oh and not to forget, but both of these individuals have been here long enough to be good mods.

sateler96
MDCFAN101

Nothing wrong with the current mods, but they just aren't here often enough. Would be nice if we had some new mods for daily checks for assholes.

6 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Nothing wrong with the current mods, but they just aren't here often enough. Would be nice if we had some new mods for daily checks for assholes.

I vote for KGHaleons assertion to be deemed pointless since his definition of "asshole" could be completely different from anyone elses. Our own and lone standing mod MasterOfAwesomeness has seen KGHaleons antics with making multiple accounts and harrassing others just to "get revenge" on people.

Spoiler

1.thumb.jpg.20513190d93316b9ced542c33c93bbd5.jpg

One mod for 5 people is enough, this forum is mature enough to police itself. I like @sateler96, I think @MDCFAN101 is a bit childish at times, but I think we have enough mods. If one person is having such a big problem with this forum, maybe the problem is him, not the moderation.

Edited by PsychoBrattata

30 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

So if you want to be a mod you have to email your real name. Just have that in mind.

Seems like a good idea, prove who you are first. We've had so many backstabbing mods in the past that weren't here to help.

7 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I don't want to be a moderator here.

You could be one, in addition to @MasterOfAwesomeness.

Not that much work, you just nuke assholes that start trouble on the forum. Seems pretty easy.

3 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

So if you want to be a mod you have to email your real name. Just have that in mind.

Why would you have to do that?

6 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

It's a formality, and he only said a name. If you told him your name was "Tim" its not like he'd run a background check. As long as you're a kind person I don't think an alias matters much here.

Just make regulars mods id say, I mean fuck id do it if it means actually getting shit done around here and cleaning the forums up.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Noir said:

Just make regulars mods id say, I mean fuck id do it if it means actually getting shit done around here and cleaning the forums up.

Took the words right out of my mouth friend.