The King of Hate Forums

One Piece Arcs Review - Jaya

The Good
First  we start the arc with Nico Robin stowing away on the ship and demands Luffy to let her join the crew since he saved her life and this was cool to automatically start the Sky Island Saga with a new crew member and I really like Robin as a character cause at this point she was a mystery (we will get into that later), but she was definitely the mature one of the group and I always liked her Devil Fruit Power. 

The introduction of Blackbeard and the Blackbeard Pirates was awesome and Teach giving one of the best speeches in the history. 

Most of best things of the arc is at night which is awesome 

Luffy knocking out Bellamy

The introduction of 2 Warlords Donquixote Doflamingo and Bartholomew Kuma and they are bad ass. 

Also the introduction of Sengoku.

The Bad
The Town isn't really that interesting 

Bellamy is a generic villain with no Depth

Final Thoughts: Even though its just a set up arc it works cause we just came off Alabasta and we needed a short arc before we get into a another huge arc and trust me Skypiea is pretty long. 

Overall Grade: A-

FB_IMG_1554448749648.thumb.jpg.d6c44f3519a6c2f639d48f9196eca517.jpg

Edited by sateler96

One Piece Arc Reviews - Skypiea

The Good
When they get to Skypiea the scenery is beautiful as well as their people and their fashion 

Wyper is a really character and has a great moment of the climax of Luffy vs. Enel

Enel's underlings are more interesting than him 

Zoro vs. Ohm was badass

Robin has a really good fight with Yams

The Flashback near the climax was great. 

The Bad
The Bulk of the Arc is just on the forest which is just plain looking

Enel's Devil Fruit powers are bad ass but as a villain he is boring. 

Final Thoughts: While not as amazing as Arlong Park and Alabasta I think Skypiea served its purpose by expanding the world of One Piece and this arc does help other arcs as well.

Overall Grade: A-

FB_IMG_1554451657425.thumb.jpg.e4a891550b30c4a268d144042703eec3.jpg

One Piece Arc Reviews - Long Ring Long Island 

The Good
This  is one of the funniest arcs

The Sanji and Zoro Davy back fight is epic. 

Fluffy vs. Foxy is hilarious.

The wildlife is unique

At the end of the arc is the best part with the introduction of Aokiji that sets up things to come in the new saga. 

The Bad
Its paced horribly in the anime  

The island is boring

The anime made Davy back fights are horrible

Foxy while funny in bits in the manga is horrible in the anime. 

Its basically just a filler arc

Final Thoughts: As a start of the Water Seven saga it's a horrible start, but least were about to get into some good shit. 

Overall Grade: D+

FB_IMG_1554541230377.thumb.jpg.feb15605969d91a40a1ebed8bdd64a89.jpg

One Piece Arc Review - Water 7

The Good
This is one of the saddest arcs in One Piece not only does arc reveal that the Going Merry can not traverse the sea any longer, but Luffy decides to get a new ship which makes him and Usopp go at odds with each other to the point where Usopp gets the fucking balls to challenge Luffy which is laughable to think but its actually heartbreaking and awesome at the same time and is one of the best fights in the series which just elevates this arc more than a set up arc for the huge shit in the next arc. 

Nico Robin disappears early in the arc which makes her betrayal later so much more effective cause we don't resolve shot until the next arc.  

The introduction of Franky and his amazing back story with his master Tom. 

Water Seven is such a beautiful location with beautiful lighting in the day, sunset and night scenery 

The introduction to the series best villains CP-9 which I was shocked when they revealed who they actually were and was interested on how the Straw hats were actually gonna beat these guys cause you basically just have to be stronger than them. 

Paulie is such a cool character.

Everything that happens on the Sea Train is amazing  with the MVPs of that portion are Sanji, Sogeking (Usopp), and Franky. Franky basically is the best part of the arc. 

The Bad
Basically a perfect set up arc. 

Final Thought: This is probably the best set up arc in One Piece gives you so much with out it being grand and epic which we will get in Enies Lobby.

