Jump to content
The King of Hate Forums
MoraMoria

Polls

✯  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

This happened last time, you don't read what I said.

Sometime after the creation of this thread, (unknown to you), I understood Phil wouldn't do this & his opinion of it, not before. Hence me posting: "Now I know...(it)", within that unkown period of time after the thread's creation. It's seriously right up there.

Also, I said that the thread's objective of making Phil accept it was lost, (not every objective of it). Hence me posting: "...lost that objective.", emphasis on "that". I also got some other info as well.

Thanks for participating.

But you continued to try and streamline your idea merely 2 hours ago when he turned down your idea before then:

2 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

This is probably what I'd do:

  • Make the normal nomination thread like always, and get the most nominated games, (up until 30 options). Then assign a number to each game, and post the image on Social Media.
  • Tell my viewers the poll will start sometime in the next week, during stream.
  • Go to a website like Strawpoll, (https://www.strawpoll.me/), or similar, and enter the data. The title can simply be: "Event"; the answers are simply: "1", "2", "3", and so on.
  • Select: "IP Duplication Checking" & "Improve Spam Prevention", (which is a Captcha).
  • Copy the link, tell my viewers the poll starts, and paste it on chat.
  • Since you can't change the poll's duration, you simply let 1 minute pass, then check results. E.g: "Okay guys, 1 minute has passed, I'll check the results, and the winner is:"

Example of image you'd put on Social Media:

SealOfApproval.thumb.png.1339d9ab60a4cfc27603bcd5f4ac6ce7.png

 


Example for making StrawPoll:

StrawPoll.thumb.png.80f4ed6e7c6a9dc3cba6a534cc4f53d2.png

 


If you knew he wasn't going to do anything you said, why would you continue to push it down his throat? Shouldn't you have the thread locked? Shouldn't YOU STOP? That's why me tagging you with getting self owned is justified. Maybe you should accept your ideas are bad and think your ideas through before posting them.

Ok then.

Edited by UpLambCho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UpLambCho said:

But you continued to try and streamline your idea merely 2 hours ago when he turned down your idea before then.

If you knew he wasn't going to do anything you said, why would you continue to push it down his throat? Shouldn't you have the thread locked? Shouldn't YOU STOP? That's why me tagging you with getting self owned is justified. Maybe you should accept your ideas are bad and think your ideas through before posting them.

I realised after he made the post, for other reasons, again you're assuming the timeline here. And I wasn't pushing it down his throat, I was having a conversation with a couple of other people.

The idea is good for its purpose, I already explained how and why, and I also got to see other's opinions about it. Whether I stop or not doesn't concern you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UpLambCho said:

If you knew he wasn't going to do anything you said, why would you continue to push it down his throat?

Because there's nothing better to do. Just like what you are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

The idea is good for its purpose, I already explained how and why, and I also got to see other's opinions about it. Whether I stop or not doesn't concern you.

So whats the point of discussing something that's not going to happen? Are you that bored with your life? Just come up with a better idea instead of arguing your idea that not only Phil didn't care for, but wasn't going to work regardless.

2 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

Because there's nothing better to do. Just like what you are doing.

So this forum is basically for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UpLambCho said:

So whats the point of discussing something that's not going to happen?

Phil's deciding to do this or not, is out of the equation already, the creation of the thread was intended from a non-linear point of thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MoraMoria said:

Phil's deciding to do this or not, is out of the equation already, the creation of the thread was intended from a non-linear point of thinking.

Man it took you 10 minutes to type a sentence. Wow. Anyways, I think you're doing what they call "Moving The Goalpost" so you can be viewed less like a moron. I understand, but you could just accept your idea was bad. 

Okay then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UpLambCho said:

Man it took you 10 minutes to type a sentence. Wow. Anyways, I think you're doing what they call "Moving The Goalpost" so you can be viewed less like a moron. I understand, but you could just accept your idea was bad. 

Okay then.

Didn't take me 10 minutes for it, you just keep assuming.

I didn't move any goalpost, maybe you don't understand what is being written.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I didn't move any goalpost, maybe you don't understand what is being written.

I understand you must have the last word after you get destroyed and being called out for having bad ideas.  Now you're trying to turn your shit post into something else because you can't accept being wrong. Whatever.

