The King of Hate Forums
Fortnut

List of unwanted games/Possible Xenoblade playthrough on the switch?

What would be DSP's list of games that he would never play if people asked him about it? It's just out of curiosity. Also, way back in 2012, he played Xenoblade Chronicles on the wii but never actually finished the game, possibly due to how excessively long it is. Since the definitive edition is coming out soon, can we expect the playthrough to continue on the switch?

Just now, Fortnut said:

I remember that he didn't want to play Danganronpa V3 because he had to read so much text and it's hurting his throat.

But he might play that one. I say this because on the last event, (Viewer's choice), "Danganronpa V3" was eligible on the poll, it just didn't win, but might have.

Just now, babymngaming456 said:

any souls like

2D style metroidvania like games

Is the "Megaman Zero/ZX Legacy Collection" a Metroidvania? I don't know, sorry.

Wasn't he about to play "Dark Souls" yet again, but took it out because people told him they didn't want it?

4 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Is the "Megaman Zero/ZX Legacy Collection" a Metroidvania?

no

5 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

Wasn't he about to play "Dark Souls" yet again

he had a weak moment

5 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

but took it out because people told him they didn't want it?

that's the excuse we are going for even though 460 people voted for it https://www.strawpoll.me/19348976/r

33 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

he had a weak moment

That's why he'll eventually play a Souls-like. It's inevitable, like the passage of time.

I don't think it should be added to the Forbidden-List.

2 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

he'll eventually play a Souls-like

Maybe if the next troll tipper isn't a complete idiot and directly gifts him a Code Vein code.

He'll play Nioh 2, don't know how much souls clone it is, but it's a major release. I meant more like indie games, replaying DS/BB.

Well if a troll tipper manages to make Phil play Code Vein he at least did something good.

But you really have to be something if you cheer then tell him to buy the game from it because you want to see the TIHYDP and then complain you got scammed.

I year or so ago I unsuccessfully lobbied for the free to play PC games “Rinse & Repeat” and “Cobra Club” to no avail hahahahhaha...I’m gonna go out in a limb and assume there’s a 0% chance he’ll bless us with a play through or either game. I recently started playing valkyrie drive bhikkhuni on the ps vita, I don’t think Phil would play this game either. 

Edited by Snoutfoot
Forgot valkyrie drive bhikkhuni

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

any souls like

2D style metroidvania like games

anime style games with waifus

1. Ok, you already explained you meant indie games, so that is cool.

2. He recently beat Castlevania on the genesis mini.

3. That is too broad. For example, wouldn't Persona 5 be considered an anime style game with waifus?

3 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

He played one of them I think it was the first one.

I know, but some people asked him to replay it, and also there's "Catherine: Full Body", which he'll avoid like the Coronavirus.

3 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

He recently beat Castlevania on the genesis mini.

that's not a metroidvania, Castlevania became like Metroid with SOTN

4 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

That is too broad. For example, wouldn't Persona 5 be considered an anime style game with waifus?

there always will be exceptions to the rule

he will play games if they are voted on by patreons/viewers, he would play Code Vein and others if it won the poll but not else

3 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I know, but some people asked him to replay it, and also there's "Catherine: Full Body", which he'll avoid like the Coronavirus.

Sounds good.

3 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

that's not a metroidvania, Castlevania became like Metroid with SOTN

there always will be exceptions to the rule

he will play games if they are voted on by patreons/viewers, he would play Code Vein and others if it won the poll but not else

Understood.

Is this thread for a list of games/genre of games that cannot be nominated for a special event because DSP automatically disqualifies said games? 

If yes, then I am all for it. This would remove the instances of people nominating a game feeling personally attacked because DSP disqualified it.

42 minutes ago, GuessWhat said:

Is this thread for a list of games/genre of games that cannot be nominated for a special event because DSP automatically disqualifies said games? 

If yes, then I am all for it. This would remove the instances of people nominating a game feeling personally attacked because DSP disqualified it.

Sounds like it is, but is meaningless until Phil himself posts/verifies the mentioned games.

So like I've said in previous threads, and other people suggested, make an Official-List with either all the eligible games, or all the non eligible games, and objective rules not open for subjectivity. It may take an effort, but it's fair and no one will be justified to complain about the result, if chosen by following the rules.

7 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

He's refused to play games that won polls or even patron's choice before, for various reasons. So a game winning a poll isn't a guarantee that he'll play it. Going in line with that...

9 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

But he might play that one. I say this because on the last event, (Viewer's choice), "Danganronpa V3" was eligible on the poll, it just didn't win, but might have.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Phil put something he didn't really want to play on a poll, refused to play it when it won, them blamed us for nominating it. That's just how Phil do.

