The King of Hate Forums

Ask the King. Ep. 81 - UPDATED To May 7, 2020

Do you feel that it's time to change the music during your prestream/breaks? Sure the old school remixes are good and all, but it may sound really repetitive to daily viewers. Would you be open to having remixes of video game songs play on your streams instead of the current playlist?

First time Question. 

You have 24 thousand Twitter followers, each tweet gets an average of 6 likes, on Twitch you have 88 thousand followers, yet each stream gets between 400 – 500 viewers,  and again you have an established forum (let's say over five years old), yet you struggle to get feedback for an upcoming event.  Based on these figures alone, there's clearly a communication issue with your viewer base .

Yet systematically each stream, your viewers are reminded, hide your identity, keep your DM’s closed, if you tip use an alternative non traceable name.  To further solidify, you remind us all of the consequences of not adhering to your advice, the gaggle of your detractors, will use any information to harass contributors, their families and workplace. 

Bewildering counsel for a newbie, let alone an established stream regular wouldn’t you agree? You remind us daily about your personal stream rules,  no talking about your detractors or their musings, reminding us if any of the rules are  broached we'll be banned, however send an email for a ban review. 

You clearly have an issue with your detractors as they have two segments for themselves,(Public Service Announcement and Stream Rules). Do you think this rhetoric is needed daily? Personally calling them out every pre-stream is boresome for myself as a regular and bemusing for a newbie. I'm here to watch your playthrough, shitpost and talk a little with chat.   

Personally,  Saying hello to the regulars on stream like myself and others goes a long way. A simple thank you for turning up, How are we doing? Good to see you?

I'm interested to know your thoughts.

Edited by Grazydream
  • Upvote 1
8 hours ago, Grazydream said:

First time Question. 

You have 24 thousand Twitter followers, each tweet gets an average of 6 likes, on Twitch you have 88 thousand followers, yet each stream gets between 400 – 500 viewers,  and again you have an established forum (let's say over five years old), yet you struggle to get feedback for an upcoming event.  Based on these figures alone, there's clearly a communication issue with your viewer base .

Yet systematically each stream, your viewers are reminded, hide your identity, keep your DM’s closed, if you tip use an alternative non traceable name.  To further solidify, you remind us all of the consequences of not adhering to your advice, the gaggle of your detractors, will use any information to harass contributors, their families and workplace. 

Bewildering counsel for a newbie, let alone an established stream regular wouldn’t you agree? You remind us daily about your personal stream rules,  no talking about your detractors or their musings, reminding us if any of the rules are  broached we'll be banned, however send an email for a ban review. 

You clearly have an issue with your detractors as they have two segments for themselves,(Public Service Announcement and Stream Rules). Do you think this rhetoric is needed daily? Personally calling them out every pre-stream is boresome for myself as a regular and bemusing for a newbie. I'm here to watch your playthrough, shitpost and talk a little with chat.   

Personally,  Saying hello to the regulars on stream like myself and others goes a long way. A simple thank you for turning up, How are we doing? Good to see you?

I'm interested to know your thoughts.

Additionally, why do you even entertain troll tips/cheers? It's kind of weird that you even do the whole "I just got a troll tip/cheer, I'm not even going to address it." Or you totally stop the stream and point out that you're banning a troll. You're only giving them what they want, you're interrupting your stream to deal with a nuisance, and in turn giving them exactly what they want in the process. I would ask why you simply don't just click ban and move on, or read the message from the tip and cheer and not even address it. It's as easy as this: "Oh! TheBigCawk just cheered/tipped and said....*read message realize it's a troll cheer/tip* "nevermind guys... anyway were going to Wall Market...." easy as that.

Hi Phil,

Have you ever thought about taking two days off so that you could get a more normal rest and relaxation schedule? I work 5 days a week and I can't imagine working 6 days a week and fitting in errands and relaxing into one day off. Like maybe once in a while, but I would imagine after a while it would get exhausting and catch up with me. Do you feel like you are always working, or have you adapted over time so that it doesn't feel like you are working 6 days a week?

Also: If you had only one single player game to play (Can be from any console or PC) for a while on an island, what game would you pick?

(I would personally go for an RPG like Fallout New Vegas or Skyrim because of the huge amount of content and mod options on PC.)

Sincerely,

Ryainn.

Knowing that a lot of your audience looks for the "LOLZ" and like to see you fail, how hard is it to appease those type of viewers(If at all?) with the content that you are putting out? Does it bother you that there are people, malicious or not, that look at your content more as comedy rather than take it as a serious form of gameplay, as shown with the chat reactions over a failure or death or blunder committed on a live stream? Off the top of your head, which game would you say you, intentionally or not, maybe had your content for the long haul end up going down the comedic route?

Edited by Blackspawn89

With the new consoles set to launch this year, do you think the same launch woes from previous console launches (lack of interesting games, an absurd amount of bugs, etc) will be present in this launch?

Also do you think the next generation of consoles should focus on 4k or 60fps games? 

Hi Phil, i have 3 questions for you.

Are you still excited for the last of us 2 despite the recent spoiler leaks? Do you think you will play the last of us 2 when it releases?

Will you also play Ghost of Tsushima?

Do you think the PS5 will be released successfully at the end of 2020 or could it be delayed due to the coronavirus if it is still spreading until that point?

Thanks!

• Phil locked this topic
  • Phil unpinned and unfeatured this topic