The King of Hate Forums
Phil

Ask the King. Ep. 81 - UPDATED To May 7, 2020

Please post up your questions for the next episode of Ask the King HERE! Thanks very much!

• Like 1

What is that special "it" factor that most Ubisoft open world games are missing that would make them huge GOTY contenders similar to other open world games like The Witcher 3, Breath of the Wild and Red Dead Redemption 2?

I find all the Assassin's Creed, Watch_Dogs, Far Cry etc. games are competently made and have some fun stuff in them but I never get that "oh yeah this is the best game of the year" feel from them.

Dear Phil,

2020 will be a GREAT year for you, with many AWESOME games coming this year, plus a new console gen! So there lies my question, would you ever give up on console gameplay for the more superior PC gameplay? If you saved your money by not buying the next gen consoles you could get yourself a decent PC to see you well into the future of gaming. Most streamers now days just game on PC, why don't you?

Hello Phil,

Since you skipped all these questions I posted for last Ask the King but you still complained about not having many questions I'll post the unused ones here again for you! Feel free to answer them this time. Also I'll try to think up some new ones in the coming weeks.

• When is Jasper's birthday?

• Happy New Year! I was thinking about the new year and the future. Last year (2019) you talked with your mom and she encouraged you to take action and plan to step back from streaming and you made a promise to her that you would work on it. Have you made any progress? I know it's difficult but I think taking the time to plan and map out the pros can cons would really help you formulate a plan and audit your processes.

• Since you don't make any of your emotes, or your pre-stream slides, or your thumbnails or your pop up animations for cheering, subbing, or tipping. Have you considered the idea of making a list of these items which you need or want for the future so that fans can create potential content for your use? 

If say, for example, in March you said on the forums "This summer I want to have a new emote of dspCheese, please create a DSP themed emote of cheese!" then whomever has the time and skill would be able to create emotes and you could choose your favorite or have the community vote on what one they like the best. This same process could be used to create the pre-stream slides, thumbnails and or the animations! 

• What was your favorite hamburger you ever ate? Mine was a cheeseburger I cooked on a BBQ in 2016. It had cheddar cheese and a big slice of tomato and onion on it. I put a bit of mayo on the bun. It was really good. 

• Like 1

Hello Phil. I'm just wondering if it might be possible for you to display the seed for any of the Minecraft worlds you have created. I'm referring to your original 2015 Minecraft playthrough, the kingofhate.com 2015 fan appreciation stream, and your current Chill night-stream sessions. I just think it would be neat to archive your worlds forever not just in video format, but to have the actual world itself for others to play in. Most Minecraft content creators put the seed number in the description of their videos.

I'm not sure if you still have the original world from 2015 saved on your computer, but it is only a matter of opening the command prompt with '/' and typing 'seed' to display the seed number. In the Xbox One edition, click on the pencil icon when you boot up the game, copy the game, and then click the pencil icon again to display the seed for that.

Alternatively, just sharing the world files is just as easy. On Windows, the world saves are located in %appdata%\. minecraft\saves\. And on Xbox One, you have the option to upload your world to 'Realms' for others to download and enjoy. I will be sure to help more if you require it, on here or on the streams. Thank you very much!

Dear Phil,

We all know that you have a cat named Jasper. You also used to have little hamsters during your first years in Washington. My question to you is: What happened to the hamsters? Did they pass away? Did you sell them? Did they run away from home?

Thank you for your time.

You've said that you've admitted to things that were either partially or completely your fault.

My question is: What is the most important thing throughout your life, that you admit a completely 100% of responsability from your part?

• Like 1

Are you a fan of the SOCOM series? If so, did you regularly play online multiplayer, and what do you feel some of SOCOM's advantages and disadvantages are compared to the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare series which ended up being a huge blow to SOCOM? If a new SOCOM game were to be released would you even play it, or would you skip it because of the already overcrowded shooter genre?

• Like 1

Word on the beach is that Phillip Burnell isn’t 100% the same word for word persona(4golden) DarkSydePhil is?!?!?!?! Why am I toxic?!?!?! Me no get it! Can you please tear down at least one wall for people who have a traumatic brain injury like me? 