Overall Grade: A+

FB_IMG_1554573478268.thumb.jpg.4215c8b9ce2f8ecd1ae19fb50db4438c.jpg

Edited by sateler96
  • Like 1

One Piece Arc Reviews - Enies Lobby

The Good
And here we are at the meat of the Water 7 saga one of the best Major Arcs in the series the World Government base Enies Lobby. With the Strawhats and the Franky Family invading the island of the World Government which is awesome

Robin gets a HUGE character moment as her past is explained and is truly gut wrenching as she watches her home island on fire because of the World Government. 

It makes Little Garden a lot better as there are Giants on the island and Usopp tells them we know the Giants from Little Garden so they decide to help. 

The Humor is on point as the last arc was very dark this brings it back to normal One Piece while being epic as well.

The introduction of Luffy doing Second Gear is just bad fucking ass. Third Gear is also shown and its great and what happens after it is hilarious but 2nd gear is just epic.

Sanji does Diable Jambe and its fucking sweet as he knocks out Jyabura. 

And he's not the only one who got a power up Chopper becomes Monster Chopper with his awaken Devil Fruit power and he destroys Kumadori

Nami vs. Kalifa is excellent and the last time Nami has a fantastic fight which is sad, but anyway her Climate Element attack is great. 

Zoro vs. Kaku is amazing 

Franky gets a lot to do in this arc not only does he burn the blueprints to the ancient weapon, he beats a CP-9 member, saves Chopper and Robin. and keeps fighting the marines

Usopp gives a great speech to Luffy not to give up. 

Luffy vs. Rob Lucci is also amazing. 

The Bad
Nothing 

Final Thoughts: Enies Lobby delivers on every scale of a Major Arc which I thought when watching it there's no way it could top Alabasta, but I was wrong and it did.

Enies_Lobby_Arc.thumb.png.9a19afefc7591e2774c067bef2a53ba4.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sateler96 said:

One Piece Arc Reviews - Enies Lobby

The Fukuro character was pretty cool and funny to me, and one of my favourite of the 'CP9'.

Fukuro.gif

Edited by MoraMoria

8 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

The Fukuro character was pretty cool and funny to me, and one of my favourite of the 'CP9'.

Fukuro.gif

Oh yeah he's great at first I was like who the fuck is this guy when I saw him lol

One Piece Arc Reviews - Post Enies Lobby 

The Good
Showing how the Going Merry got to Enies Lobby 

The Funeral of the Going Merry which was heartbreaking

The introduction of the Strawhats new ship the Thousand Sunny a pretty badass ship.

Franky joining the Strawhats was funny concluding his story arc

Robin also has her story arc concluded with Akoji showing there are actually good marines (you'll see the asshole ones later)

The Introduction and Big Reveal of Vice Admiral Garp is Luffy's Grandfather and the even bigger reveal of Luffy's father is Monkey D. Dragon the man who saved him in the Lougetown arc

The Reveal of the Four Emperors and that Shanks is one of them. 

Colby comes back stronger and he's a bad ass. 

The Meeting of Whitebeard and Shanks which was epic. 

Blackbeard vs. Ace was amazing and Ace:s loss sets up major events for the end of the first half of the series. 

Usopp finally apologies for his action which leads to him breaking down in tears and Luffy quickly forgiving him in tears which was great. 

The Bad
It is revealed the next island they would have to was Fishman Island and looking back it now this was huge laugh how we thought it would be the next arc or the arc after but nope it took 7 arcs to get there and even a time skip and we actually got there well....... we will get to that later.

Final Thoughts: For the last chapter of the Water 7 Saga it was short but with huge shocking reveals which made this arc great and a lot of characters arcs closing from Franky, Usopp and Robin

Grade: A-

FB_IMG_1554972113440.thumb.jpg.11d3b5f230e84a6c7c897ec51285234e.jpg

One Piece Arc Reviews - Thriller Bark

The Good
The Introduction of Brook and Luffy instantly wanting him to join the crew is hilarious and his back story is heart breaking like how it usually in One Piece but its even more so when it is revealed who that god damn whale Laboon was waiting for the whole damn time and it was Brook. 

The design of Thriller Bark is badass.

Perona is amazing I love her design, her personality and her powers who takes out Luffy, Zoro, and Franky.

Usopp vs. Perona is pretty awesome

The twist with Kuma showing up and the Strawhats not ready to fight 2 Warlords and everything with Kuma and Zoro is amazing which at the end of it he is covered in blood and telling Sanji nothing happend after absorbing all of Luffy's Pain and Fatigue. 

