The King of Hate Forums
Havikthecleric

I really don't think Phil should mention his financial situation at all.

Just for his own peace of mind. He's constantly talking about how he's in the worst situation of his life and he has a lot of expenses and things to pay, but when anyone asks him to elaborate he says it's none of their business, as if he hadn't been trying to make it the audience's business by constantly involving them.

It would also make for a better stream. Nowadays I just leave whenever he gets on the subject of money.

• Like 1

He will never stop doing it, since he gets tips every time he mentions his financial problems. His fans are his worst enemy sometimes. That is why we have 2 hour long pre streams now. Plugs and shout outs are his main source of income. Most of the viewers leave when the gameplay starts. 

aed94aa436f611312dcd413b5eb3317a.png

50 minutes ago, DoUWannaPlayTheFcknGame said:

Thats because you guys need to talk to Phil, ask him questions, He's the streamer, its the audience job to keep him active

I know but I'm not good at it like dakky and a few others.

On 10/18/2019 at 5:46 PM, Havikthecleric said:

Just for his own peace of mind. He's constantly talking about how he's in the worst situation of his life and he has a lot of expenses and things to pay, but when anyone asks him to elaborate he says it's none of their business, as if he hadn't been trying to make it the audience's business by constantly involving them.

It would also make for a better stream. Nowadays I just leave whenever he gets on the subject of money.

He talks money/financials because that’s consistently resulted in more tips/donations. It’s almost a gimmick at this point...like the highest contributor getting to name something...it’s sad that it’s come to stuff like this. 

I don't know if I heard correct but I remember Phil said his tax guy costs thousands of dollars.

If that's true then that's such a waste of money for something you can do on your own.

Currently expecting $260 per day ($1800/7days) without any goal and celebratory event, Phil is really stretching his luck.

Edited by babymangming456

i stopped watching because its constantly about money....the minecraft streams became almost entirely about who gave the most money....mentioning it every 10 minutes,,,standing in the same spot for minutes at a time while he adds up his dollars and nothing in game gets done ..no more exploring dungeons or anything ...hour and a half long prestreams ,,,events about whoever donates the most naming a Halloween decoration ..i cant watch anymore 

Phil does not fully disclose his financial crises at all. He does this out of fear of being attacked. I think that he should either be completely transparent or avoid mentioning the situation altogether. I prefer that Phil avoid mentioning that he needs money. Instead, he should work harder and conjure better methods to secure more income. One example I suggested was to create movie commentaries. Another example could be for him to spend less time mentioning the negative aspects of his career, including trolls and the like. By doing this, he could have more time focusing on the positive aspects of his career. This would lead to him feeling more secure/content and help his viewers feel more welcome, rather than attacked. 

Cutting back on all unnecessary expenses would be the most important thing and trying to pay down debts. The problem is the "bad people" tell Phil to do these things so he refuses, just like he did with direct capture, just like he did with streaming, just like he did with spamming inboxes with dozens of 10 minute long videos, just like when he bought a new condo, just like when he leased a BMW, just like when he couldn't afford to get married but did, just like when he couldn't afford a cat, but did... etc, etc etc.etc. You know the deal.

It's really hard to see someone who has all the tools and resources struggle. 

• Upvote 1

a guy: there's no incentive to reach the goal

Phil: the incentive is if you want me to keep continuing doing this

What if they don't care? Most Twitch viewers don't care what they watch, they'll just switch to another streamer. See Ninja, once he left Twitch no one cares about him.

He should think about it like this:

- do you want to play games for a living, something you say you love so much, wake up late, have a free day any time you want, have full control over your job, earn much more than a normal job while doing what you like?

or

- do you want to do a generic low salary wageslave job, wake up early every day, have to leave your house and  travel to work every day, have no control, spend 8h being locked up with people you'll probably hate, come back home exhausted with the thought how much you hate your job?

Who's incentive is it really?

On 10/25/2019 at 6:31 AM, BlueEyesWhiteDragon said:

The problem is the "bad people" tell Phil to do these things so he refuses

He already said one time to someone, that the more they told him to do something, the less effect it would have, maybe even the opposite, so it may have some influence on him, but for important decisions, other important factors come into play.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:36 PM, Kelenna said:

Another example could be for him to spend less time mentioning the negative aspects of his career, including trolls and the like. By doing this, he could have more time focusing on the positive aspects of his career. This would lead to him feeling more secure/content and help his viewers feel more welcome, rather than attacked. 

I agree, and even though he doesn't constantly talk about them, there are instances in which he should've just ignored them, & focus on the game. The Halloween-stream is a good example, or recently with some troll-tippers.

However I'm not sure about this last one. From what I've seen, the chat seems to react when he calls out & bans a troll, there's even an emote for that. And they just come back in another account to give him more money, get some reaction from chat and start the cycle again. I'd say no one cares about these trolls or Phil acknowledging them for 2 seconds, but it's true about the negative aspects in general, he should leave it alone.

• Like 1