Edited by Puggy

Clearly it was the old non married Phil who played Persona 5, now that he's a married dude now and romance storylines in video games is apparently cheating and "immature" he has no need for anime waifus because he has his own real waifu. He straight up skipped Fire Emblem 3 Houses, one of the best games last year for the same crazy reason, and also that it's "niche" (ROFL, it's the most mainstream Fire Emblem ever made). Dude is super insecure. Miranda's ass in Mass Effect 2 is gonna make him look away from the screen and cover his eyes. 

Edited by Royal_Phalanx91
  • Like 1

In Phil’s defense, the fire emblem series has traditionally been niche amongst tactical RPGs only ever appearing on a few of Nintendo’s handhelds. In the last couple years with the success of the fire emblem mobile game and Three Houses bringing the franchise to home console it’s gaining popularity quickly. Secondly, I would be SHOCKED if Phil doesn’t play Persona 6 on its launch day. As far as the waifu thing goes, Phil is a 38 year old grown ass married man.  He doesn’t need to make pretend and lust over drawings of women, he has the real thing. Any candid self respecting human being over the age of 14 would think Waifu’s are immature

this may be a mouthful, but based on wikitubia, here's the current list of games left unfinished

Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PC) (He played it because many of his fans were asking him for years to play it, but, upon discovering that Phil was not scared of the game, they stopped watching, and Phil stopped playing)

Amy (Xbox 360) (stopped due to frustration)

Attack On Titan (PS4) (Stopped because he chose not to do side missions to unlock the main story progress)

Batman Beyond: Return Of The Joker (PS1) (Stopped playing due to frustration of platform jumping, and also because of not enjoying the game)

Batman & Robin (PS1) (Stopped due to frustration)

Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu (PS2) (stopped due to frustration at the final stage)

BioShock Infinite DLC: Clash in the Clouds (Xbox 360) (stopped due to frustration, as well as repetition and high difficulty)

Bloodborne DLC: The Old Hunters (PS4) (stopped due to frustration)

Bound By Flame (PS4) (Stopped playing because he said it was too generic)

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (Xbox 360) (stopped due to game-ruining bug)

Corpse Killer (Sega CD) (stopped due to "terrible gameplay")

Crysis 3 (Xbox 360) (unknown reason)

Dante's Inferno (Xbox 360) (removed due to the playthrough being flagged for nudity)

Deathspank (Xbox 360) (lost interest)

Defiance (Xbox 360) (stopped due to frustration)

Disgaea 5 (PS4) (stopped due to frustration and boredom)

DOOM 3 BFG Edition (Xbox360) (completed Doom 3, never attempted Resurrection Of Evil, Lost Mission or the Multiplayer component of the game)

Drakengard 3 (PS3) (stopped due to frustration, repetitive and boring combat, game running badly, and nonsensical storyline)

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Quit due to lack of interest, low views)

Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two (Wii U) (stopped due to frustration and boredom)

Exmortis 2 (PC) (stopped due to frustration)

Far Cry Primal (PS4) (stopped due to boredom and not completing everything)

Fatal Frame 3: The Tormented (PS3) (Stopped playing due to boredom and complaints from Leanna)

Five Nights At Freddy's (PC) (Stopped playing due to boredom and the stream chat getting annoyed with him complaining about the game's mechanics)

Fracture (Xbox 360) (stopped due to frustration)

Friday the 13th: The Game (PS4) (stopped due to frustration with the game's bugs and broken matchmaking)

Furi (PS4) (stopped due to frustration, calling it archaic with bad game design, and citing terrible checkpoint placements, causing inconvenience in gameplay in conjunction with the difficulty of the game, concluding that if he were to continue playing the game, he would just become more and more frustrated with the game)

Ghostbusters (2016) (PS4) (stopped due to overall boredom and not enjoying the game, saying its the most boring game he's ever played due to repetitive gameplay, and calling it an absolute ripoff for a $50 game)

Godfather II (Xbox 360) (Initially stopped due to being flagged for nudity; Eventually re-recorded when he became a Machinima partner, replayed as a co-op playthrough with Leanna (AKA PandaLee, Phil's then-girlfriend)

Homefront: The Revolution (PS4) (stopped due to frustration, saying that it's the worst game he's ever played)

Just Cause 2 (Xbox 360) (stopped playing due to boredom and because Just Cause 3 was close to release date)

Just Cause 3 (Xbox One) (Stopped due to boredom)

Killer Is Dead (Xbox 360) (stopped due to boring and repetitive gameplay)

Killzone 2 (PS3) (stopped for an unknown reason)

Killzone: Shadow Fall (PS4) (stopped due to unknown reason, possibly lost interest)

Legends of Wrestlemania (Xbox 360) (deleted due to copyright claim)

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (PS4) (stopped due to a major game breaking bug)

LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (PS4) (stopped due to a game breaking bug, as well as expressing overall displeasure of playing the game)