The Strawhats vs. Oars was spectacular. 

It at least builds the world of One Piece like Lola giving Nami her Mom's Vivre Card (which sets up Big Mom) and that weird creature at the end of the arc. 

The Bad
Its basically one huge filler arc cause its just a random pit stop to save Brook's shadow so he can join the Strawhats.

Gekko Moriah design is pretty meh and I really don't care for him as a villain and this really shows when we get to the Marineford arc 

His underlings are pretty forgettable and horribly design except for Perona

The sexual assault on Naomi and trying to capture her for at least 4 times and its fucking annoying

The arc is a slog to get through and when we get to the fight with Oars the arc is almost over. 

Final Thoughts: Definately  not the best arc of the series but not the worst still an enjoyable fun arc even if it takes awhile to get going.

Overall Grade: C+

FB_IMG_1555000601456.thumb.jpg.eaa598ba82f5b7313427a59011abea46.jpg

3 hours ago, sateler96 said:

One Piece Arc Reviews - Thriller Bark

Usopp vs. Perona is pretty awesome

His underlings are pretty forgettable and horribly design except for Perona

I agree, and the fight against Perona was probably the best part of the 'Arc', for me.

But I think that these guys are cool, specially the penguin duo, they would make great merchandising.

PenguinDuo.jpg

Inuppe.jpg

4 hours ago, MoraMoria said:

I agree, and the fight against Perona was probably the best part of the 'Arc', for me.

But I think that these guys are cool, specially the penguin duo, they would make great merchandising.

PenguinDuo.jpg

Inuppe.jpg

I love Perona I thought it was sad that she was sad that Zoro had to go back to the crew 

One Piece Arc Reviews - Sabaody Archipelago 

The Good

The redemption of Hachi and the showing of how Nami has grown as a character. 

Camie and Pappagu are pretty fun characters. 

Sabaody is a fun and cool place.

The introduction of the Supernovas later renamed as The Worst Generation the stand outs being Trafalgar Law and Eustass Kid

The introduction of Dark King Rayleigh the first mate to Gold D. Roger and I will tell you he is a badass and the he knows all the answers we wanted, but Luffy didn't want to know it...... somewhat disappointing.

The Introduction of Marine Admiral Kizaru and this when the arc turns from Fun to getting Revenge to Shit Hitting the fan for the Strawhats who just wrecks the Worst Generation and Strawhats.

The Decimation of the Strawhats as the lose BAD as they have to face and try to escape Kizaru, Kuma, Kuma robots and Sentomaru

And the ending of the arc is truly heartbreaking as The Strawhats are quickly transported by Kuma (even though Luffy thinks he killed them) which was a wake up call that they were not ready for the New World as the were still rookies and needed a much much much big power boost.

The Bad
I thought the Celestial Dragons were pretty lame even though Luffy punching the shit out of the main asshole was amazing the Dragons don't hurt the arc just how I feel about them.

Sentomaru is badass but I never cared for him.

Final Thoughts: This was a fantastic way to start the New Saga which a huge cliffhanger at the end.

FB_IMG_1555034773438.thumb.jpg.c2484dfcd4daf78ae41b12e4d2b68e70.jpg

37 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

One Piece Arc Reviews - Sabaody Archipelago

I can't believe you didn't mention the ultimate adonis, Duval. A complete change in personality and beauty, barely matched by the gods.

Duval.gif

18 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

I can't believe you didn't mention the ultimate adonis, Duval. A complete change in personality and beauty, barely matched by the gods.

Duval.gif

Lol to be honest I forgot about him 

When I started watching One piece again during this past month I had to start with this arc cause Toonami ended with Thriller Bark so could be some stuff I do miss but now I'm all caught up now with the current Reverie arc 

One Piece Arc Reviews - Amazon Lily 

The Good
The Kuja tribe are very diverse

The weird obsessions with snakes

The Introduction of Boa Handcock is such a badass character.

The set up to Impel Down to save Ace. 

The filler tiny arcs showing what happen to the other Strawhats.

The Bad
Its just basically a filler arc until the end to set up Impel Down

The island is pretty bland looking.