On 2/24/2020 at 8:43 PM, CiscoCertified said:

Are you a fan of the SOCOM series? If so, did you regularly play online multiplayer, and what do you feel some of SOCOM's advantages and disadvantages are compared to the Call Of Duty Modern Warfare series which ended up being a huge blow to SOCOM? If a new SOCOM game were to be released would you even play it, or would you skip it because of the already overcrowded shooter genre?

If the king of retro played old as fuck psp socom games...would he play on an actual psp or an emulator like uuuuuuryone else?

Hey Phil, I have a question for you. What are your opinions on "Live Action Adaptations"? To me, they can be hit or miss. There are good ones like the Marvel movies, and, in my opinion, the Hitman: Agent 47 movie a few years back. And there are really bad ones, like the Attack on Titan live action, The DBZ live action, and the Alone in the Dark movie. What are your thoughts. Thanks for all that you do, and have a awesome day!

Here’s my question for April’s Ask The King. 

Are there any collaborations or side projects through your decade plus of content creation fans aren’t aware of which nearly happened and for some reason didn’t pan out?

Edited by Snoutfoot
Forgot the question lol

Do you think you have a shopping addiction? You said, "I didn't know what to do with it!" regarding your previous YouTube income. I think most college students know to save money towards retirement, investments, and unexpected expenses.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 9:10 PM, tednugent said:

Do you think you have a shopping addiction? You said, "I didn't know what to do with it!" regarding your previous YouTube income. I think most college students know to save money towards retirement, investments, and unexpected expenses.

I think so. He thought a rainy day fund meant SPEND! SPEND! SPEND!

• Like 1

Hey Phil, I remember back on an episode of Ask The King in summer 2015, Donald Trump had just announced his candidacy for president and someone asked you about it. You responded to his question by strongly attacking Trump, saying that he was a customer at your old helicopter company job and that he never paid his bills and you all around called him an idiot and terrible person. I now notice in current times you seem much more restrained on your tone regarding him and politics in general. My question is, now that he has ascended to the presidency, is your calmer, more restrained tone because you feel differently about him now or is it because the internet culture in general is much different than it was in 2015, so now you are more apprehensive to discussing political topics?

Edited by BarackObama

On 3/27/2020 at 2:22 PM, babymngaming456 said:

Is there any lore behind the name Paul?

Oh, I know that one! I absolutely do!

His middle name is Paul.

AbsoluteKnowledgeTrascendentalImmensePureAndUnadulterated.gif.d6925d943f5492e4cc2383c8708a5487.gif

Hi Phil,

I want to make this video talking about YouTubers and Twitch streamers that I like to watch. But I don't want to just give everyone high praise as if they're above criticism. However, I don't want the video to be me seemingly attacking them. Since you're one of people in the video, do you have any ideas on how I should go about it?

Hi Phil, I have 1 question for this episode of Ask the King.

So I know that you are playing SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated on your Nintendo switch in June, how are you preparing to play that game in less than a month? Are you gonna be watching a couple of episodes of Spongebob every night and when you have the time?

With all the weird trolling going on surrounding the WWE Champions mobile game, I think we have to ask, is there any validity to the claims that the trolls have made? Some estimates put the amount of money the 'TheyCallMeDSP' account has spent on the game at a range of about $20,000-$40,000. Will you come out and tell your fans that you have not spent thousands of dollars on the WWE Champions mobile game to squash the claims the trolls have made? Thank you.

Streaming six days a week twice a day can be very taxing on your body. I know most people think that you just play video games for a living but don’t seem to understand that everything you do, both on scene and behind the scenes, can be both physically and mentally draining. Do you think people will ever understand the side of a streamer or will they only see it as a person who just plays fun games for a living?

I kind of see it like sports athletes....they play a fun sport for a living and make money. Most people don’t want to hear them complain about their “tough” job because of this, but anyone who has played sports will be able to tell you how physically and mentally tough you have to be. 

• Like 1