The King of Hate Forums

I started watching One Piece at the end of August, kinda started to regret it now that I found out there's 700+ episodes :blink: (im currently on episode 65). I'm regretting because I love it but goddamn it took me like a month to see 50 episodes, then again the show has been going on for 15 years and there is another 10 to go so I think I got time to catch up XD.

Don't worry MOA I'll catch up for you :biggrin:

Edited by BrickArts295

On 10/30/2015, 7:41:40, BrickArts295 said:

I started watching One Piece at the end of August, kinda started to regret it now that I found out there's 700+ episodes :blink: (im currently on episode 65). I'm regretting because I love it but goddamn it took me like a month to see 50 episodes, then again the show has been going on for 15 years and there is another 10 to go so I think I got time to catch up XD.

Don't worry MOA I'll catch up for you :biggrin:

I marathoned like the first 500 or so episodes in 2-3 months. Its insane. I had to take a break for around 4 or 5 months. Doesn't help the arc I took a break on was one that I just was not enjoying at all. I'm not going to spoil it though obviously. But yeah marathoning One Piece is a very daunting task. 

On 11/1/2015, 11:54:59, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

I read the manga and watch the anime, but I prefer the manga over the anime. 

I'll probably jump ship and continue the story line on the Manga once I caught up with the Anime, I did the same with Naruto.

I have never watched the show simply because of how long it is. Im actually really glad most anime is becoming shorter. It makes it much easier for new viewer's. I much prefer anime under 100 episodes. 

I think the best longer running series so far has been Hunter X Hunter. I think your seeing the trend of shorter becoming better at least with anime, less long series like One piece, Naruto and Bleach. 

Edited by cooper

20 minutes ago, cooper said:

I have never watched the show simply because of how long it is. Im actually really glad most anime is becoming shorter. It makes it much easier for new viewer's. I much prefer anime under 100 episodes. 

I think the best longer running series so far has been Hunter X Hunter. I think your seeing the trend of shorter becoming better at least with anime, less long series like One piece, Naruto and Bleach. 

Toei has been known for pacing issues by having 1 episode = 1 chapter which wasn't the case before the time skip.  Anyways, Oda confirmed that 2016 will be the year of Sanji. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MasterOfAwesomeness said:

Toei has been known for pacing issues by having 1 episode = 1 chapter which wasn't the case before the time skip.  Anyways, Oda confirmed that 2016 will be the year of Sanji. 

I'm not saying the show is poorly paced or it has alot of filler. Was just saying it is long as fuck, if your someone who is into alot of media and not just anime it is alot. For me im mostly into gaming, tv shows and anime so my music and movie knowledge has suffered just not enough time. I'm not really up to date on alot of what is going on in them besides the big releases and even then i miss out on alot.  

Edited by cooper

On 12/31/2015 at 6:30 PM, cooper said:

Yeah, I can see why it would be daunting for newcomers to try and jump into. The show has been airing for 10+ years, which equals a huge amount of binging. What's even more ridiculous is that the author shows no signs of slowing down, he keeps expanding the One Piece universe, adding new plotlines and new characters instead of giving closure to existing ones. It's as though he plans to write this story for the rest of his life and expects his fans to follow him til the end. But I suspect a lot of people who started this series in their teens are growing up and getting bored with the lack of closure.  

I never watched the anime. I started reading the manga when it was published in Western Shonen Jump. I quit after several chapters when I realized that this ride had no end in sight, but I still skim the manga updates each week to get a sense of how the story's progressing. I sense that it's going to continue for many years to come, barring unforeseen circumstances. 

I'm not sure that anime is becoming shorter, I think it's mainly the shonen shows that are huge commitments. Most anime I've watched are 26 episodes at most. 

Hunter x Hunter is pretty good overall, I agree. I started the 2011 reboot weeks ago and finished days ago. What about you? Have you seen all the episodes of the 2011 reboot?

On 1/1/2016 at 7:07 PM, cooper said:

I'm not saying the show is poorly paced or it has alot of filler. Was just saying it is long as fuck, if your someone who is into alot of media and not just anime it is alot. For me im mostly into gaming, tv shows and anime so my music and movie knowledge has suffered just not enough time. I'm not really up to date on alot of what is going on in them besides the big releases and even then i miss out on alot.  

I can relate. I'm into all the media you're into, but I also like watching many films and reading, so that's a huge amount of choice each day. I read an interesting social psychology book about this problem recently, called The Paradox of Choice. It reaffirmed my belief that I have to be satisfied with making sacrifices instead of trying to be a jack of all trades, trying to keep up with everybody else, etc. It's better to settle on a few core values and choose most of your media to correspond to those values, but I'm still struggling with that part, ha ha.

I don't care much that my music knowledge has suffered. Most of the music I like is video game music anyway, so that's one sacrifice I'm okay with making.  

Can you allow for a little leeway? About half of that post was dedicated to how long One Piece is, and I don't think there's a huge danger of derailment. A little conversation is better than nothing, and this topic wouldn't have much activity otherwise. 

6 minutes ago, KingBunghole said:

Can you allow for a little leeway? About half of that post was dedicated to how long One Piece is, and I don't think there's a huge danger of derailment. A little conversation is better than nothing, and this topic wouldn't have much activity otherwise. 

Okay fine, continue what you were doing.

Woah, can't believe I found a forum that has one of my favorite Anime in it. Is this a discussion that is about the manga or the anime? I'm caught up on both. 

5 hours ago, FlashC7 said:

Woah, can't believe I found a forum that has one of my favorite Anime in it. Is this a discussion that is about the manga or the anime? I'm caught up on both. 

Mainly manga, but we can talk about the anime as well. 

The next anime episode involves Luffy defeating Doflamingo.

• Upvote 1