The King of Hate Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MasterOfAwesomeness

One Piece

Discuss all things related to the popular manga/anime, One Piece.  I get the feeling that OP would end by the time that we're all married and start families.  I'm liking the Dressrosa Arc a lot.  How will Luffy defeat Doflamingo?  Will we see the Straw Hats take on a Yonko and their crew this year?  Who is the 7th Warlord?  Will we learn more about other groups like the Revolutionaries?   

Discuss all things related to the popular manga/anime, One Piece.  I get the feeling that OP would end by the time that we're all married and start families.  I'm liking the Dressrosa Arc a lot.  How will Luffy defeat Doflamingo?  Will we see the Straw Hats take on a Yonko and their crew this year?  Who is the 7th Warlord?  Will we learn more about other groups like the Revolutionaries?   

​Isn't the 7th warlord buggy?

​Isn't the 7th warlord buggy?

​No, the warlords are: Doffy, Kuma, Mihawk, Hancock, Law, Buggy, and ???

Anyways, I read the newest chapter and I liked how Oda

developed Señor Pink and gave us his backstory of how he wears the baby outfit to honor his dead son and his vegetative wife.

​No, the warlords are: Doffy, Kuma, Mihawk, Hancock, Law, Buggy, and ???

Anyways, I read the newest chapter and I liked how Oda

Hidden Content

​sadly, right now I'm just keeping up with the anime but I really like the dress rosa arc probably one of my favorite arcs right now.

had no idea there was going to be another warlord. Who were they replacing or is this a guy who was always there but never shown? I remember buggy being a replacement for moria so I thought he was the last one.

​sadly, right now I'm just keeping up with the anime but I really like the dress rosa arc probably one of my favorite arcs right now.

had no idea there was going to be another warlord. Who were they replacing or is this a guy who was always there but never shown? I remember buggy being a replacement for moria so I thought he was the last one.

​Out: Moria, Jinbei, and Blackbeard (he becomes a Yonko)

In: Law, Buggy, and ???

​Out: Moria, Jinbei, and Blackbeard (he becomes a Yonko)

In: Law, Buggy, and ???

​wasn't jinbei replaced a long time ago with somebody else. When he appeared he was in prison so I assume he was replaced long ago. I remember blackbeard quitting during the war which was why law was able to come in. Is this person replacing Law because if that's so that makes sense.

I'm wondering if captain Kuro will ever show up again I feel like the author forgot about him.

​wasn't jinbei replaced a long time ago with somebody else. When he appeared he was in prison so I assume he was replaced long ago. I remember blackbeard quitting during the war which was why law was able to come in. Is this person replacing Law because if that's so that makes sense.

I'm wondering if captain Kuro will ever show up again I feel like the author forgot about him.

​Jinbei was still a Warlord during the Impel Down arc.  When he and the other escapees arrived at Marineford, he told the Marines that he would resign.  Kuro and the other villains from the East Blue arc will probably not return unless it's a brief cameo. 

wow,I completely forgot about that...jinbei was a warlord because he was trying to protect the mer/fish people right? It's funny how when you read so many chapters of something they all start to blur together. I'm rereading one piece right now so I'm really starting to understand the whole big picture in the story and it really interesting to see how everything falls into place. I really like how Oda tells a story and the way he tackles heavy subject matter such as racism,class warfare among other subjects.

reading the arlong park segment with the information I gained from the fish man island arc is really giving added depth to arlong's character.   

I do think that they will make an appearance in the story but who knows when. I wouldn't rule out small supporting roles since several characters from earlier arcs have gotten small supporting character roles in the story. Helmeppo,Coby,Jango,fullbody and Hachi were all from earlier arcs that have made later appearances along with several of crocodile's men in impel down which was a fun surprise. 

One Piece is a very good to outstanding anime.  The characters, writing, animation, and action scenes are without question badass.

​it really is, very well done. Well worth the watch or read. Probably one of the few shows or manga where I wouldn't feel annoyed that there are over 70 volumes and over 680 episodes. 

to be off-topic for a moment when I look at your avatar I'm reminded of this old crossover comic I read where spiderman does meet superman. Superman meeting spiderman was probably one of the earliest crossover. It's odd that I'm reminded of that.   

• Upvote 1

It's rumored that the Wano Country Arc may begin before October.  Anyways, this week is a break week as Chapter 776 will be posted on the 12th.  

Hidden Content

​I figured that would be the next place they would go. You can correct me if I'm wrong or not but didn't they say Hawkeye came from the wano kingdom. I feel like they either gave you clues or stated it but it's been so long I could have mixed up the backstories. I'm also wondering if they're ever going to explain where Zoro comes from since he randomly appears one day at that dojo in the beginning. It's very mysterious it almost makes it seem like there's something more to it.

