The King of Hate Forums

Resident Evil 3 Remake : hardcore Vs standard

'sup guys! Yo Phil!

Reasons why Phil should play on hardcore :

- The Resident Evil 0 playthrough was great

- it makes for a more interesting play through

- to show who's boss!

- if RE2 remake is anything to go by, all ink ribbons will be placed anywhere but saferooms, so they won't be a factor in the inventory management aspect of the game

- Phil already played the original

----------------

Reasons why Phil should play on standard:

- zombies will still be hard to take down regardless of difficulty

- some of the challenging aspects of the game won't depend on the selected difficulty

- checkpoints won't be kind either. Just... Just don't abuse manual saves, ok? :P

- if we take the original as an indication, this remake won't have much in terms of replayability. Playing on standard now would open the possibility of a hardcore run in the future.

- the usual suspects will always find something to bitch about anyway

- he'll get the chance to experience blind and first hand what "standard" means to Capcom in 2020

Sidenote to Phil: when you see a licker, walk normally: that won't be enough to alert them. The document in RE2 remake , that one that said "walk very slow" , deceived you. All slow walking does is giving lickers time to close the gap and touch you , as they are as fast as the player's normal speed. pc players don't have a slow-walk button and beat RE2R  just fine. Just don't run and you'll be fine too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Judging by the demo , this game will have completely different mechanics than the previous game when it comes to confronting zombies.

Not gonna spoil anything but I can say one thing: forget everything you know about RE2R. Don't go in expecting the same things to work (e.g. stun-and-gun).

Brace for impact @Phil

• 2 weeks later...

What I saw was that RE3 remake has far more zombies than 2, so you may not be able to clear all the areas unlike RE2 where I just murdered everything.

The knife in the demo was infinite, I think. Hope it's the same for the full game because that will make things MUCH easier since I can kill just about everything with it.

Posted (edited)

Well, Phil picked standard.

Wise choice. Plenty of ammo but the game wants you to emergency-dodge constantly and hardcore isn't the ideal mode if you want to learn the mechanic.

Edited by kill-chan
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

But that's not the difficulty the devs intended you to play the game on.

20:47

Spoiler

In RE3R you can save manually at typewriters without limits, like RE2R on standard.

Contrary to RE2R hardcore, in RE3R harcored 1 hit lowers your health to caution instead of directly to danger.

Edited by kill-chan
22 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Sounds like REmake3 hardcore is just classic RE3 on easy.

This is the trend with many remakes/remasters.

Did They really nerf the difficulty this time? You'd think that they would make it even harder with the new dodge mechanic.

30 minutes ago, SassyGayLizard said:

WHOOOO BOY~

Puzzle bosses are tough, huh?

I turned on stream and watched that for two minutes, the minute he crossed his arms and said he wasn't continuing unless people tell him how to beat the boss I left. Terrible.

Also from what I've been hearing Hardcore in RE3R isn't what it used to be, apparently the difficulty modes are more like this:

Casual: Baby mode

Normal: Easy

Hardcore: Normal

Nightmare: Hard (the real Hardcore mode)

Edited by KGhaleon
2 hours ago, SassyGayLizard said:

WHOOOO BOY~

Puzzle bosses are tough, huh?

1 hour ago, KGhaleon said:

I turned on stream and watched that for two minutes, the minute he crossed his arms and said he wasn't continuing unless people tell him how to beat the boss I left. Terrible.

This is Phil we're talking about. Anything more complex than just "hit it until it's dead" is a puzzle boss to him.

Phil's the only stream I've seen get killed by that slow moving head that Nemesis shoots off the toy building.

Twice.

:edit:

Big surprise, I reached the clocktower boss and killed it on my first try. Wasn't even that hard though I did go through all my ammo. Going through the hospital now.

Edited by KGhaleon
1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

The scripted sequences and boss fights are pretty garbage TBH.

I like how people who only watch others play claim it's not a puzzle boss. You need to do a specific attack at a specific moment, the game only vaguely hints at it.

They give you the grenade mines right before the fight, with a tutorial on how to use them with a big room full of enemies. Seems pretty obvious.

Hard to miss the big bulging heart sticking out of his chest.

3 hours ago, KGhaleon said:

a big room full of enemies

It's a short corridor with a few generic zombies. In no way it prepares you for the boss fight.

Though it's true after the first fight he should have known to save the mines and try to shoot them on the walls (the manual even says to shoot them on the ground or walls). But he did as usual, repeat the same strategy that didn't work the first time. I think he also ignored what Jill sandwich says, to make him fall off the clock tower. He was too focused to spam attacks to end the fight as fast as possible, as usual.

It can still be called a puzzle boss though, even if it's simple.

But I'll say it: It's the chat's fault. They should have known by now how it works and should look up the solution. You failed chat.

7 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

I like how people who only watch others play claim it's not a puzzle boss. You need to do a specific attack at a specific moment, the game only vaguely hints at it.

I'm playing RE3 Remake myself. It's not a puzzle boss. "Knock it down then hit it until it's dead" is not a puzzle. Also, no, it is no way the chat's job to tell Phil how to beat a boss, he just needs to stop being impatient and learn brute forcing his way through things doesn't always work.

Edited by Puggy
Posted (edited)
On 4/5/2020 at 1:31 AM, KGhaleon said:

Yeah, that wasn't pretty to see. It's not like the streamchat made the game. :D

Most people beat hardcore before he even uploaded his videos on youtube, and we had no guides to tell us what to do.

Heck, JILL HERSELF tells you what to do, full new Tomb Raider style.

All Phil needed to do was shoot the thing, and that would have at least triggered Jill's internal monologue.

On 4/5/2020 at 1:31 AM, KGhaleon said:

Also from what I've been hearing Hardcore in RE3R isn't what it used to be, apparently the difficulty modes are more like this:

Casual: Baby mode

Normal: Easy

Hardcore: Normal

Nightmare: Hard (the real Hardcore mode)

If you beat Nightmare, there's one more difficulty level.

Inferno. Or , as I like to call it, the actual Resident Evil 3 Remake: 5 typewriters, no autosaves, even larger healbars, different item locations and zombies spawn by falling from the fucking sky.

Edited by kill-chan
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

It's a short corridor with a few generic zombies. In no way it prepares you for the boss fight.

Though it's true after the first fight he should have known to save the mines and try to shoot them on the walls (the manual even says to shoot them on the ground or walls). But he did as usual, repeat the same strategy that didn't work the first time. I think he also ignored what Jill sandwich says, to make him fall off the clock tower. He was too focused to spam attacks to end the fight as fast as possible, as usual.

It can still be called a puzzle boss though, even if it's simple.

But I'll say it: It's the chat's fault. They should have known by now how it works and should look up the solution. You failed chat.

ok , no, let's honest here. The game gives you a grenade launcher exactly where you need it, in the sewers, to beat those big white things.

Then it gives you mines ammo, 6 zombies, and then the boss fight starts. You don't need to be a genius to understand how a proximity mine works, and even if  you don't , a few tries are more than enough to grasp the concept.

Anyway, back to the boss fight: you shoot the guy , he starts wallrunning, and if you insist enough times with the same fruitless strategi, Jill tells what to do.

The rest is dodge/shoot.

Also, it's Resident Evil. You shouldn't be wasting ammo on zombies, especially those placed in a "short corridor" you can pretty much tell you won't go back to.

Edited by kill-chan
  • Like 1