The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Christmas 2019 Marathon Games Nomination Thread!

Hello! Please nominate the game(s) you'd like to see me play during the holiday marathon HERE! I'm already planning on playing some classic Street Fighter, so those are already covered!

NOTE: Two basic rules:

1. The game must be readily available on modern consoles/PC. If on PC, the game must NOT be graphically demanding. This means no crazy high-end new games, and also no rare games that I'd have to buy for $100 off of Amazon, etc.

2. The game should be something that's fun to play for about an hour. Picking a long, drawn-out RPG where I'm not even through the introduction isn't going to be very interesting to stream viewers!

Thanks and good luck! This thread will be closed sometime in early December to tally up the nominations and create a poll on which you call can vote for the finalists!

Definitely, Celeste. You already have it on your X1. You downloaded it when it was free.

In addition, I think you will like the platforming of the game. Also, there seems like there will be some platforming that will cause some rage but some people like that when watching your stuff. You will like the game even though there will be some difficult parts in it.

Edited by GuessWhat
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl

Hollow Knight

Super Metroid

Blasphemous

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Code Vein

Demon’s Crest

Myst (realMyst Masterpiece Edition)

The Quiet Man

Ring Fit Adventures

Edited by Higgs

I think noting would say holiday cheer more than classic Doom. Decking the halls with green plasma balls of the BFG, turning demons in to a festive red pile of goo. So you have your Christmas colors there.

9 hours ago, BlueEyesWhiteDragon said:

Myst

Someone already nominated "realMyst: Masterpiece Edition", which is a slightly different game from "Myst". Would you like to vote for the same as the other person, (@Higgs), to stack the votes on that one, or are you voting on the other, (the quoted one)?

16 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Someone already nominated "realMyst: Masterpiece Edition", which is a slightly different game from "Myst". Would you like to vote for the same as the other person, (@Higgs), to stack the votes on that one, or are you voting on the other, (the quoted one)?

That person edited their post after I posted. I believe they originally said just Myst also. My vote is for "Myst: Masterpiece Edition" which is just a modern port of the original game I believe and not random updated graphics

• Like 1

Spoiler
29 minutes ago, BlueEyesWhiteDragon said:

(...) My vote is for "Myst: Masterpiece Edition" which is just a modern port of the original game I believe and not random updated graphics

On 11/15/2019 at 11:19 AM, Higgs said:

(...)

Myst (realMyst Masterpiece Edition)

Alright, so @Higgs votes for "realMyst: Masterpiece Edition", and you vote for "Myst: Masterpiece Edition", different games, so the votes divide.

Spoiler

Cool.gif

Edited by MoraMoria

Heck yeah, I would always be down for Myst. I tried suggesting it before, kind of as a joke, but also kinda serious, cause I would like to see him try it. I could see some good rage moments.

2 hours ago, MrPapaveraceae said:

Heck yeah, I would always be down for Myst. I tried suggesting it before, kind of as a joke, but also kinda serious, cause I would like to see him try it. I could see some good rage moments.

So do you nominate it? And if you do, which version?

legend of heroes trails of cold steel 3

hallow night

gothic remastered

Rust

Code Vein

monster hunter ice

Katana Zero

dragon quest 11

Ys IX: MONSTRUM NOX

Divinity: Original Sin 2

Children of Morta

Valfaris

Blasphemous

23 hours ago, makayla said:

gothic remastered

You mean Gothic 1, but the remastered version? There wasn't an official remastered version last time I checked, (I may be wrong), so he'd have to download a bunch of files & patches for that, right?

I vote for myst(any version). It could be really fun especially since chat can help him on some of the more cryptic stuff. Donkey Kong 64 too. 

Edited by Vitadacheeta