​I figured that would be the next place they would go. You can correct me if I'm wrong or not but didn't they say Hawkeye came from the wano kingdom. I feel like they either gave you clues or stated it but it's been so long I could have mixed up the backstories. I'm also wondering if they're ever going to explain where Zoro comes from since he randomly appears one day at that dojo in the beginning. It's very mysterious it almost makes it seem like there's something more to it.

​Hawkeye didn't come from Wano.  He came from that island that Zoro landed on when the crew was sent flying by Kuma.  The samurais Kinemon, Monosuke, and Kanjuro are from Wano. 

​Hawkeye didn't come from Wano.  He came from that island that Zoro landed on when the crew was sent flying by Kuma.  The samurais Kinemon, Monosuke, and Kanjuro are from Wano. 

​he didn't come from that island he lives there now but he wasn't born there he even says something to the equivalent of that to Zoro. They say all swordsmen come from wano and there's even a part where they show shadowed swordmen one looks very much like Mihawk so That's why I figured he might be from there.

I'm calling it right now though Zoro is definitely from there.    

​he didn't come from that island he lives there now but he wasn't born there he even says something to the equivalent of that to Zoro. They say all swordsmen come from wano and there's even a part where they show shadowed swordmen one looks very much like Mihawk so That's why I figured he might be from there.

I'm calling it right now though Zoro is definitely from there.    

​Wano is NOT a swordsman island, it's a SAMURAI island.  Mihawk and Zoro are NOT samurais. 

​Wano is NOT a swordsman island, it's a SAMURAI island.  Mihawk and Zoro are NOT samurais. 

I know what Wano is it's basically old Japan. It's very similar to real Japan in that Japan was isolated for a time until U.S. forced them open in 1853. I'm wondering if he's going to include something to that equivalent in the actual story.  

I'm not saying that Zoro and Mihawk are samurais right now especially since Zoro left his home when he was very young but it would be interesting to the narrative if they had common backgrounds. I'm saying that Mihawk might have been a samurai but then abandon it or that Zoro for whatever reason ended up far from his home. 

samurai are swordsmen, they are a job class that uses a sword so I have no idea what you're getting at. 

​it really is, very well done. Well worth the watch or read. Probably one of the few shows or manga where I wouldn't feel annoyed that there are over 70 volumes and over 680 episodes. 

to be off-topic for a moment when I look at your avatar I'm reminded of this old crossover comic I read where spiderman does meet superman. Superman meeting spiderman was probably one of the earliest crossover. It's odd that I'm reminded of that.   

​Did you like the cross over?

If you're imagining that the Wano country is going to be like Amazon Lily or the Okama kingdom that makes sense but I'm really hoping that that isn't the case. I would like it if there was more than samurais in Wano since to me Amazon Lily and Okama kingdom don't feel as big as some of the other places in one piece.

​Did you like the cross over?

​Yeah, I'll elaborate about this more in the comic talk thread

• Upvote 1

Spoilers for tomorrow's chapter are up. 

Kyros will defeat Diamante.  Besides Dolfamingo, only Pica, Trebol, and Bellamy remain.  Just read Chapter 776, and to me, that was a terrible fight between Kyros and Diamante.  Moving onto the next battle please.

Edited by MasterOfAwesomeness

This topic needs more activity. D: One Piece is such an awesome series. I've enjoyed Dressrosa, but I'm rather glad its about to end. Though I'm sure the Luffy vs. Doflamingo battle will take a minimum of 3 chapters. Maybe 5-6. Then there's Trebol whom is still there so maybe Law will recover a bit and be able to finish him off for Luffy.

• Upvote 1

I hope this isn't the end for Law since he's one of my favorite characters.  I like the trick he did by switching bodies with a Doflamingo henchman and used the Gamma Knife on Doflamingo.  I yelled BS when I saw Doflamingo using strings to repair his organs.

This topic needs more activity. D: One Piece is such an awesome series. I've enjoyed Dressrosa, but I'm rather glad its about to end. Though I'm sure the Luffy vs. Doflamingo battle will take a minimum of 3 chapters. Maybe 5-6. Then there's Trebol whom is still there so maybe Law will recover a bit and be able to finish him off for Luffy.

​I totally agree one piece deserves way more attention, dressrosa is turning out to be one of my favorite arcs. I really love Doflamingo as a villain too. He's such a great character design and his powers are so interesting!

​I totally agree one piece deserves way more attention, dressrosa is turning out to be one of my favorite arcs. I really love Doflamingo as a villain too. He's such a great character design and his powers are so interesting!

​Dressrosa is at least a step up from Fishman Island. That one really bored me.

​Dressrosa is at least a step up from Fishman Island. That one really bored me.

​yeah, a lot of people say the fishman island was boring and hordy is probably one of the worst one piece villains but the fisher tiger past storyline touched an emotional chord with me and I really liked Shirahoshi's character and her interactions with Luffy. The fish man arc was really about showing or depicting class warfare/racism in the one piece series. The series has kinda been doing this throughout but I feel like they really start to dig deep in this arc.