The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Christmas 2019 Marathon Games Nomination Thread!

On 11/18/2019 at 12:55 PM, MoraMoria said:

You mean Gothic 1, but the remastered version? There wasn't an official remastered version last time I checked, (I may be wrong), so he'd have to download a bunch of files & patches for that, right?

AFAIK there is no remastered gothic, and it's a pain in the ass to get running on a modern system without patching it.

Also it's not a good game for these marathons. It will take more than an hour or two for him to really get into it. It's a very long game and he couldn't do it justice without dedicating a full playthrough. I don't know why so many people expect him to get into these large RPGs during a marathon stream. He already expressed this sentiment himself when he played stalker earlier this year.

Actually, he even says that in this very post. "2. The game should be something that's fun to play for about an hour. Picking a long, drawn-out RPG where I'm not even through the introduction isn't going to be very interesting to stream viewers!"

Edited by JeffBezosRightNut
  • Upvote 1

Doom, Doom II: Hell on Earth and Doom 3 all launched for most current generation console; Switch, Playstation 4 and Xbone. They're pretty cheap and good for a laugh if you crank up the difficulty.

Merry C-Rip and Tear-mas~

I would like to see you play this game called God Hand, its a brawler developed by Clover studios and capcom. Clover have become Platinum games today and have released many wonderful releases... The game is available on the Playstation store as a PS2 classic on PS3, i dont know if you'll beat it but atleast try to get into it a bit. Its definitely one of the hidden gems of the PS2 era. It has been forgotten by many over time because of other popular titles, but its one of clover's finest along side Okami. Also play on Normal because it suits most people's playstyles....

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2019 at 1:45 PM, MoraMoria said:

So do you nominate it? And if you do, which version?

I nominate the heck out of it. I don't know if I already answered this, I felt like I did, but anyways, I guess starting from the first Myst might be good. I might have to help him a lot just to get through it and figure he wouldn't want to spend a lot of time on it. I'd just want him to get the story. Then go through chronologically. If the people like the first one, I would suggest Riven next. Which is an awesome sequel.

I think Revelations and Exile are my favorite. I'm not of a fan of Uru. That one is trash. 

20 minutes ago, MrPapaveraceae said:

I nominate the heck out of it. I don't know if I already answered this, I felt like I did, but anyways, I guess starting from the first Myst might be good. I might have to help him a lot just to get through it and figure he wouldn't want to spend a lot of time on it. I'd just want him to get the story. Then go through chronologically. If the people like the first one, I would suggest Riven next. Which is an awesome sequel.

I think Revelations and Exile are my favorite. I'm not of a fan of Uru. That one is trash. 

Oh yeah, I just wanted to know the version, thanks.

Wow, now that I look into it, I didn't know the game had so many sequels & remakes. Looks like you have a pretty good idea of them as well.

1 hour ago, MythMan said:

I would like to see you play this game called God Hand, its a brawler developed by Clover studios and capcom. Clover have become Platinum games today and have released many wonderful releases... The game is available on the Playstation store as a PS2 classic on PS3, i dont know if you'll beat it but atleast try to get into it a bit. Its definitely one of the hidden gems of the PS2 era. It has been forgotten by many over time because of other popular titles, but its one of clover's finest along side Okami. Also play on Normal because it suits most people's playstyles....

Nice choice, and just in case you didn't know and want to see him play it, he already tried it in the past, (in some Marathon he had & other time as well):

&