The King of Hate Forums

Viewers's Choice Event Nominations Thread - January 2020!

Hello everyone! Please post up the games you'd like to nominate for an upcoming FULL playthrough here! Please note that the games with the most overall nominations will make it to a poll that will be running in January to determine the ultimate winner!

The rules:

1. Games must be readily available for play. No games that aren't available on current consoles and/or Xbox Live/PSN/Steam and easily played on the current or last-gen consoles.
2. Games must have a definitive ending! No MMOs or multiplayer-only games, etc.
3. I'm likely playing Knights of the Old Republic next, so no need to waste a nomination on it here.

OKAY! Happy nominating!

• Like 2
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Peter Jackson's King Kong (Xbox 360 game is compatible with the Xbox One) Yup, voting for the game again.

Fire Emblem 3 houses Metroid Prime 2 Danganronpa v3 Eh who cares.. nothing i want to watch ever win anyway

I took the liberty of making a tally of the nominations so far, just to give an overview: Notes: In the case where they specified with: "any version of the game", the vote was added

Posted Images

Shadow Warrior

Danganronpa: Ultra Despair Girls

AI: The Somnium Files

The Surge

Ys VIII: The Lacrimosa of Dana

All of these are amazing games. Wanted to balance some visual novels with some action games; the former are fully voiced so Phil wouldn't have to tax his voice to play them and the latter are fun as hell. Here's hoping I get lucky. lol

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Celeste. You already have this game on your Xbox one.

Haha, you and me keep nominating the same ones for every event. (You for Celeste, & me for Furi.).

@LastRambo341

I know you wanted Code Vein, now's the time to nominate it, start the trend!

My nomination is Furi, (Since it's a full playthrough, I'll add the condition to choose the hard ending.).

Furi.gif

I don't know if it's viable but I'm gonna throw in 999 (Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors). It was originally on the DS but I think can be played now on PC/Steam. I also believe I saw a PS4 version that is packaged with its sequel (Virtue's Last Reward)??

This would be fitting if you haven't played a visual novel-type game recently. It reminds me a lot of Danganronpa, Persona, Corpse Party, and even the Cube movies. You get mystery, suspense, and puzzle elements with a touch of history and the supernatural. A good bit of it is voice acted which might help put less strain on your voice. There's some good dialogue and twists in the narrative that I think fits Phil's style (I've loved many of the story, choice-based games you've done in the past). 

999.jpg

-- pureo_nikku

Edited by nickp136
8 minutes ago, nickp136 said:

I don't know if it's viable but I'm gonna throw in 999 (Zero Escape: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors).

I know that game, it could be pretty fun, but in order to see all the good stuff & puzzles, he would have to play all the different endings, either that or be "guided" by the chat to get the True Ending.

It's still a good choice, if he can pull it off.

• Like 1
Just now, MoraMoria said:

I know that game, it could be pretty fun, but in order to see all the good stuff & puzzles, he would have to play all the different endings, either that or be "guided" by the chat to get the True Ending.

It's still a good choice, if he can pull it off.

Yeah totally, I saw my friend play it recently and I am worried that he'd only wanna do one playthrough after he got a certain ending(s). I worry that he'd get frustrated by the WTF moments or logic in the story and the puzzles but overall I think it'd be worth trying! 

• Like 1

I guess maybe 10 sessions/streams if one of the following games wins or whatever the upper limit Phil had in mind.

Tekken 7 Multiplayer sessions. There are a lot of new characters and the game is heavily populated so it's super easy to find matches. Ranked mode is tiered so it's easy to find opponents of a similar skill level.

Classic Street Fighter (Super Turbo/Third Strike) on Fightcade, there are tons of players to play against and the netcode is great so it'll eliminate Phil's main complaints about the anniversary collection.

On 12/30/2019 at 7:12 AM, MoraMoria said:

@LastRambo341

I know you wanted Code Vein, now's the time to nominate it, start the trend!

