The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Viewers' Choice Event Voting Thread - January 2020!

Viewers' Choice Poll - January 2020  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, FloydMayweather said:

That has to be a joke, so he wont play it because there is relationships in it? Does he realize its not real? what is he so afraid of...

I don't know for sure, but a 5 seconds Google search showed that there's more people out there that get bothered by this, when their partner engages in an in-game "relationship".

Obviously the feeling of jealousy is irrational, since the competition is not real, however I think it is merely (and mainly) caused by an unfullfilled desire for the partner's attention. In Phil's case, I think it could simply be that he finds it somehow disrespectful or childish to do this, while having a wife, or maybe she feels like this, and Phil is simply reciprocating the feeling/stance about it.

There could more explanations, but I'll stick with these. Point being, it's really irrelevant & no one is changing his mind about this it seems.

Random people on the Internet:

Jealousy.png

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

That has to be a joke, so he wont play it because there is relationships in it? Does he realize its not real?

Where have you been? He's married. 

42 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Jealousy.png

Sounds like Reddit.

Edited by babymngaming456

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

Where have you been? He's married. 

What does the fact that he's married have to do with a GAME? I've legit never heard of someone skipping a video game because an ingame relationship can affect their real life relationship. News flash, If its that fragile than it has nothing to with the game.

The fact that he skipped the Game Awards top fan nominated game is a baffling decision in and of itself. He could have played it instead of shitty games like Wolfenstein Youngblood. And people in relationships do play romance side stories in video games, DSP is just super fucking insecure in his relationship for some reason instead of acting like a normal person. 

Edited by Royal_Phalanx91

21 hours ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Sucks that SMT 3: Nocturne was cut though, would have been a great RPG playthrough IMHO. 

I woulda voted for that. I shoulda mentioned it too. I hope he at least gives SMT5 switch a go when it comes out. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

That has to be a joke, so he wont play it because there is relationships in it? Does he realize its not real? what is he so afraid of...

Insecurity is the only way I can describe it. I know plenty of guys that are married but can still laugh at anime tits.

The old Phil that poked fun at video game romances is long dead.

Real talk! He could ve played any of the listed games instead of wwe2k20. Now that is a real shitty game that should be skipped. And no, phil doesnt need to play it to show how bad it is bcos everyone alrdy knows ahead of him and warned him not to play it.

12 minutes ago, Cappuccino said:

Real talk! He could ve played any of the listed games instead of wwe2k20. Now that is a real shitty game that should be skipped. And no, phil doesnt need to play it to show how bad it is bcos everyone alrdy knows ahead of him and warned him not to play it.

That was honestly such a silly excuse. Playing it to see how bad it is? The consensus already pointed to it being bad and it didn't even take one session to see that it wasn't good. In the end, he didn't even bring it to completion. It wasn't even treated as a "so bad its good" game and poked fun of for a short while before getting rid of it. It ended up being taken too seriously for that and then quit after wasting so many hours/streams on it. There is no shortage of games that people want to see him play. Hope in the future he'll listen to fans or pay attention to games that they want instead of going for things they don't really care about.

Reminds me of that shitty game for last year he spent time on instead of playing something better. I think it was called Extinction.

DK64 will probably win, people (and detractors) want to vote for it because it's apparently difficult.

32 minutes ago, Cappuccino said:

He could ve played any of the listed games instead of wwe2k20

Phil, skipping WWE or COD.

18 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

Playing it to see how bad it is?

Should have played Lords of the Fallen, that was at least fun.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

Insecurity is the only way I can describe it. I know plenty of guys that are married but can still laugh at anime tits.

I don't know if it's insecurity but I will say that the whole thing with not wanting in-game relationships/dating games/sex/etc because you're in a committed relationship is one of the weirdest stances he's taken. I've known many people in committed relationships, myself included, and never have I heard someone say this. It's just bizarre to imply that because you're with someone you can't or shouldn't find amusement in fictional game romances, flirting, or whatever. It's more amusing because he acts like this is totally normal behavior when it absolutely is not. It's not bad per se, just funny.

50 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Should have played Lords of the Fallen, that was at least fun.

Lords of the Fallen was a good game. Not great, but good. It was buggier than it should have been, no doubt, but not a broken mess. It had it's fair share of gameplay issues but it was a decent Souls-like. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Sounds like Reddit.

I think I took that screenshot from a Star Wars game forum. But like I said, it was found by a 5 seconds search, there are way more, from both males & females.

I think Donkey Kong 64 is winning... Is the game supposed to be hard? I heard that is not.