Margaret is pretty forget able

Handcock falls in love with Luffy so easily (its funny now but still)

The lack of major characters

Its predictable and no clear direction until a certain thing happens. 

Final Thoughts: Not a terrible arc, but once you find out about Impel Down you just want the arc to hurry the fuck up and get to the next one. 

Overall Grade: C

FB_IMG_1555134288747.thumb.jpg.02db44376a44b2959939950257c162fa.jpg

One Piece Arc Reviews - Impel Down

The Good
This is easily one of the funniest arcs in the series every time Luffy wants to go down, Buggy just wants to escape

The Return Many Characters firstly Buggy and Mr. 3 being a team was fucking genius and hilarious 

Bon Clay aka Mr. 2 who gets a lot of bad ass moments and heart breaking moments

Crocodile makes his return which was awesome as well as Mr. 1

The introduction of Jinbe who was a Warlord but turned it down because he didn't want to be apart of the execution of Ace and to kill Whitebeard and who would of guess that this guy would be very important in One Piece and I'm happy he is cause he is such a bad ass. 

Also the introduction Emporio Ivankov the Queen of the Queers who's devil fruit is awesome and he is just a fun character to watch on screen and hilarious. 

Inazuma is a badass 

Its incredible well written 

Magellan is a incredible antagonist who is not evil but just wanted to keep order and was unstoppable. 

Hanibal was hilarious and a cool character. 

There's a dominatrix impel down guard lol. 

The Blackbeard pirates which is a oh shit moment. 

It is a set up arc but its a great set up arc.

The Bad
Nothing. 

Final Thoughts: Impel Down was a big surprise of how hard I laughed and I needed that especially since the next arc.... is well we will get there. 

FB_IMG_1555135243854.thumb.jpg.abf6655b7352056f873e9fbea7ef927f.jpg

Just now, sateler96 said:

One Piece Arc Reviews - Impel Down

This is easily one of my favourite 'Arcs', if not my favourite.

The Buggy moments were pretty cool, and I like that he got to cooperate with Mr. 3. Also, Ivankov's powers are incredible, and something that I did not expect from a 'devil fruit'.

The whole 'sneaking in this giant fortress' idea was very refreshing, and the final scene with Bon Clay/Mr. 2 was pretty emotional. I must admit, I didn't like him very much at first, but he's a real hero, by sacrificing himself to save his friends.

One Piece Arc Reviews - Marineford

The Good
You can not watch this arc by it self cause your gonna need to know what the hell is going on in the entire the series. 

CHARACTERS HOLY SHIT LOL
Buggy and the Impel Down prisoners were hilarious, Sengoku has an amazing Devil Fruit holy shit, Marko is one of my favorites and his DF power is awesome, Smoker and Handcock get into a hilarious fight where she protects Luffy and Smoker is like what the fuck, Mr. 3 saves the day kind of, Crocodile vs. Doflamingo, so much amazing characters lol. Of and return of Shanks. 

The reveal that Ace is in fact Gold D. Ace the son of Gold D. Roger. 

The story arc of Whitebeard was amazing such an amazing character. 

The other character who was great is Garp who very split with the person Roger asked him to protect and the moment when Garp let Luffy punch him was excellent.

The shocking thing that happens in the arc is that Ace actually does die from Marine Admiral Lava Dickhead while protecting Luffy which ultimately broke my heart because ever since Impel Down and the majority of this arc were following Luffy who is trying to save his brother and everyone along the way that he meets up whether it be his old villains new friends or Whitebeard and his crew and they all want to either help Luffy save ace or just don't want the Marines to win and when Ace dies it means they fucking lost which did suck and Luffy's break down hurt. 

Whitebeard v. Lava Dickhead was excellent. 

Whitebeard also dies but he died destroying the entire Marineford headquarters and died standing up and his flashback was amazing that he just wanted a family

And as Whitebeard dies by the hands of everything basically Blackbeard and his merry men and women of assholes show up and still wonder how he even did this steal Whitebeard's Devil Fruit power making him the only man to have 2 DF powers. 

Colby gets a big moment where he stood up to Lava Dickhead.

Moria fucking dies at the end of all this by his fellow Warlord Doflamingo and I have one thing to say.... FINALLY. 