You can have that last word, but your idea still sucks. kthnxbye.

Edited by UpLambCho
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still wasn't told how letting trolls/whoever have 1 minute for voting, happening at random, was less effective against multiple-voting than letting trolls several weeks for it. I should emphasize the word "less", because some people don't know how to read properly.

The answer so far has been a red herring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 8:51 PM, MoraMoria said:

What are your opinions of this, do you propose a better way? Feel free to add anything you like.

3 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

Also, I said that the thread's objective of making Phil accept it was lost, (not every objective of it). Hence me posting: "...lost that objective.", emphasis on "that". I also got some other info as well.

Thanks for participating.

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

some people don't know how to read properly.

 

Edited by MoraMoria

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took care of that idiot. Had to delete all his nonsense.

So, the suggestions so far were:

Twitch polls (but those would exclude YouTube viewers, so I'm apprehensive to do them);

or Straw Poll (which sadly, has been known to be very abusive with troll votes).

I think if we could actually find a legitimate 3rd party polling site, where the trolling could be controlled, we'd be golden. It USED to be these forums, but even these aren't safe. So I'm not sure what else can be done?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanna point out that no online voting platform will ever be 100% "secure". No matter how much we try to avoid people voting multiple times as long as the registration is open and there's no identity verification of any kind you cannot be sure of the vote validity. You can just as easily make multiple twitch accounts and vote multiple times there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Mighty Onyx said:

I just wanna point out that no online voting platform will ever be 100% "secure". No matter how much we try to avoid people voting multiple times as long as the registration is open and there's no identity verification of any kind you cannot be sure of the vote validity. You can just as easily make multiple twitch accounts and vote multiple times there.

His patreon only polls would be the most reliable since the only folks that can vote are people who have paid to vote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the thing with excluding folks who only watch the YouTube vids. It sucks and I get that excluding people on the platform where you started feels shitty. However the reality is that it's going to be very hard (impossible?) to make is easy for them to vote at their convenience without either have the poll flooded with troll/dupe votes or pay-gating it. Really, even if you go with the non-Twitch poll option but only leave it open for a short time, it's highly likely they won't get to vote anyway due to the tight time window.

Twitch voting is easy to do but w/o restrictions people w/multiple accounts can still switch between them and vote multiple times. Slightly harder to do with a shorter time window. You can limit voting to subs which should significantly cut down on duplicate/troll voting but puts voting behind a paywall. You also have the option of making a Sub vote count as 2 which I suppose could be considered a soft paywall and won't solve the problem of dupe voting. There's also the option of letting people add additional votes w/bits but this would open the door to letting 1-2 people decide the game being played which I feel goes against the spirit of community voting.

Strawpoll with dupe IP checking and spam protection isn't a bad idea if the poll is up for a short amount of time. Of course people can VPN (among other things) but I have to wonder how many people are really willing to do that, especially on a poll that's only up for a couple of minutes. I believe that this method has the best potential to cut down on dupe/troll voting that doesn't involve requiring voters to pay.

As Onyx said I don't believe there is a 100% solution so it's about finding something that works well enough. The best thing you can do IMO is to try several of the methods suggested. We can theorycraft all day but trying out methods and seeing what does and doesn't work is what you need to do to get results. Pick a method, try it. If it doesn't work great, tweak it and try again. Do this w/various options and find something that works best for the situation.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VertigoTeaparty said:

Strawpoll with dupe IP checking and spam protection isn't a bad idea if the poll is up for a short amount of time. Of course people can VPN (among other things) but I have to wonder how many people are really willing to do that, especially on a poll that's only up for a couple of minutes. I believe that this method has the best potential to cut down on dupe/troll voting that doesn't involve requiring voters to pay.

Yeah, and that was the idea I proposed. Since I know that there's no real way to verify if the person voting is the same over the Internet, the major factor involved would be time. Because letting 1 or 2 minutes for voting would massively cut down multiple-votes when compared to letting weeks for someone to do it. I also added the factor of making the poll at random, over the next week, so that would be more difficult for a troll to prepare to act.

I also understand Phil's concern about his Youtube's audience, and I agree with your suggestion of trying things out.

Anyways, I think I've explained the way I'd do it, now Phil can decide what to do, or anyone else to propose more ideas or share opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...