I have other games in mind :)

Street Fighter V: New characters, Arcade Mode and Online Play

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for Wii

Blasphemous

Star Fox Adventures {For Nintendo GameCube}

Endless Ocean 2: Blue World for Wii

Blood and Truth for PSVR

Far Point for PSVR

Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii

No More Heroes 2 for Wii

Madworld for Wii

Punch Out for Wii 

Lords of the Fallen

The Surge

Astral Chain

Edited by LastRambo341
  • Like 1

1. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (released by Bethesda)

2. The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (released by Bethesda)

3. Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice (released by Capcom)

4. Danganronpa V3 (released by Spike ChunSoft)

5. AI: The Somnium Files (released by Spike ChunSoft)

6. No More Heroes 2 on the Wii

Edited by MiraiMisaki
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, MiraiMisaki said:

1. The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (released by Bethesda)

2. The Elder Scrolls: Morrowind (released by Bethesda)

3. Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice (released by Capcom)

4. Danganronpa V3 (released by Spike ChunSoft)

5. AI: The Somnium Files (released by Spike ChunSoft)

Finally someone else mentions Somnium Files. lol Tho I think he should play Ultra Despair Girls before V3. As much as I wanna see him round out the trilogy, which is a LOT, I don't wanna see him skip the spin off.

Code Vein. 

yes i know u keep saying its a dark souls clone but here are some good things about the game besides the usual fight tough enemies beat a boss.

1. The story is clear (maybe a bit convoluted typical for animes) and in front of u unlike with other dark souls type game where u have to find the story.

2. Other characters u get to know about if u do optional things in each of the locations u will be visiting.

3. Unlike other dark souls games you are not by yourself if u choose not to be. There is a default where u and an A.I partner will fight enemies and bosses together or u can go alone. (Also if your dreading the word A.I partner because of other games, dont. In this game the A.I is pretty good just dont try to make him or her do all the  work or they will die, make sure u do help them during bosses.)

4. Each location isnt overly long some is very short depending on how much u choose to explore which i do recommend u explore to find certain things which i wont spoil.

5. The build system isnt really here in this one where u choose which stat u want to upgrade but instead has its own unique system where on the fly u can choose/ switch between builds (they are more like classes in this game) depending on what weapon u want to use and maybe if u want more magic, but u can choose passive spells/ abilities to use while using any class/build , all u do is choose one, defeat some enemies and it will let u use it no matter what class/build your using.

6. I really think you'll like the game after u see what it has to offer.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Royal_Phalanx91 said:

Fire Emblem 3 Houses

I second this. Excellent game, one of the best of the year. I'd advocate all three paths but I know it's a time constraint so hopefully this is chosen. Phil does not play enough strategy RPGs and honestly the flirting/dating is only done to strengthen relationships for side content/essential recruiting. I know that was Phil's gripe but it's such a small detail that should not overshadow how good of a game it truly is and how deep the classes are. Letting that turn you off from playing what was an excellent turn based RPG is foolish. 

I think normal mode has some challenge but hard difficulty is where it is at and you can replay moves in case you made a mistake. 

I will also say:

Manhunt

God Hand

You own both of these, you don't need to buy either and they have been voted for in the past. 

Edited by Blackspawn89

I would like to nominate a few games in the hopes that one of them will get played as I think Phil would genuinely enjoy playing through them! 

Nominations:

1. Gex (any of them) 

2. Donkey Kong 64

3. Yoshi’s Island 

4. I Have no Mouth but I Must Scream

Especially considering how Phil has recently really enjoyed playing Myst, I think he would really get into the last one. 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, SuckaSurprise said:

Tekken 7 Multiplayer sessions. There are a lot of new characters and the game is heavily populated so it's super easy to find matches. Ranked mode is tiered so it's easy to find opponents of a similar skill level.

Classic Street Fighter (Super Turbo/Third Strike) on Fightcade, there are tons of players to play against and the netcode is great so it'll eliminate Phil's main complaints about the anniversary collection.

11 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

Street Fighter V: New characters, Arcade Mode and Online Play

He won't be able to do online/multiplayer though.

"2. Games must have a definitive ending! No MMOs or multiplayer-only games, etc."

• Like 2
  • Phil locked and unpinned this topic