The Bad
Lol Nothing

Final Thoughts: Marineford is my favorite arc in the series enough said. 

656.thumb.jpg.4ea47fa4bcd3de061e15b65cda89310d.jpg

2 minutes ago, sateler96 said:

One Piece Arc Reviews - Marineford

This is my other favourite 'Arc'.

You have to admit that Kizaru is way too overpowered, but he's hilarious to me.

And in my opinion, Akainu should have died being punched like that, by Whitebeard.

5 minutes ago, MoraMoria said:

This is my other favourite 'Arc'.

You have to admit that Kizaru is way too overpowered, but he's hilarious to me.

And in my opinion, Akainu should have died being punched like that, by Whitebeard.

I wish he did, but you know what its alright cause Luffy will be the one to kick his ass 

One Piece Arc Reviews - Post War

The Good
Luffy's flashback with him and Ace

Showing Luffy's DF power was a weak power until he put the training in to be stronger which was cool.

The Supernovas going to the New World. 

The Despair and Return of Fluffy.

Zoro gets training from Mihawk.....yeah Zoro gonna become a bad ass even more. 

All the strawhats get cool side stories. 

The Bad
Sabo just comes out of no where and didn't see the purpose for him to be honest and has a fake put death which didn't even make sense. 

Its basically just filler cause you wanna get to the time skip.

Final Thoughts: Decent small arc after the massive War arc not great not bad either just alright. 

FB_IMG_1555138368010.thumb.jpg.8242939271f3926f8e57913bf9b1fa87.jpg

One Piece Arc Review - Return to Saboady

The Good
The Strawhats finally return and get new designs which were awesome 

Luffy's is stronger as well as Sanji and Zoro as they basically get revenge on the people that beat them and it was excellent 

Usopp gets buff 

The imposter Strawhats lol. 

Finding out Kuma made a deal to be programmed to protect the Thousand Sunny and I can't wait to see his backstory . 

Oh yeah seeing Perona again and she's like even way hotter that's always a plus. 

Luffy says he's gonna become the Pirate King again showing the tears of Raleigh was also great with the music We GO Music was excellent. 

The Bad
Caribou.... but even he can't ruin this arc

Final Thoughts: This was a fantastic start the 2nd half of One Piece and the Fishman Island Saga even though the next saga isn't that great but well will get to that later. 

FB_IMG_1555139532044.thumb.jpg.db5b9c649a58bd34296d802779c1057f.jpg

36 minutes ago, MarvelDominates said:

I hate One Piece because people who only watch it swear they are into anime. You're not into anime if you only watch One Piece. There are better animes out there.

I don't watch too much anime nowadays, but which ones do you like?

1 hour ago, MarvelDominates said:

I hate One Piece because people who only watch it swear they are into anime. You're not into anime if you only watch One Piece. There are better animes out there.

Why hate the show for that?  Did you ever see OP?

One Piece Arc Reviews - Fishman Island

The Good
Fishman Island is pretty gorgeous 

The Strawhats showing off their new abilities was epic especially Luffy knocking out like 1,000 people 

The Big Flashback is pretty great.

Luffy vs. Jinbe even though it was short 

Luffy wanting Jinbe to join his crew even though he can't right now. 

The Set up for Emperor Big Mom and her 2 Hench people Pekoms and Tamago were awesome and the Tea Party starts in 4 days lol 

At the end showing Smoker and Tishigi for the next arc. 

The Bad
Hody Jones is such a terrible ass villain I would say worst in the series, he's so generic and he gets stronger cause of drugs...... lame 

Vanderdeckin is also a bad villain but least has a plan. 

His underlings are pretty generic as well

Basically the new fishman pirates are no threat.

Sanji's constant nose bleeds were annoying, they were fine in the last arc cause I thought they wouldn't last, but they did. 

Shirahoshi is annoying and somehow she is a ancient weapon. 

It drags a lot. 

Oh and Caribou whatever his name is comes back and is annoying yet again even more in this arc. 

Final Thoughts: As the first Major arc in post time skip its not one of the greats its just decent.

FB_IMG_1555195975794.thumb.jpg.f1a4a8865710d9eafb1649f59e4972ae.jpg