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (Xbox 360) (stopped due to being unable to defeat the final boss, and got tired of the game. He did a live commentary of watching the ending of the game via another user's playthrough)

Lords of the Fallen (PS4) (stopped due to a game breaking bug)

Madden 2012 (Xbox 360) (stopped playing due to frustration)

Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems (SNES) (stopped due to difficulty)

Megaman X3 (SNES) (stopped due to frustration on the final boss)

Megaman X6 (PS1) (stopped due to frustration)

NBA 2K16 (PS4) (stopped due to high difficulty)

Ninja Gaiden (NES) (stopped due to frustration and to the game's difficulty)

No Man's Sky (PS4) (stopped due to having lost interest in playing the game any further and having no desire in continuing to progress any further in the game, saying that he was disappointed in how the game turned out to be due to its monotonous world, game bugs, and a lack of a tutorial making it very difficult on how to play the game)

Ori The Blind Forest (PC) (Stopped due to boredom and frustration)

Parasite Eve (PS1) (Stopped playing due to boredom)

Persona 3 FES (PS2, emulated on PS3) (stopped due to having lost interest in playing the game any further, and pointing out how the playthrough was dragged way too out to be further enjoyable. A game that was voted Patreon's Choice on Phil's Patreon, Phil was highly criticized for abruptly and prematurely ending the playthrough, as he was on the final boss, but was unable to defeat it, as well as possibly screwing over Patreons who paid $1,250 just to see him play the game, only for him to end it in a acrimonious manner. Also, Phil was playing the game on Easy Mode, even adding much outrage to fans that he couldn't beat the game on that difficulty setting. Phil would later state on his Twitter that he will no longer be accepting long-form RPGs as Patreon's Choice selections, after seeing how Persona 3 FES' playthrough came out to be)

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - My Turnabout: Case 5 (Wii) (stopped because the last case was too difficult)

Pokkén Tournament (Wii U) (Stopped playing due to boredom)

Prize Fighter (Sega CD) (stopped due to frustration and inability to fight the final boss due to unfair gameplay mechanics)

Puppeteer (PS3) (stopped due to boring and repetitive gameplay)

Ratchet & Clank: Full Frontal Assault (PS3) (stopped due to frustration)

Resident Evil 5: Mercenaries mode (Xbox 360) (stopped for an unknown reason)

Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell (PS4) (stopped due to boredom and being overall unimpressed with the DLC, saying that it is one of the worst DLCs he's ever played)

SCP: Containment Breach (PC) (stopped due to frustration)

Secret of Mana (PS4) (stopped due to frustration fighting the final boss)

Shadow Complex (Xbox 360) (stopped for an unknown reason)

Silent Hill P.T. (PS4) (Stopped playing and didn't even get the easter eggs or jump scares, insulted Hideo Kojima)

Skate 2 (Xbox 360) (stopped due to "sharp learning curve")

Slender: The 8 Pages (PC) (Stopped due to boredom)

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U) (stopped due to boredom)

Splinter Cell: Conviction (Xbox 360) (stopped due to a false copyright claim, and never resumed)

SSX (Xbox 360) (stopped due to frustration)

Super Meat Boy (PC) (Stopped due to low views and boredom)

Tales Of Xillia 2 (PS3) (Stopped playing due to boredom and frustration)

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X (Xbox 360) (stopped for an unknown reason)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 (PS4) (stopped due to sheer frustration and boredom, stating it's one of the worst games he's ever played)

Transistor (PS4) (stopped due to disliking the game)

Unravel (PS4) (Stopped playing due to boredom and low views)

World of Warcraft (PC) (Stopped playing due to boredom and players trolling him)

WWE Smackdown vs RAW 2009 (Xbox 360) (deleted due to copyright claim)

XCOM: Enemy Unknown (Xbox 360) (stopped for an unknown reason)

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) (lost interest in playing the game)

Yakuza Kiwami (PS4) (stopped for an unknown reason)

ZombiU (Wii U) (stopped due to frustration, stating the gameplay is "very horrible" and is full of "tedium" )

18 hours ago, Snoutfoot said:

Any candid self respecting human being over the age of 14 would think Waifu’s are immature

I think that's almost exactly what he said on one Minecraft stream, however he still holds his particular view on in-game romance-missions, for example.

Edited by MoraMoria

2 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I think that's almost exactly what he said on one Minecraft stream, however he still holds his particular view on in-game romance-missions, for example.

I think it’s silly that he does that. He could always let the chat spend penne points to pick his in game romances in order to buffer himself and make streams more interactive and fun.  But Dude probably avoids because of tractors maybe cause he views it as easy ammunition for them to manipulate and take out of context. Maybe Twitch told him to avoid sexual game content following “the incident” or he’d lose his partnership? Lol