19 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

19 hours ago, FloydMayweather said:

Because of insecurities

Edited by 2Kitty
Fucked up

On 1/12/2020 at 9:24 PM, Phil said:

Okay everyone, VOTE for the game(s) you want to see as the upcoming viewers' choice playthrough! You can vote for AS MANY AS YOU WANT so be sure to pick more than one, if you'd like to see more than one!

NOTE: List was narrowed down due to availability of games, and already planned upcoming projects/playthroughs. There were FAR too many games nominated to have those which all got 3+ votes to be in the final poll, so I had to cut some out. Here's what is in the final running!

Good luck!

So explain why exactly did you remove Lisa and Ryza? Both of which had 4 votes from the poll and yet you included Batman, Ace Attorney, AI and No More Heros that only had 3? Stalker getting removed I understand since you hated it and already played it but there is no excuse for the others

wtf.png

Edited by Pancake23
forgot to add last part
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

Here's Phil's stance on Atelier Ryza (36:17)

HOLY SHIT.....You got to be kidding me

So Phil's excuse for Ryza is " It's too boring " and " too drawn out " What happened to that bullshit line he tries to feed us about all the other boring games he chooses to play where it's " Not about the game! It's about the interaction with his viewers! " Not only that, it's not like he has to do a FULL playthrough of every game that wins. Look at Stalker and Visage for example. This event is SUPPOSED to be a reward for the fans for ONE DAY. If he doesn't like one of the games, fine then he doesn't have to keep playing it. The absolute hypocrisy is insane here. He literally QUIT Danganrompa because it was too boring, yet that's " ok to vote on " and that meme game DK64 is just as much of a slog too

As for Lisa's excuse.....

" I don't know what that game is so I removed it "

Gee Phil, I wonder why? Oh yeah, because it's VIEWERS CHOICE and not " PICK ONLY GAMES YOUVE HEARD OF " What's the point in even offering this event as a reward to fans when you're just going to cherry pick what you want anyway? This was supposed to be a special ONE DAY event for the FANS.

The " I don't know that game " is the weakest and most bullshit excuse I've ever heard. Well Phil, in that case you better skip any new game that comes out from now on since you won't " Know what they are "

54 minutes ago, Pancake23 said:

So Phil's excuse for Ryza is " It's too boring " and " too drawn out " What happened to that bullshit line he tries to feed us about all the other boring games he chooses to play where it's " Not about the game! It's about the interaction with his viewers! " Not only that, it's not like he has to do a FULL playthrough of every game that wins. Look at Stalker and Visage for example. This event is SUPPOSED to be a reward for the fans for ONE DAY. If he doesn't like one of the games, fine then he doesn't have to keep playing it. The absolute hypocrisy is insane here. He literally QUIT Danganrompa because it was too boring, yet that's " ok to vote on " and that meme game DK64 is just as much of a slog too

As for Lisa's excuse.....

" I don't know what that game is so I removed it "

Gee Phil, I wonder why? Oh yeah, because it's VIEWERS CHOICE and not " PICK ONLY GAMES YOUVE HEARD OF " What's the point in even offering this event as a reward to fans when you're just going to cherry pick what you want anyway? This was supposed to be a special ONE DAY event for the FANS.

The " I don't know that game " is the weakest and most bullshit excuse I've ever heard. Well Phil, in that case you better skip any new game that comes out from now on since you won't " Know what they are "

I think you are a little confuse here my friend. DSP is not doing another marathon style event. He is going to take the highest voted game and make a full playhtrough of it.

No one wants to watch a full play through of a wafui simulator RPG. So Phil made the right decision to disqualify it.

1 hour ago, Pancake23 said:

The real reason is that he simply doesn't want to play it: anime, waifus, he's married.

25 minutes ago, Osium said:

No one wants to watch a full play through of a wafui simulator RPG. So Phil made the right decision to disqualify it.

Talk for yourself. People love Pokemon and Minecraft and that's not exactly exciting.

6 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Talk for yourself. People love Pokemon and Minecraft and that's not exactly exciting.

People like the Pokemon and Minecraft chill streams mostly because it allows them to interact with/troll Phill.

I'm absolutely sure that if Phil tried to do a serious play through of atelier then his viewers won't show up to watch. And considering that the game is full 60 dollar price tag, he can't afford to let that happen.

All the worst games were chosen. The only good ones to me are Batman and Max Payne. Wish he wouldn’t have chose by the ones that had 3+ votes.

I don’t know why people are hating on the WWE 20 Playthrough. I thought it was funny until the final parts but I understand why he stopped because that Rumble was BS. Anyway, Vote Batman: Arkham City!