The King of Hate Forums
FloydMayweather

Prestreams

I gotta give Phil credit, how the f*ck can anybody talk for that long every single day and not get bored. If he steams 7 days a week thats 7 hours of just yapping about the same stuff usually. I was there at like 10 15, took a shower, ate some food, played some battlefront 2 and came back and he was still on the prestream talking about twirling pasta with a spoon. DSP was a radio host in another life.

1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

I gotta give Phil credit, how the f*ck can anybody talk for that long every single day and not get bored. (...) DSP was a radio host in another life.

Some people can do this and may even enjoy it for different reasons.

Not really going to get into detail about Phil's case specifically, or what I think of it, but the solution is obviously showing up later. As in Prestreams can not affect you at all if you open another tab/window and do something else, for example.

The objective should either be that he speeds up the schedule & plugs segments, or that he streams earlier, so that you can watch the playthrough by the time he would start the normal Prestream, but that seems difficult to happen.

And everyone knows that other dimension Phil was a Wrestling commentator and/or successful infomercial salesman.

DimensionPhil.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FloydMayweather said:

I gotta give Phil credit, how the f*ck can anybody talk for that long every single day and not get bored. If he steams 7 days a week thats 7 hours of just yapping about the same stuff usually. I was there at like 10 15, took a shower, ate some food, played some battlefront 2 and came back and he was still on the prestream talking about twirling pasta with a spoon. DSP was a radio host in another life.

Because the next option would be to not talk about his problems but that would mean no daily prestream shit break and he would have to play the game on time.

34 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

And everyone knows that other dimension Phil was a Wrestling commentator and/or successful infomercial salesman.

DimensionPhil.png

Who ever made this needs to stop watching DSP for a while lol.

19 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

The objective should either be that he speeds up the schedule & plugs segments, or that he streams earlier, so that you can watch the playthrough by the time he would start the normal Prestream, but that seems difficult to happen.

I think the objective should be that Phil cuts out unnecessary content. He talks at length on things that can be covered in a much more concise way. Reminds me of when unprepared kids write essays and add in a ton of filler content.

1 hour ago, Another_Derich said:

I think the objective should be that Phil cuts out unnecessary content.

He just loves doing the plugs. Because even when he says he doesn't want to do the plugs they still end up being the same length as always.

Edited by babymngaming456
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, babymngaming456 said:

He just loves doing the plugs. Because even when he says he doesn't want to do the plugs they still end up being the same length as always.

So he likes hearing himself talk is what you're saying?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Another_Derich said:

I think the objective should be that Phil cuts out unnecessary content. He talks at length on things that can be covered in a much more concise way. Reminds me of when unprepared kids write essays and add in a ton of filler content.

Yes, specially with the rules, (politics, religion), and security on the Internet, (personal information on Social Media).

I think I know people can get argumentative over such topics, and that I shouldn't be screenshoting my ID card and posting it on 5 different Facebook accounts, essentially, but maybe that's just me.

Edited by MoraMoria
  • Upvote 1

On 2/28/2020 at 12:22 PM, babymngaming456 said:

I can't argue with you about that. You'd think you'd want to power through something you don't like or find a way to make it more time efficient so you don't have to slog through it.

On 2/28/2020 at 2:37 PM, MoraMoria said:

Yes, specially with the rules, (politics, religion), and security on the Internet, (personal information on Social Media).

I think I know people can get argumentative over such topics, and that I shouldn't be screenshoting my ID card and posting it on 5 different Facebook accounts, essentially, but maybe that's just me.

Right. These are common sense things and even if he wants to repeat them ad nauseam, just make them shorter. "No discussion of controversial topics like politics and religion." "If you tip, don't include any personal info."

And most people certainly already know all this so why bother talking for so long and adding in all this extra time. It would also help if he skipped over talking about certain things he claims he'll ignore or that he generally doesn't have enough information to speak about; such as the recent covid-19 discussions.

On 2/28/2020 at 12:22 PM, babymngaming456 said:

You act like Phil doesn’t ever attract new fans....gameplay + DarksydePhil excluded....what is the best part of his streams to legit newcomers(and OGs if I’m being real) cough Pre stream cough...now why on God’s flat earth Phil would want to give new fans a heads up on how to become apart of the show?!?!??!?! I’ll never know, imma silly tracta 

30 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

I like the positive meme people made out of this picture. Can't post since it's still a detractor meme.

