The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Retrospective Event (Feb. 2020) NOMINATIONS Thread!

DSP's Inbox Episode 1 (7-19-10) (Reupload) , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_E_99BMD8A , These series of DSP's Inbox videos are pre-Ask the King

Ultra Street Fighter 2 MP: June 26, 2017 pt3 - Holy Crap, Jason Wilson?! , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwHa7bXuFyo&t=294s 

Phil, Definitely watch these videos! These videos in this playlist are Behind-the-scenes of Project 7.

• Like 1

How about a retrospective of this console generation as it comes to a close. Look back on what you thought the PS4 and XBOX One were going to be like versus what came out.

No specific timestamps, just give it a skim

More of my Nominations from me for the (Feb. 2020) Retrospective event:

Gaming Schedule Update: 2nd Half 2014 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pC5gPHptzZc , Timestamp: 0:00 to 8:53

Gaming Schedule Update - Early 2015 , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8zGwfW1EsM , Timestamp: 0:00 to 11:15

Gaming Schedule Update: August-End of 2015 - WHAT A YEAR! , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rvtdtQ-oWk , Timestamp: 0:00 to 11:13

Gaming Schedule Update: August-December 2016! , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCcqA6bndSo&t=1s Timestamp: 0:00 to 14:17

Edited by Derichloveslemur

Can we put a limit on how many clips one person can nominate? The last time Derich posted about 38 videos and approximately 100% of them were boring and pointless and everyone in chat just about rioted. He's already added way too many here and will probably post more.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, BlueEyesWhiteDragon said:

Can we put a limit on how many clips one person can nominate? The last time Derich posted about 38 videos and approximately 100% of them were boring and pointless and everyone in chat just about rioted. He's already added way too many here and will probably post more.

I kind of doubt Phil will want to limit the nominations from one of the handful of people who are bothering to 1) come on the forums and 2) search through old videos of his to suggest. Realistically, it is easy to avoid having the chat getting bored and pissed off though. Phil screens these videos before he adds them to the list doesn't he? At least that would make sense to me

3 minutes ago, Another_Derich said:

I kind of doubt Phil will want to limit the nominations from one of the handful of people who are bothering to 1) come on the forums and 2) search through old videos of his to suggest. Realistically, it is easy to avoid having the chat getting bored and pissed off though. Phil screens these videos before he adds them to the list doesn't he? At least that would make sense to me

I think BlueEye's point is that regardless of him being one of the few who does that, doesn't mean much if the videos are of no/little interest. (I haven't looked at Derich's videos, so I don't know how appropriate they are).

Also, I think Phil does review the videos just to see if they're eligible, and if it's not troll/way too long, but I'm sure he doesn't watch them before the event, he just wings it.

There's also the problem of people not knowing what has already been nominated, and would require some effort to look through. My opinion is that he could do a half-retrospective, then half-multiplayer game with fans. That way Phil's repertoire of old videos doesn't exhaust as fast.

6 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I think BlueEye's point is that regardless of him being one of the few who does that, doesn't mean much if the videos are of no/little interest. (I haven't looked at Derich's videos, so I don't know how appropriate they are).

Also, I think Phil does review the videos just to see if they're eligible, and if it's not troll/way too long, but I'm sure he doesn't watch them before the event, he just wings it.

There's also the problem of people not knowing what has already been nominated, and would require some effort to look through. My opinion is that he could do a half-retrospective, then half-multiplayer game with fans. That way Phil's repertoire of old videos doesn't exhaust as fast.

I agree with BlueEye's point. From the ones I've watched during stream and glanced at in this thread, I would agree that they have little to no interest but do fit with the rules and can be viewed as appropriate for the stream. I haven't attended all retrospective events but I do recall some people in chat having problems with things that Derich nominated.

I would have assumed he watched through large parts to make sure there is nothing in there that can be seen as slightly troll-ish like him saying something inappropriate or something concerning someone he no longer wants to talk about. You may be right that he is just winging it.

That is a good point about half-retrospective and half-multiplayer with fans. I don't know which number retrospective we are on but for most people, it is definitely impossible to know which videos have been done without a ton of searching. If Phil does another one of these, he needs to keep an exhaustive list that gets updated to avoid repeat nominations.

Honestly I just prefer to see gaming events being what is done compared to the retrospective. Especially since the retrospective feels a little played out at this point.

Runs until about 55:00 (starts at 19:05 if the link doesn't work proper with time index). Roughly 36 minutes might be a bit much though. Here's a shorter one

Runs from 38:10 to 49:00 a bit more manageable length. 

Derich posted this one but he fucked it up. Here is the proper video with the right timestamp 25:55 about to 27:40 I guess.  I definitely second this one even tho it's just quickie LOL

11 hours ago, LastRambo341 said:

The video is just 1:14:52 long , how can you put 1:43:58?

You're right, although I'm sure they meant: 43:58, because it's when he starts talking about taxes and all that stuff.

14 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

You're right, although I'm sure they meant: 43:58, because it's when he starts talking about taxes and all that stuff.

Phil will most likely ignore it