The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Viewers's Choice Event Nominations Thread - January 2020!

Only problem with DK64 is he will save scum the game. If there are rules in place about no save scumming than I will give it a vote but if it's played on the Wii/Wii U he will save scum. 

1..Edge Of Eternity ( Released by  Midgar Studio )

2.legend of heroes trails of cold steel  ( Released by Nihon Falcom )

3.Our Quest Has Ended ( Released by Red Entertainment )

4.Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana ( Released by Nihon Falcom )

5.. AI: The Somnium Files (released by Spike ChunSoft)

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne has my vote

Phil already played Persona and considering SMT V will be released someday then it's a good time to get Phil into the franchise

3 hours ago, SquishyClit said:

Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne has my vote

Phil already played Persona and considering SMT V will be released someday then it's a good time to get Phil into the franchise

This. He will like Nocturne IMO. There is no easy mode and there's a very popular cameo in the game. Absolute throwback type of RPG that Phil grew up on. If he does play  it, I would advocate True Demon Path to get the most out of the game. 

Game ran me only 60-80 hours for doing a majority of everything in True Demon Path....which isn't bad for a JRPG. 

Edited by Blackspawn89

Hey Phil,

here are my games

Escape from Tarkov

Mordhau

Pathalogic 2

Tropico 6

LISA: The Painful

Baba Is You

Slay the Spire

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

Hey Phil,

here are my games

Escape from Tarkov

Mordhau

Pathalogic 2

Tropico 6

LISA: The Painful

Baba Is You

Slay the Spire

Escape from Tarkov would be good but he was complaining yesterday about multiplayer games

40 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

Escape from Tarkov would be good but he was complaining yesterday about multiplayer games

Hi, i choosen Escape from Tarkov because this is the most watched Game on Twitch. He might make an exception, I'm not sure myself. There are a lot of games here that are relatively good.

"Escape from Tarkov had about 124,000 total viewers at the time of this writing, with a plurality of those watching popular Australian streamer Pestily, who had almost 45,000 viewers watching his Tarkov stream Monday. As the day began in the US, more streamers joined in, including CohhCarnage, Smoke, and Sacriel."

Phil, These are my nominations for the Viewers choice event:

1. Witcher 2: I'd love to see you do a Witcher 2 playthrough again cause it's been 8 years, Maybe on the Xbox 360 again and I think it is on Xbox One now.

2. Driver: San Francisco

3. Motorstorm: Apocalypse

4. Grand Theft Auto V: I would love to see you a GTA 5 playthrough again, It's been 7 years since September 2013.

• Like 2

Tekken 7 Multiplayer
Danganronpa V3
Yomawari: Midnight Shadows
Lost in Vivo
Nier Automata: Route B/C

20 hours ago, Derichloveslemur said:

Phil, These are my nominations for the Viewers choice event:

1. Witcher 2: I'd love to see you do a Witcher 2 playthrough again cause it's been 8 years, Maybe on the Xbox 360 again and I think it is on Xbox One now.

2. Driver: San Francisco

3. Motorstorm: Apocalypse

4. Grand Theft Auto V: I would love to see you a GTA 5 playthrough again, It's been 7 years since September 2013.

I believe Phil would rather play a new game. He already played Driver and Motorstorm 

On 1/1/2020 at 12:14 AM, Blackspawn89 said:

Only problem with DK64 is he will save scum the game. If there are rules in place about no save scumming than I will give it a vote but if it's played on the Wii/Wii U he will save scum. 

What is wrong with that? 

4 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

I believe Phil would rather play a new game. He already played Driver and Motorstorm 

What is wrong with that? 

I think a lot of people are voting to see him have challenge with DK64 which the boss fights are brutal because it's a slog as a collect-a-thon itself but the difficulty is lowered by saving after every phase of a boss fight. I would vote for the game too but the save scumming will ruin the playthrough for me. Rather see Banjo Tooie because he won't be able to do that in Rare Replay which made both Banjo Kazooie and Conker's Bad Fur Day fun playthroughs. 

Edited by Blackspawn89

3 minutes ago, LastRambo341 said:

What is wrong with that? 

People want to see him struggle, (because that would mean there's some type of decent challenge, it wouldn't be with save-states), making the playthrough more fun and feel more like an accomplishment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

People want to see him struggle, (because that would mean there's some type of decent challenge, it wouldn't be with save-states), making the playthrough more fun and feel more like an accomplishment.

Maybe it's to struggle but I just prefer him playing it as the game is intended to.....to get the fullest experience. the DKC games were ruined for this reason. 

• Upvote 1

@Blackspawn89 @LastRambo341

Yeah, and with save-states like that, the challenge is ruined, (at least for me). At that point , it's more likely to be a matter of time/luck, rather than skill in order to beat the game, at least from what I've seen so far.

I'll take this opportunity to reference something Mike Matei said, since it happened recently:

MikeMatei.png

Edited by MoraMoria

4 minutes ago, BlueEyesWhiteDragon said:

Oh yes I forgot Stalker. I want to nominate that again because its really good and Phil was wrongly negative when he tried it because of low contributions at the time.

Do you honestly want to watch him play a game that he obviously did not like?

Yoshi's Island

6 minutes ago, Osium said:

Do you honestly want to watch him play a game that he obviously did not like?

Yes. I am able to extract joy from Philip playing a game that confuses and frustrates him but he powers his way through it like a powerful being.

Have you ever suffered through the 2-3 games he does like?

Super Mario World being a latest example where he over explains every tiny detail like "This is Mario, hes an Italian -- like me. And uhh, he uhh does jumps and stuff. Okay so this level is cool because the enemies are different than other levels" and lalalas over every single song. No top level explanations of game mechanics or history of the game just mundane filler and children's entertainment tactics.

The entire purpose of Viewers Choice is that Phil plays a game in which he would not normally play based on his own limited tastes.

• Like 1

Gonna steal some suggestions I've seen from the stream chat as well as adding my own. That includes replay of some games. BTW, does anyone have any idea how many nominations it takes to make it to final polling. I'll vote for other peoples list if they are boosting some of mine.

Donkey Kong 64

The Quiet Man

Jumanji: The Video Game

Ice Age: Scrats Nutty Adventure

Banjo Tooie

Maximo: Ghosts to Glory

Mirror's Edge (original)

America's Army: Proving Grounds

Rainbow 6

Far Cry 3

Far Cry 4

Far Cry: Blood Dragon

Bulletstorm

Blades Of Time

Left Alive

Decay of Logos

Contra: Rogue Corps

Eternity: The Last Unicorn

R.B.I. BASEBALL 19

Pumped BMX Pro

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric

Ride to Hell: Retribution

Manhunt

Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III

Just Cause 4

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (pacifist run)

Also, I think the multiplayer games people are suggested should be taken as a serious consideration for a multiplayer event or even this event but dedicated to a certain number of streams. Like 5 mains streams of it.

-------------------------------------

Just saw a suggestion of Mass Effect 2 as a clown in another thread so I'll add that to my list.

Edited by Another_Derich
  • Upvote 1