What's the positive meme? You don't have to post it, just describe it.

52 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

What's the positive meme? You don't have to post it, just describe it.

It's an overwhelmingly positive DSP. They take negative things he says and word them positively.

45 minutes ago, babymngaming456 said:

It's an overwhelmingly positive DSP. They take negative things he says and word them positively.

Looks like they had fun with the image I posted then.

On 2/27/2020 at 7:27 PM, FloydMayweather said:

I gotta give Phil credit, how the f*ck can anybody talk for that long every single day and not get bored.

Loves the sound of his own voice? Has no one else to talk to? Bare human interaction on a day to day basis and doesn't understand that word vomit does not equal a conversation? Avoiding discussing something that is currently on his mind?

"When someone blathers incessantly, it is probably an indication that something else is on his mind." - Yamamoto Tsunetomo

• Like 1

5 hours ago, babymngaming456 said:

It bothers me he doesn't mention top tippers, from streamlabs leaderboard, when tippers are most supportive.

He doesn't have a problem by putting the top-tipper in the stream-leaderboard, or mention the name of non-troll tips, so you can just assume he does this to not make it easier for people to mess with his contributors, (emphasis on "make it easier", yes, anyone with enough resolution will be able to track names & quantity down with no problem).

If you're worried about him not disclosing contributions, or people donating behind the scenes, you'll have to be worried of something more than just him disabling the Streamlabs leaderboard. If someone wanted, they could easily give him money via other financial services/methods, and you nor anyone else wouldn't know about it.

One thing I’d like Phil to consider adding to the “contributions” segment of the pre stream is non-financial ways viewers can contribute.  A few great ways I can think of right away are by joining The King of Hate Forums, creating media is: fan art, music, emotes, etc, as well as joining the rogue gallery in one of the funnest chat rooms on twitch lol These non financial methods of contributing help the DSP Universe grow in ways money simply can’t.

That all being sad, Big ups to the rules segment of the pre stream! Mah favorite segment of the pre stream!

Also I love how he has to mention every day that he has to abide by Twitch rules and lists the reasons why. Holy jibbies, just fucking pre record that segment if you have to or even better just remove it.

Just now, FloydMayweather said:

Also I love how he has to mention every day that he has to abide by Twitch rules and lists the reasons why. Holy jibbies, just fucking pre record that segment if you have to or even better just remove it.

I think that part is just a disclaimer for him to say that it's discretionary if he wants to read everything that comes his way or not, in case someone tips with an insult or similar. I believe he views this as necessary, as it may offer some protection against chargebacks?.

About pre-recording it, would feel disrespectful and ridiculous for the viewers, if they suffer, everyone does. That's the policy.

Despite your comment being constructive criticism, I can suggest you to avoid that segment by opening a new tab and do something else.

1 hour ago, MoraMoria said:

Despite your comment being constructive criticism, I can suggest you to avoid that segment by opening a new tab and do something else.

..then get fed up, realize other streamers don't require so many hoops to jump through just to get entertainment, and move on like the other 9000 other forum members here have. Telling someone to open a new tab and do something else opens the possibility for them to easily just watch someone else. I'm sure Phil would like to reduce any possibility of that happening since he is on the brink of losing everything this year.

"By the way, I see once again we have a lot of a... trolls on the stream, who're just here to s*** on me and... you know, be stupid. There's actually STILL COMPLAINING about Prestream, despite the fact that I've... the Prestream has existed ever since the first day I've ever streamed, and it is always a part of the stream. A lot of people said they had tuned in just for the Prestream, so... goodbye, so long, toodles, さようなら, no one will miss you, trust me."

141020193122.jpg

I do find humor in that excuse about it existing for such a long time that it should stay and people get used to it. As if to say that things are as good as they get and there can be no room for improvement. That philosophy spills over into things besides the pre-stream as well.

And I really doubt more people enjoy the pre-stream than those who want it reformatted/gone.

What is especially egregious is the 15-20 minutes of music before talking even begins.

• Like 1