The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Viewers' Choice Event Voting Thread - January 2020!

Viewers' Choice Poll - January 2020  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

@BlueEyesWhiteDragon, he presented a couple of reasons for not including Atelier & Lisa: The Painful.

I just looked up what's this "Atelier Ryza"'s gameplay like, and from what I've seen, Phil's right in the sense that it's for a niche audience, incredibly slow, bunch of dialogue/cutscenes & it's very RPG like. The alchemy aspect might be even more time consuming than with the Dragon Quest games.

Having said that, I searched on the steam-community & other websites its length, and seems like if you only care about the story, it's about 18-25 hours, 31 if you're slow; but for completionists or if you take your time with the alchemy, it can go up to more than 50 hours.

Phil's kind of right in his assessment of the game, but there's a problem... "Fire Emblem: Three Houses" has also a bunch of dialogue/cutscenes, (maybe not as much as Atelier?), but the data on its length shows that it takes way longer to complete, (at least according to some sources):

Atelier.jpg

Maybe he should make a rule against RPGs for the next event?

Edited by MoraMoria

3 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Phil's right in the sense that it's for a niche audience

FF6, Shenmue...

incredibly slow

FF6, Shenmue, Pokemon, Minecraft, RDR2, KOTOR...

bunch of dialogue/cutscenes

Shenmue,  RDR2, KOTOR...

Excuses because he doesn't want to say directly he doesn't want to play it.

The same stupid nonsensical excuses why he can't live stream E3.

10 hours ago, RJNickins said:

All the worst games were chosen. The only good ones to me are Batman and Max Payne. Wish he wouldn’t have chose by the ones that had 3+ votes.

I don’t know why people are hating on the WWE 20 Playthrough. I thought it was funny until the final parts but I understand why he stopped because that Rumble was BS. Anyway, Vote Batman: Arkham City!

Rather see a redemption run of Arkham Asylum first. Do it in order!

7 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

@BlueEyesWhiteDragon, he presented a couple of reasons for not including Atelier & Lisa: The Painful.

I just looked up what's this "Atelier Ryza"'s gameplay like, and from what I've seen, Phil's right in the sense that it's for a niche audience, incredibly slow, bunch of dialogue/cutscenes & it's very RPG like. The alchemy aspect might be even more time consuming than with the Dragon Quest games.

Having said that, I searched on the steam-community & other websites its length, and seems like if you only care about the story, it's about 18-25 hours, 31 if you're slow; but for completionists or if you take your time with the alchemy, it can go up to more than 50 hours.

Phil's kind of right in his assessment of the game, but there's a problem... "Fire Emblem: Three Houses" has also a bunch of dialogue/cutscenes, (maybe not as much as Atelier?), but the data on its length shows that it takes way longer to complete, (at least according to some sources):

Atelier.jpg

He's playing Pokemon Sword, Final Fantasy VI, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic and will play DBZ: Karakrot all at the same time. All at the same time. Phil has shown he likes JRPGs/RPGs, why draw the line in the sand now?

25 minutes ago, Blackspawn89 said:

Phil has shown he likes JRPGs/RPGs, why draw the line in the sand now?

He like JRPGs but he wants something for manly men like FF6 or Pokemon, not waifubait for shut-in losers obsessed with anime girls.

If slow, niche things are tossed out then Danganronpa V3 should never be allowed as a poll option. Chat really doesn't care that much for the series when he streams it. And yeah, he is playing a lot of slow games and RPGs simultaneously recently

1 hour ago, Another_Derich said:

And yeah, he is playing a lot of slow games and RPGs simultaneously recently

On the debunk stream it was said there's going to be even more chill style relaxing games in the future.

IMO, most of nominations are terrible anyway. It's like nobody cares if the games are enjoyable for others to watch.They just selfishly want to watch Phil play a weird/niche game that only they would enjoy.

22 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

On the debunk stream it was said there's going to be even more chill style relaxing games in the future.

It honestly feels like a bit too much at this point. Especially with even the 1st streams feeling like they have no energy or are too chill. Wish there weren't full days of "chll". Its why I wish things like CoD or MK stuck around cause random MP sessions at night once in a while could have been more entertaining or turned into events or something. Hope things improve when this current slate of games pass

35 minutes ago, Osium said:

IMO, most of nominations are terrible anyway. It's like nobody cares if the games are enjoyable for others to watch.They just selfishly want to watch Phil play a weird/niche game that only they would enjoy.

Disagree. This is the only way most of these games even see the light of day for him, especially when he's in Hardcore Gaming Season mode. He'd never have played the Yakuza or Persona series without this event. 

It makes little sense to me to take out Atelier Ryza, while having "Fire Emblem: Three Houses" or "Danganronpa V3". The only reason would be that these last two had more than 5 votes, while Atelier only had 4.

But then "Ace Attorney 4: Apollo Justice" had only 3, while being slow & full of dialogue as well, so the criteria Phil's using hasn't been fully explained, seems to me. Maybe I missed something, if it's actual reasoning and not just because he doesn't want to play it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Atelier.jpg

Why not just accept Phil changes rules whenever he wants? You just make yourself look stupid defending his obvious abuse of power.

42 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

It honestly feels like a bit too much at this point. Especially with even the 1st streams feeling like they have no energy or are too chill.

45 minutes ago, Osium said:

It's like nobody cares if the games are enjoyable for others to watch.

What Twitch viewers want is that Phil talks to them and gives them attention or they want to watch Phil talking to people or about something. They don't give a fuck about the game. He just has to play their favorite game or a colorful game designed for children, which is probably the same.

You see how people who give big tips are never in chat? They probably just listen to him talking while they do something else.

The times of Youtube and fun playthroughs are over, they don't make money anymore.

4 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

It makes little sense to me to take out Atelier Ryza

Executive decision meme, it's simply a game he doesn't want to touch even if people would like to see it.

It's not like it would win anyway unless detractors would mass vote for it to spite him.

• Upvote 1